Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Where's the Beef: Titan 60s !!FINALLY COMPLETE!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #61
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Where's the Beef: Titan 60s !!FINALLY COMPLETE!!

as you may know theres some major influences at work.

making a perfect 1 to 1 copy is not a problem, enough customers paying for the cost to build it is. which after the time you spend making one of your axles im sure you can appreciate that. we could spend hours making one perfect scale one to one axle, and only sell 5 or 10 pcs.... good way to go out of business fast.

so

compatability with existing parts become actractive when possible.

compatability with a major manufactuer is important so axial is a wise choice for us.

And we dont like building total junk, we always sway towards better parts than cheaper parts...
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #62
Metal shaper

Like I've told other manufacturers through emails with their designers. Don't try and making something that only uses "your" parts. Offer empty housings that accept axial internals and shafts. The appeal just went up 100%.
As I mentioned in your vendor thread of what we would like to see, make a center chunk with interchangeable tubes so that the user can adjust width, offset or center a diff, and will use existing axial shafts form the ax-10, XR-10, and wraith. It would be a builders dream. And until we get away from all the ugly unnecessary hardware being misused, there is no point in producing a housing. Yeah they will still sale, but the die hards will keep calling me up for fully welded units or hybrid housings. Im just short on time and once I've built all the configurations possible I get bored.
Clearly I have a problem. Here's a whole pile of custom 1 of a kind housings.

And like dad always says when it comes to money, you gotta either spend it or burn it to keep warm. And damn it's already too hot here in Texas. Take my money if you dare.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #63
Metal shaper

Well I got bored with the plain looking rear axle so I whipped up a little something. It's not 100% yet but very close. Just lack tie rods. Enjoy

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #64
Metal shaper

Rear axle is done, again. Got the tie rods built and everything adjusted and buttoned up.

Have another custom set of Titan60s with custom width in process right now. Will be going under Screamin 2 built by Bulldog.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #65
RcBros Hobbies

Pretty slick! I like it!
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #66
RCC Addict

If I ever get the money, I'm going to come to you first because you were the first and still the only one making them truly scale, that right there is a awesome product in my book
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #67
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
If I ever get the money, I'm going to come to you first because you were the first and still the only one making them truly scale, that right there is a awesome product in my book
Thank you sir. Comments like that keep me buying expensive housings and chopping them up to do them "right". My next are gonna be mild compared to most of these big still more scale as usual.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Very nice!
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #69
Scale Detail Engineering

now that is cool.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #70
Rock Stacker

Those axles are sick.
meinthe73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinthe73 View Post
Those axles are sick.
You see vp's? Lol I'm pretty sure the "game" is over

Last edited by Joshs4x4toyz; 01-10-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #72
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
The Currie axles are nice, $$$, but nice. That is until you see my custom Currie axles that I'm working on. Game is never over, I'll keep raising the bar.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #73
Metal shaper

Here are pics of the narrow Titan 60 housings for bulldogs southern buggy. They have been done for a while now just never posted pics.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Sexy shit
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshs4x4toyz View Post
You ever here that slogan "Real trucks are built not bought." I'll take some one of custom work over a cookie cutter any day. Don't be hating because you don't have skills like Carter Fab.
SkinInc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Sh!t son if you only knew, keep rippin beats boy

If your so gangster then you could answer this. What company is cut into his axles all over the place. Even Clay is man enough to say he uses their parts. He's does a hell of a job making them better too. I wouldn't have come to this thread if I didn't want to see what he was up to! Haha Somtimes you nutswingers are swinging way to close to read I suppose.

D rail over Clay I hope you see through all that junk you know ill be back to see your new ones lol
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #77
Metal shaper

Everything's cool on my end. I've never hidden behind any untruths of where parts come from or make any outlandish claims of making something I'm not. Some people have talked crap about stuff but they clearly can't read when I mention other vendors parts being used. Don't know if its jealousy or immaturity. Probably a little of both weighing more on the later.
I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and y'all will keep benefiting. Wander where the interchangeable tubes and hidden link hardware came from on the new housings, let alone the actual housings themselves? Those conversations with certain manufacturers were long ago.
As for "nut swingers", I think people just get defensive because of all the BS that floats around. Definitely have to have thick skin around here, which is unfortunate.
I appreciate all the positive comments.
Thanks
Clay
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
Wonder where the interchangeable tubes and hidden link hardware came from on the new housings, let alone the actual housings themselves? Those conversations with certain manufacturers were long ago.
I'd hate to say you are wrong, but the metalhead axles had interchangable tubes before the AR60's even came out, which I am pretty sure was before VP started talking with Currie or started developing SCX10 housings. Now he's doing AR60 length axles with hidden link mounts (in development before this thread was started). Also, the rear axles don't use big bulky lockouts, just tube all the way to the hub. These were designed in response to the 3racing and integy housings that were just horrible looking.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love your work, and what you do here, it truly is top notch, and I'll be getting some of your work done here soon. I don't want you to think that I am hating or "swinging" either.
I designed the metalheads in late 2010 and the idea to use interchangeable tubes was brought up in early 2011, so I am a little biased when credit is not given where it is due. (I'm not saying I invented the idea, because it was a collaboration, but we did it first in the 1:10 world.)
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #79
Metal shaper

I'm not claiming fame to anything just that I was asked about things and those things came to light, just as several other parts being made. I know I'm not the only one consulted either.
Your Metal Head axles are really nice. I simply decided to work with the stuff that everyone runs and has aftermarket support for. Focus on turning already nice scale assemblies into better units. Makes it more appealing for the masses. No one else is offering assemblies like mine and probably won't due to the time involved and the fact that not everybody runs the same thing. Being fully welded, mine don't use any hardware unless specified. I offer offsets and widths that no one else does and custom assemblies like no other. I understand completely on the credit being given. I operated for years behind the scenes of some very important parts to the comp crawler world. I don't much care a whole lot about credit so much as appreciation for accomplishing or doing something. Which is why I went public a couple years ago and stepped out from behind the curtain.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
I'd hate to say you are wrong, but the metalhead axles had interchangable tubes before the AR60's even came out, which I am pretty sure was before VP started talking with Currie or started developing SCX10 housings. Now he's doing AR60 length axles with hidden link mounts (in development before this thread was started). Also, the rear axles don't use big bulky lockouts, just tube all the way to the hub. These were designed in response to the 3racing and integy housings that were just horrible looking.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love your work, and what you do here, it truly is top notch, and I'll be getting some of your work done here soon. I don't want you to think that I am hating or "swinging" either.
I designed the metalheads in late 2010 and the idea to use interchangeable tubes was brought up in early 2011, so I am a little biased when credit is not given where it is due. (I'm not saying I invented the idea, because it was a collaboration, but we did it first in the 1:10 world.)
A gentleman named Nick of ORCRC made "NG Custom" machined worm gear axles for scalers and comp trucks that had interchangeable tubes. You could get different widths based on the rig you were building. Low run stuff, maybe a dozen sets sold, but that was in 2006. ;)

PS: Love the work Carterfab! Simply beautiful.
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote

Where's the Beef: Titan 60s !!FINALLY COMPLETE!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can anyone ID this car? (60s?) STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 5 08-10-2011 01:41 PM
T-Rex 60s on a honcho? M109R Axial SCX-10 9 01-19-2011 10:43 AM