Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith lockers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wraith lockers

I did a search on here to see what people were saying about what lockers for the Wraith but I didn't come up with what I was looking for. The stock locker in my wraith has had it and I was looking around trying to find a new heavy duty locker and came up with a few but want to know what people are running and what they think is the best and why. If you can or would let me know where to to get them also. I found the felenfest not sure if I spelled that right some by fast lane and also another that was a no slop by somebody. Thnaks for any help and I am sure this will help others also.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wraith lockers

Hot Racing steel spools are what i"m getting for when my stockers let go.

Hot Racing Axial SCX10 Scale Truck RC Car upgrades and Hop-ups
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Try these: Highland Crawlers Axial XHD No Slop Locker (1)

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles...p-lockers.html

Or : http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...0&cat=0&page=1

All I have done with my differential is use these http://www.ghhobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=4055&cat=48 with stock locker piece and some STRC aluminum diff holders and HD 43T/13T HD gears.

Last edited by ZippoMan; 04-08-2012 at 12:11 AM.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Hot Racing steel spools are what i"m getting for when my stockers let go.

Hot Racing Axial SCX10 Scale Truck RC Car upgrades and Hop-ups
No offense but I have never had any luck with anything by HR.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
Try these: Highland Crawlers Axial XHD No Slop Locker (1)

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axles...p-lockers.html

Or : RCP*Crawlers*Stainless...

All I have done with my differential is use these Golden Horizon - High quality CNC machined aluminum RC car option, hop up parts and accessories. with stock locker piece and some STRC aluminum diff holders and HD 43T/13T HD gears.
The first ones and second ones are 2 of the ones I was looking at. I think I like the idea of the set screw and clamping thing. There is also one by fast lane machine I am looking at and would like some feedback on which one would be best in each persons opinion and why.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #6

I have the felsenfest sools in mine. no slop, bullet proof,they come with mounting hardwere, they ship pretty fast in my opinion the best
daemon_crxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon_crxu View Post
I have the felsenfest sools in mine. no slop, bullet proof,they come with mounting hardwere, they ship pretty fast in my opinion the best
I have these to and are alittle disapointed, I have loctited them with blue and they still come loose all the time. I guess I will have to try the red loctite.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

+1 on the Highland Crawler no-slop. Just got mine a couple of weeks ago, and they are nice. I got steelies with standard hardware. They say the ring gears are a MF to countersink for larger hardware.
sdtech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

The HR lockers are fine but don't give you much added weight which is what I was looking for.
The RCP version is what I went with. They probably weigh about the same as Falsenfest or Highland units. The RCP's are a tight fit even without the gasket. I removed a little plastic and they work fine.
I've never seen anyone complain that one or the other failed them.
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

So far I am thinking Highland no slops but still have another that I have heard nothing about so far. Has anybody used the Fast lane machine lockers? They appear to be basically like the felenfest lockers just made in the U.S. and a good bit cheaper. I can get them for $11 each plus shipping. I sent them a email about them to see if you have to do anything special to fit them but they advertise them to be a replacement for the ax10 so I am thinking they should be a direct replacement for the Wraith also.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Fast lane makes a fine product. I only have the Creeper locker. They are not clamping type. I had to tap the axles into the lockers and they are NOT coming out. The fit was perfect so they aren't just slopping them out.
I couldn't find any Axial in stock anywhere so if you get some please post up where.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drywallguy View Post
Fast lane makes a fine product. I only have the Creeper locker. They are not clamping type. I had to tap the axles into the lockers and they are NOT coming out. The fit was perfect so they aren't just slopping them out.
I couldn't find any Axial in stock anywhere so if you get some please post up where.
The one for the creeper isn't locking but from what I read on the ones for axial they are. It says it has a set screw to lock the axle in place.

I don't see a way to order them where I am looking at them so I guess that means they are out of stock or he makes them to order. I bet if several people sent emails about them he would make a run of them. Here is the link to them where I am looking.
http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM75100&cat=24

Last edited by craddock35; 04-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
The one for the creeper isn't locking but from what I read on the ones for axial they are. It says it has a set screw to lock the axle in place.
Yes, the Axial ones have the set screw clamping thing similar to Highlands.
The Creeper's don't but the fit is perfect. I don't see you going wrong with a Fast Lane product as far as direct replacement goes.

Fast Lane doesn't sell to the public. You need to get them from a retailer.

Last edited by drywallguy; 04-08-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: order
Old 04-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drywallguy View Post
Yes, the Axial ones have the set screw clamping thing similar to Highlands.
The Creeper's don't but the fit is perfect. I don't see you going wrong with a Fast Lane product as far as direct replacement goes.
Maybe they will answer my email tomorrow and let me know something on them. I have never even heard of them till I started looking for lockers and non of my friends have either. I also read they are suppose to be working on some front axles for the Wraith.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Highlands and he revized them and made em better!
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

The fastlanes use a 3mm setscrew. Good luck getting that to stay tight in a Wraith.

I had to use good red loctite to keep my Felsenfests tight, and they use 5mm setscrews. I have the felsenfests in two other rigs, and blue works fine in both of them.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Fastlane does NOT make their axial locker anymore.. Just went through a huge song and dance about getting a refund for the creeper lockers they sent me because the others are discontinued.. Still not sure how they thought the creeper lockers were a substitute for axial lockers.. Lol

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk
madkawi650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
All I have done with my differential is use these Golden Horizon - High quality CNC machined aluminum RC car option, hop up parts and accessories. with stock locker piece and some STRC aluminum diff holders and HD 43T/13T HD gears.
Those are pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
No offense but I have never had any luck with anything by HR.
Yes most of their stuff is pretty but low quality....LOL

Anybody know the weight of the RCP stainless steel lockers?

Last edited by Natedog; 04-09-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #19
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon_crxu View Post
This is the locker I am running and have had 0,issues whatsoever. He makes great products and I wouldn't give up my locker for anything. This would be the best and strongest by far.

I usually dont beat my rig. however.... I have broke 2 Axial uni's and have never had any problems thus far. Been running these on day one.
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Cool Re: Wraith lockers

I've gone through three diffrent AX10, two scx and now my wraith, only used the top end Axal locker on all of them. Three set all together and still kicking. It all depends on how you take care of your rig after the run. Clean it up and re lube with good red stuff and get it ready for the next run. I've spent the extra $$ on other lockers and didn't like them. That's just me. In the end take care of the gear after the run and it will take care of you! I know guys that run HR stuff and never had an issue. And I've known people that would rather use HR as paper weights. It comes down to find what you like and run it. Nothing lasts forever so have spares just in case. I like the Axial lockers, you might not but it's all about having fun with friends. So pick your parts, hope they don't break first and crawl till all the lipo's are dead. Then do it again. Don't worry about who has the newest stuff just run your rig how you like it.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote

Wraith lockers - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace Hr Lockers With Berg Lockers Yawzer General Crawlers 5 12-29-2008 10:51 PM