Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: suspension tuning questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default suspension tuning questions.

So ive been running my wraith(kit) for a while now and im becoming limited by the lack of suspension tuning options. Slow speed crawling or high speed bashing i do just fine but when crawling up a ledge or slick spot where a finger full of throttle is required(or used) my rig torque twists left(drivers side) and ends up more crossed up then it was before i got ham fisted. Now sure i could ease off the trigger but i can drive my ax10 and honcho the same way with much more success. So my question is what tuning options or mods are there to try to some what fix this issue? My wraith runs a all stock kit suspension parts,Black super soft springs with the right rear shock preload turned about halfway down and 35wt oil with the other 3 at no preload and 27.5 wt oil, motor is a titan12t on 2s geared 86/20 or 86/14 if im crawling.
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: suspension tuning questions.

Have you tried to duplicate the same (or as close to the same) suspension as your other rigs? Interesting, I've personally never heard of a 3/1 shock oil set up as you described.

Hmmmm........I guess keep making small adjustments until you find the "sweet spot".
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

The Axial underdrive (AX30402) gears should eliminate alot if not most of your torque twist.
bbking9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I run the same 30wt in all four shocks, but I put the small three hole piston in the right rear shock and with extra preload on that shock, it helped mine (I also have the super soft black springs). On flat ground it will lean to the right with a hard launch, but when climbing, I don't experience any torque twist at all. Of course I made all my own links and they are slightly different lengths than stock and different shapes. I don't know if that makes any difference or not.
dunerinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Scrounge the 3/1 shock setup is an old jugg/txt racing thing to get them to launch straight and my wraith and ax10 are setup fairly close but my ax10 has a mirrored tranny, asymetrical 4 link out back and seperated links(farther apart at the chassis or axles. depends on where im crawling.) none of which you can do on the wraith that ive figured out. Im contemplating a swaybar atleast for the rear to try and tame the twist down under power but still flex decent aswell as the underdrive gears. id still like to be able to adjust the link mounting points
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote

suspension tuning questions. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspension tuning, placement, etc...help OhioCrawler Axial XR10 7 02-28-2012 02:40 PM
suspension and tire foam tuning skid Axial Wraith 1 10-02-2011 11:51 PM
ANy tips for tuning the suspension with the stock plates? ReaperGN Kyosho Crawlers 4 04-23-2011 11:57 PM
Suspension questions Tacoma747 General Crawlers 0 11-11-2007 08:34 PM