RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Harley's Guide to a Bulletproof Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/379686-harleys-guide-bulletproof-wraith.html)

Duxx 09-04-2012 07:47 PM

Re: Harley's Guide to a Bulletproof Wraith

Just installed RRP gears in the tranny. Any other shaft options for fitting the RRP slash slipper plate to back plate?

JLOC 09-04-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjektONE (Post 3890501)
Supershafty has been out of stock for some time now! :x

I have been checking everyday for a few weeks to try and get one....Anyone know whats up?

Anyone have one they want to sell?

Duxx 09-05-2012 08:58 AM

I ended up just using the stock shaft and slipper spring. Only running a brushed HH 16t so we'll see if it's detrimental or not.

K.Hess 09-05-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloyota (Post 3890186)
im still running the wraith transmission with metal gears,just put in the RRP one piece output shaft and broke it less than two battery's.at the cross pin on the rear driveshaft.i got an AX-10 trans i'll be puttting in when i get the longer output shafts.

i was running a traxxaxs venelion with MMP.drag brake at 80%,everything else on the stock setting.now im running the Tekin 3300kv 4 pole motor..need to know what tweaks you did to the MMP ESC to make it crawl better,mine still kinda coggs a little,not much.but trying to get it a little smoother.

thanks.sloyota

from what I have picked up. the reason you have a coging issue is due to not having a sensored motor. sensor less run great and more efficient wide open, yet do not like low rpm's.

how that was helpful

ESC 09-16-2012 07:26 PM

I never consider that to build a perfect durable strong and powerful wraith I was going to need 1500 dollars :ror: with that money you can even buy a 5th scale:lmao:

Harley 09-16-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESC (Post 3919864)
I never consider that to build a perfect durable strong and powerful wraith I was going to need 1500 dollars :ror: with that money you can even buy a 5th scale:lmao:

But the bill for a durable 5th scale is going to be a whole lot for then $1500. :mrgreen:

Plyfold 09-24-2012 03:35 PM

Hi, in order to keep it simple (as I'm ordering from the uk) I think I'll going to plump for the assembled complete bomb proof trans from supershafty:
Complete Bomb Proof Trans - Super Shafty
Can anyone confirm whether this will attach directly to the MIP drive shaft
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/mip-spl...st-p-3957.html
or whether I need other bits?
My wraith is currently stock (kit) with only steering link upgrade at the moment, I've decided to upgrade from the inside out, however, the motor will be my last upgrade (unless I kill it)
Thanks in advance

Harley 09-24-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plyfold (Post 3932376)
Hi, in order to keep it simple (as I'm ordering from the uk) I think I'll going to plump for the assembled complete bomb proof trans from supershafty:
Complete Bomb Proof Trans - Super Shafty
Can anyone confirm whether this will attach directly to the MIP drive shaft
https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/mip-spl...st-p-3957.html
or whether I need other bits?
My wraith is currently stock (kit) with only steering link upgrade at the moment, I've decided to upgrade from the inside out, however, the motor will be my last upgrade (unless I kill it)
Thanks in advance

You will need to get 6mm outputs for your MIP's.

mudn_1 09-24-2012 05:55 PM

I just picked up a rc4wd centered diff.... and my stinkin' vp lockouts don't want to go on... this is my first metal axle, so maybe they need to be persuaded a bit, but I'm not positive... do you have any experience with this?

Harley 09-24-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudn_1 (Post 3932572)
I just picked up a rc4wd centered diff.... and my stinkin' vp lockouts don't want to go on... this is my first metal axle, so maybe they need to be persuaded a bit, but I'm not positive... do you have any experience with this?

On the RC4WD housings I had in the past they forced you to use their lockouts by not fully machining the case. I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

I'm guessing you could tell if they looked that much different though. They may just take a tap with a rubber mallet or something.

mudn_1 09-25-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 3933227)
On the RC4WD housings I had in the past they forced you to use their lockouts by not fully machining the case. I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

I'm guessing you could tell if they looked that much different though. They may just take a tap with a rubber mallet or something.

well of course the housing didn't come with any, and In the pics on their website it looks like stock plastic, I'm not sure rc4wd makes the lockouts...I might tap it on a bit and see if it works..

gbean 09-25-2012 03:31 PM

I wanted to get a wraith as a step up from my custom micro crawler,
and this thread just scared me a good bit... :shock:

SwampDawg 09-25-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbean (Post 3934008)

why does it scare you a bit?
the wraith is a wicked platform for just about anything you can imagine!

FOFF, Rockracer, Crawler, Trail, etc "thumbsup"
every RC has some weak points but thats why we have VP or STRC,etc....to bulletproof our rigs! ;-)

Harley 09-25-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbean (Post 3934008)

This thread is more about what to do if you want to build the Wraith to hold power that it was never intended to have. Don't let it scare you, most of it is completely unneeded for the general basher/scaler.

gbean 09-25-2012 04:02 PM

Yeah I can see what you're saying.
So bone stock with a 2S lipo and some aluminum c-hubs and knuckles and I should be ok....
I am thinking I may just go ahead and do this. Tower Hobbies has a $45 off $350+ order right now too....

I am also looking at getting a used one with upgrades already started.

SwampDawg 09-25-2012 04:18 PM

if you can find a wraith with upgrades on it...i say do it!!
you wont regret it

Harley 09-25-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbean (Post 3934076)
Yeah I can see what you're saying.
So bone stock with a 2S lipo and some aluminum c-hubs and knuckles and I should be ok....
I am thinking I may just go ahead and do this. Tower Hobbies has a $45 off $350+ order right now too....

I am also looking at getting a used one with upgrades already started.

The beginners guide is a good starting point. There plenty of simple mods that will really transform the Wraith.

cmahon 10-11-2012 12:23 PM

is there a reason you listed two diffetent gear sets for the front and read axle in your links?

Harley 10-11-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmahon (Post 3959521)
is there a reason you listed two diffetent gear sets for the front and read axle in your links?

Just options really. You can do HD up front and underdrive rear or underdrive both or HD in both... etc.

Duxx 10-24-2012 02:22 PM

Are there any other options for a top shaft to be able to run the gen3 slipper? The supershafty has been out of stock forever now.