RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Relocating the electronics? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/365817-relocating-electronics.html)

Chili 02-12-2012 09:19 AM

Relocating the electronics?

Hello.
Now that I've fixed my esc issues, I can finally install the interior to my wraith.
I thought about placing the esc to the front, where the radiobox used to be, the battery to the front (behind the dash) and my radiobox to the rear end.
I have some problems with the radiobox and the battery placement, does anyone have some tips for me, or pictures from their electronics?

drywallguy 02-12-2012 10:35 AM

Re: Relocating the electronics?

1 Attachment(s)
This will be a good start. Wraith Electronics Tray ditched the box and cut the battery tray down. It mounts perfect with the tray mount.

Chili 02-12-2012 10:44 AM

Sadly, I don't think the tray is an option, since the shipping would cost 40 dollars to Finland :cry:
Any ideas how the battery tray could be mounted without the electronics tray thingy?

drywallguy 02-12-2012 11:06 AM

Ouch! You could make a tray from styrene. They (CI) use the mount holes for the box and turned on it's side the battery tray mounting hole lines up just right. But it needs a little more support than the one screw. I don't think you would be able to use a heavy battery.

Chili 02-12-2012 11:09 AM

I'll see what I can do next weekend, when I'll install the interior.
Any ideas on the rear radio box?

drywallguy 02-12-2012 11:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here it is almost empty.

Chili 02-12-2012 01:08 PM

Anyone got pics how the radio box would be mounted in the rear, or how to esc would be mounted behind the seats?

Rjohn929 02-12-2012 03:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is how I did mine. I used an electronics box from radio shack.

nebie545 02-12-2012 05:54 PM

the batt will stay in the spot behind the dash without any mounts. a standard size 2 cell fits nice and tight and the hood holds it from coming out. I had mine that way for over a month.

but honestly, I didn't see the big differance moving the batt up front. if u have enuf weight in the frt wheels, it crawls just fine in the stock location. I moved all my stuff back to factory locations. it was more of a hastle than what it was worth.

LDogg 02-13-2012 03:02 PM

I Moved my esc to the rear and a 2s 2200 fits in the spot where the esc was before. I haven't moved to radio box yet, but will soon. I want to close off the rear with a deck lid, so I can put scale accessories on there. The only thing I had to do was cut a small portion if the radio box lid, so it was flush with the bottom. I also routed the switch to the driver side and attached it to the battery tray. No pics at the moment but I can snap a few if you like.

WarTrader 02-13-2012 04:14 PM

No to sound like a jerk but do a search there is basically the same thread bout two pages back "thumbsup"

Chili 02-13-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarTrader (Post 3566310)
No to sound like a jerk but do a search there is basically the same thread bout two pages back "thumbsup"

Yeah.. I tried that.. but somehow I failed at such a simple task.
I was hoping someone would have done the linking for me :lmao:

Any pictures would be nice, since I'm still quite confused about how am I supposed to do this.