RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Harley's Guide to a Bulletproof Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/379686-harleys-guide-bulletproof-wraith.html)

Calderwood 09-16-2013 11:36 AM

Re: Harley's Guide to a Bulletproof Wraith

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4479801)
Just a matter of getting the new ads switched in, that's not my department.

My bls157hv is the best servo I have ever had. What is the replacement?

Harley 09-16-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigels_world (Post 4480001)
My bls157hv is the best servo I have ever had. What is the replacement?

BLS172SV

Basically the same servo with SBus technology. Since it was originally made for air applications those guys have been screaming for that upgrade. I've asked about keeping the 152 around but I wouldn't count on that happening since the crawler market is very small and the portion of that market using high end servos is even smaller.

hpiguy 09-17-2013 03:40 PM

Well, I have a wraith on the way. Looks like I need to throw away 85% of it, and replace it with a blank check. :D JK, I'll upgrade as it breaks, nice upgrade guide.

Pabust 09-21-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBrAce (Post 4466445)
how would you go about bulletproofing an ax2 transmission?? searched for it and not finding much information at all. access to parts in australia is tough so kind of want to get it right from the start. :-)

My experience, i broke the stock rear output shaft on my AX2, so i replaced it with the HD upgrade. The next thing i broke was the rear Axial HD pinion of my axle, so i believe that the HD shaft works pretty well until now

cjanderson3 09-22-2013 08:26 AM

Can anybody tell me what part# 56t 32p robinson spur gear will work on the wraith? I have a rx8/4600 laying around just begging to find a home in my wraith:shock: I'm assuming the 32p would be ok!?!?! Or maybe a mod1 spur? would make more sence since I have all mod1 pinions

Thanks for any info guys;-)

gbean 09-22-2013 09:02 AM

I used a Traxxas 56T 32p spur. It ha held up great.

cjanderson3 09-22-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbean (Post 4486651)
I used a Traxxas 56T 32p spur. It ha held up great.

The robinson spur for a traxxas or a traxxas plastic spur??? Do you have any part #'s or what traxxas model was it for? Thanks for the info!

allanon1965 09-22-2013 03:27 PM

I got mine from super shafty, but their website wont open for me now, here is the same thing from tower hobbies

TowerHobbies.com | Robinson Racing Slipper Unit GEN3 56T Slash

gbean 09-22-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjanderson3 (Post 4487001)
The robinson spur for a traxxas or a traxxas plastic spur??? Do you have any part #'s or what traxxas model was it for? Thanks for the info!

I used a traxxas brand 56t spur for a slash.

cjanderson3 09-22-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbean (Post 4487071)
I used a traxxas brand 56t spur for a slash.

Sorry for all the noob. questions!:oops: Does the slash spur bolt up the the wraith slipper or do you have to use all the traxxas stuff? What motor/speedo are you running with that spur? And did you do anything else to the trans? Thanks again!!!

gbean 09-22-2013 06:11 PM

You can use the existing slipper and hardware.

MBrAce 09-30-2013 09:06 PM

thanks pabust... having access to this forum is great

2Crawl 10-01-2013 07:32 AM

Harley and others that have spent the time to write these stickies, thank you.

These are a great resource for people. I am in the planning process of my upcoming Axial Wraith kit build. So in reading these stickers I couldn't help but wonder why so many upgrades recommended. I mean I get it to make the vehicle better, stronger and more responsive.

Some questions;

Is some of these just cosmetic?

Why so many upgrade needed to make the Axial Wraith kit better?

My thought is the kit is a good kit made to build and run. The cost effectiveness to do this is to make it affordable. Probably answered my own question.

Tmaxxed 10-01-2013 08:45 AM

These aren't nessary upgrades. This is a guide to make the wraith bulletproof. If you want to run a powerful brushless motor you will need these upgrades, otherwise a lot of them aren't needed.

Harley 10-01-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Crawl (Post 4496974)
Harley and others that have spent the time to write these stickies, thank you.

These are a great resource for people. I am in the planning process of my upcoming Axial Wraith kit build. So in reading these stickers I couldn't help but wonder why so many upgrades recommended. I mean I get it to make the vehicle better, stronger and more responsive.

Some questions;

Is some of these just cosmetic?

Why so many upgrade needed to make the Axial Wraith kit better?

My thought is the kit is a good kit made to build and run. The cost effectiveness to do this is to make it affordable. Probably answered my own question.

Like was said above, these are not upgrades you need to do if you are a casual RC guy. These are just suggestions if you plan on running a power plant in the truck that it was never initially designed for and then plan to push the truck to it's limits after that.

gbean 10-01-2013 09:32 AM

Harley do you still recommend hot racing lockers?

Harley 10-01-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbean (Post 4497123)
Harley do you still recommend hot racing lockers?

I could probably list 10 options there now. We just didn't have many decent options when I wrote that post. I'll have to update it with a few good options that are now available. The HR are still good for the money, but I don't run them any longer.

slimfire 10-02-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4497206)
I could probably list 10 options there now. We just didn't have many decent options when I wrote that post. I'll have to update it with a few good options that are now available. The HR are still good for the money, but I don't run them any longer.

Please let us know the other better options!

Thanks a lot!

- slim -

Calderwood 10-02-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimfire (Post 4498076)
Please let us know the other better options!

Thanks a lot!

- slim -

Grip fab and locked up would be my first choices.

slimfire 10-02-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigels_world (Post 4498078)
Grip fab and locked up would be my first choices.

thanks, I expected that..!

I guess VP will be also in the list!