Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Steering Wobble, shaking?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #1

Default Steering Wobble, shaking?

Hey guys, been lurking here for a while and hope to get some help...I just installed a HS-7955TG servo with a CC BEC & at high speeds I get a lot of shaking or wobble with the tires. I'm running Proline TSL Super Swampers on Axial Rockstar Beadlocks with no weight added at all. I hope you guys can help me out with this and will be greatly appreciated... Thanks
Longero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #2

Ahhh... Should've added its when I turn left or right going forward and reverse. Triple checked the mounting of the tire and hubs and everything is good.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Steering Wobble, shaking?

Stock steering links?
dunerinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #4

Nope. I have all VP drag link, tie rod, knuckles & chubs. I checked for rubbing or binding but everything is free and clear. The wobble is the same while it's on the bench on a stand to give it throttle but get the same results with wobble as if I'm in grass, cement or dirt.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #5

Thinking I may have a bent axle...guess I'll check in the morning
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Make a vid with your phone and upload to youtube. Then, post the link to the video here.
dudes here are really smart and will know by looking at it.
BELADOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELADOG View Post
Make a vid with your phone and upload to youtube. Then, post the link to the video here.
dudes here are really smart and will know by looking at it.
Sounds good. I'll do it first thing in the morning...thanks BELADOG.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

is it only when you are at or almost at full lock on steering?

if so then you are over steering your axles. i had the same problem and turned my E.P.s down a little and now it works fine
snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail78 View Post

if so then you are over steering your axles. i had the same problem and turned my E.P.s down a little and now it works fine
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about!! Wish i would've worded it like you did instead of writing a book...I'll do that when I get a chance...thanks snail78.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by snail78 View Post

Does it have universals or dog bones? If it has universals it could be from that also. It's just like a 1:1 when ya turn on high grip surfaces. If ya get the cv joints this will help but the easiest and most inexpencive way to help is turning your end points down.
TheSaundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

axial cvds, have the same problem on my wraith, over steer gives that nasty shaking.

think its the model of cvds, try a cvd that looks like ur driveshaft joints or just buy a xvd
nitrooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #12

It has the stock dogbones... I thought earlier maybe the dogbones were the problem or maybe even bent...when i get home I'm gonna set the endpoints and hopefully rids the issue. I'll let you guys know what happens. I appreciate everybody's help here, thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #13

Just an update... I messed with the endpoints and it drastically lessen the issue. There's very little wobble now and I'll mess with it some more but it was a huge improve. I thank everybody for their help. It's greatly appreciated. I may switch to some universals and see how that goes..
Old 04-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

i have the universals and still get some wobble in the steering, and yes i've limited the steering. It was worse with dogbones(even limited) and is still there with the axial universals. I have strc steering and the savox servo everyone recommends.
irollgen4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by irollgen4s View Post
i have the universals and still get some wobble in the steering, and yes i've limited the steering. It was worse with dogbones(even limited) and is still there with the axial universals. I have strc steering and the savox servo everyone recommends.
Hmm...if it was worse with dogbones with limited steering, I may still get the universals just to see a little more improvement. My LHS's have none in stock so may be a while.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longero13 View Post
Just an update... I messed with the endpoints and it drastically lessen the issue. There's very little wobble now and I'll mess with it some more but it was a huge improve. I thank everybody for their help. It's greatly appreciated. I may switch to some universals and see how that goes..

glad to hear it helped.

so you know i have the universals in my Wraith and even with them you will run into the same problems if you have your end points set to far
Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
Fan of wheelspeed

would it be better to adjust the end points or get a shorter servo arm? Mine's doing the same thing. It grabbed yesterday and twisted a front drive shaft in two.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

just adjust the E.P.s and be done with it. it will only take a few seconds and you wont have to spend $10 on a new servo horn
Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
would it be better to adjust the end points or get a shorter servo arm? Mine's doing the same thing. It grabbed yesterday and twisted a front drive shaft in two.
Hmm...good question. I'm not sure about that but one of the more knowledgeable members here may have the answer. I'm using the servo blue arm that came with the 7955tg. I had to drill a hole a bit bigger than what it had but might of drilled to big as I have a little bit of play now but not affecting the performance.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Fan of wheelspeed

I have a great servo (Savox 1256tg) and I've adjusted the ends down on it, but it will still grab and pull the wheels over enough to lock up the front end and endo. I figured with the shorter horn it would mechanically lower the end points instead of electronically limiting them with the RX/TX. I think Ill try a shorter horn to see what happens. If anyone has some input on this I'd like to hear it though. So far the issue has only cost me a drive shaft, but next time it could be worse.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote

Steering Wobble, shaking? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hitec 7950 Shaking Violently! Tommy R Electronics 9 05-10-2011 02:27 PM
AX10 tranny shaking axles bad! cdw327 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 04-07-2010 08:29 PM
HELP!! Tires shaking violently at full turn!! Vroomvroom Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 01-27-2008 05:17 PM