Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: my new wraith (progression)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #141
RCC Addict

Default Re: my new wraith (progression)

I've been in order mode lately. I've ordered, VP CMS and panhard, scale shackles, BGR stinger winch bumper, and am getting a Tekin 13.5T out of a trade deal. Also scored on a set of the TSS 2.2 Robby Gordan beadlocks off of the classifieds. I can't wait to get all of the parts and get to work. The Pitbulls will look killer on the new wheels.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #142
Rock Crawler

So you're the one that jumped on those, got a heck of a deal. Waiting for some pics...
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #143
RCC Addict

Yeah. I haven't gotten the wheels or the motor yet, but everything else is installed and looking good. Will have to wait until Saturday to post up any pics. The Robby Gordan beadlocks and pitbulls will look sweet.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #144
RCC Addict

Got the CMS and panhard installed, motor wires soldered and motor installed. Wheels should be here today so I'll get on those tonight. Also got my VP diff cover finally.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 AM   #145
RCC Addict

Also, what is the max drag brake you guys would run with the Tekin Redline 13.5t?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #146
RCC Addict

Got a couple pics of the new wheels. Still need to go get the hardware for the hubs, but they look sweet.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #147
RCC Addict

Went out and did some crawling, bashing and hill climbs today, and well lets just say that 13.5t brought the heat. Between the hill climbs, bouncing and roll overs I managed to rip both screws out of the pass side knuckle. I was having so much fun watching this thing bounce and jump up the hills that I didn't even care it broke. Screws ripped the threads clean out of the knuckle Still a firm believer in VP products, this was just from being stupid and throttle happy.

On a side note I finally hid the nasty green bars that I used on my rear cage mod. Sweet, simple black shrink wrap to match the rest of the cage.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #148
RCC Addict

Been out a lot this week putting the Pitbull's to the test. They are starting to get softer and work even better. The lines they pull and the faces they pull themselves up is amazing. The 13.5T Tekin is bringin it also. Can't seem to stay off the throttle or away from the hills. I have a video on my phone, but I haven't gotten it on to the computer yet. Also going to go pick up some VP lock outs and what ever other goodies I can find at the hobby shop. And I'm also trying to make the decision of going with the Pro4 3300kv or the Roc 412 3100kv.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #149
RCC Addict

Bought and installed the Pro4 3300 on Thursday, and I couldn't be happier with this motor. It has more wheel speed than I'll probably ever even need or use and has a ton of torque. I also finally got a set of VP lockouts. Next I think will be an aluminum front housing, rear steer with CMS and 3-link setup. Think I'm just going to run the reversing harness until I get a better 3ch radio.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #150
RCC Addict

I've been running the Pro4 and the Pits like crazy lately. The Pits work great in everything, even the snow. The Pro4 3300 is a beast. I've always had issues with motors heating up, well not this one. I drove it 3 hours straight doing some hard core crawling and lots of full throttle bashing as well. I couldn't be happier with it. I got a few pics from Thursdays outing.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #151
RCC Addict

Just put in a couple of orders this morning. 1 to VP for their floating lockers, and another for some HD gears, 38/13 and 43/13. Also ordered the RC4WD drive flange tool so I can finally put my flanges on. I'm going to see how the Axial Uni's work with the VP lockers. If I can't get the set screw to hold them then I'm just going to order the VVD's.

Last edited by crawler nut; 02-28-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 AM   #152
RCC Addict

Second bit of carnage since the Pro4 install+ crazy driving+dropping off a 12ft ledge= this

Got my VP floating lockers yesterday, now just waiting on my front gears. Also going to pic up a set of VVD's today.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #153
RCC Addict

I'm also thinking about getting the RC4WD rear centered housing since I need shafts anyways. My only question about it is, will the VP upper link truss work on it? Because I have an issue with having to have matching parts and colors.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #154
RCC Addict

Well I bit the bullet and ordered the RC4WD centered diff housing. It should be here on Monday. I had some time to install the new gears and VP floating lockers, 43/13 front and 38/13 rear. Also installed the VVD's. This set up is beef. I may have to hit the shafts with some fine sand paper where the lower link mount bolts go through the housing. I can't see it, but it feels like they are dragging a bit. Only thing I can think of is on the bolts. Either way I'm stoked I got them.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:47 AM   #155
RCC Addict

Got my RC4WD cented diff rear axle today. I got it put together and installed and it's a very nice unit. Had a small binding issue at first but I fixed that right away with a quick scrape with the razor knife. I'm very happy with the axle so far. We'll so how long the shafts last though. I may end up with a set of Ti shafts pretty quick. Another thing that's a plus with this axle is the shafts are full length and touch in the middle, so they fully engage in the VP floating lockers unlike the factory Axial shafts.

Last edited by crawler nut; 03-05-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #156
RCC Addict

3rd piece of breakage from the Pro4. I loosened the slipper a tad so this doesn't happen again.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #157
RCC Addict

I guess I'm pretty hard on my rig. If this was any other Tie Rod it would be bent 10x worse or broke. If I bent VP then it must have been a good day of crawling.

Old Tie Rod, Think it's bent much?

New Tie Rod

Also came up with a way to keep it away from the rocks a bit more, by just turning it upwards. Still doesn't interfere with the drag link or hit the chassis at full compression.

Ride height

Full compression

Tie rod, drag link clearance

Last edited by crawler nut; 03-05-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #158
RCC Addict

Finally got my drive flange tool so I could install these. I still need to figure out what I want for the rear.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Just swapped the flanges to the rear and used the hubs that came with the wheels in front for now. They look pretty good anyways, just want the ultimate scale hubs. or maybe the RC4WD flanges front and rear?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #160
I wanna be Dave

man your rig is awesome. i want that rc4wd houseing pretty bad
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/367932-my-new-wraith-progression.html
Posted By For Type Date
axial link piece This thread Refback 03-06-2013 06:50 PM

my new wraith (progression) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith Skins for m_energy's Wife's Wraith Krawler Konceptz Paint and Body 2 10-18-2011 11:29 AM