Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Interior mod to install Crawler Innovations front electronics tray

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Interior mod to install Crawler Innovations front electronics tray

I have had several people ask me how I did the interior mods on my Wraith to use the Crawler Innovations front electronics tray so I decide to post the process. I started with the Wraith kit but the process will work with the RTR, just a little more work to get to the interior.

1) Install battery plate using the mounting holes that are used for the radio box and ESC mounting plate.

2) Test-fit the interior and mark where the floor board meets the battery plate on both the driver and passenger sides. Next mark the top of the transmission tunnel at the back edge of the dash. See red lines that indicate approximate location.

3) Make a line connecting the marks on the floor board to the top of the transmission tunnel so that you have a line to cut on. Double check your measurements and carefully cut along the line. I used ¼ inch masking tape to make my cut line. The interior should look like this when it has been cut.

4) The Steering column needs to be shortened so that it doesn’t extend past the underside of the dash. Using a sharp pair of diagonal cutter, cut the column 1/8 of an inch from the floor side of the mount.
[IMG]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc421/k7zpj/Rubi%20Wraith%20Build/Wraith%20CI%20Battery%20Plate/IMG_0475.jpg[/IMG

5) Now assemble the modified interior. It should look something like this.

6) Install the interior and assemble the cage. There shouldn’t be any gaps between the interior and the battery plate.

Now you have room to install that 5500mah 3S Lipo and still have room left over.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Interior mod to install Crawler Innovations front electronics tray

nice write up! look at all that room
midship909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7zpj

Now you have room to install that 5500mah 3S Lipo and still have room left over.
[IMG
http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc421/k7zpj/Rubi%20Wraith%20Build/IMG_0673.jpg[/IMG]

Great to found this thread. are you sure the front of the Wraith can put 3s 5000mah battery? I am thinking in buying 3s 500mah battery for my wraith but just worried it is too big for the front???
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

This is good stuff, thank you. I am about to do something similar, albeit I will be making my own mounting plate out of CF sheet I have on order. Seeing your post helps, cheers.
kohout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Great to found this thread. are you sure the front of the Wraith can put 3s 5000mah battery? I am thinking in buying 3s 500mah battery for my wraith but just worried it is too big for the front???
It can certainly fit 5000mah 3S upfront.

I run 5000mah 3s from Venom, Duratrax and Turnigy and they all fit with room to spare.

Here is a pic of the Turnigy, which is the tallest and longest and it fits fine. The hood closes fine. The Venom and Duratrax are shorter but wider, and still fits in the slot.

*Old* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Old* View Post
It can certainly fit 5000mah 3S upfront.

I run 5000mah 3s from Venom, Duratrax and Turnigy and they all fit with room to spare.

Here is a pic of the Turnigy, which is the tallest and longest and it fits fine. The hood closes fine. The Venom and Duratrax are shorter but wider, and still fits in the slot.

]

Thank you *Old* for taking time to replied me, appreciated. It is really very helpful with the close- up picture. I have always thought it is impossible to fit the upfront of the Wraith. But now all clear.

Thank you so much *Old*
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Here is the dimensions of the battery that I am using now: 35.0mm x 46.5mm x 138mm. It is a 3S 5300 mah hard case.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote

Interior mod to install Crawler Innovations front electronics tray - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
electronics tray ax10tn Axial Wraith 2 02-26-2012 08:48 PM
Electronics Tray canadianbacon Axial SCX-10 0 12-02-2010 12:22 PM
Electronics Tray Greatscott Axial XR10 16 10-26-2010 06:49 AM
New Electronics Tray EeePee Axial AX-10 Scorpion 34 02-08-2010 07:12 PM