Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith Anti-Sway Bars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial Wraith Anti-Sway Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
You installed front and back ones?
No....only the front.

Typically, most rear sway bars are thinner and arent as necessary as the front, so I figured I'd give the front a shot first and see how I liked it.

BTW, here's an installed picture:

I am pretty happy with this setup....the only thing that I dont like about the anti-sway bar is how far out it sticks from the lower part of the bumper. We'll see if it sees any damage from that or not...

Also, it's not very clear how to tell which bar is stiff, medium and soft. By looking at the three, there is one with no indention in the middle of the bar, one with an indention and one with a larger indention.....I believe these are firm, medium and soft in that order.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #22
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged86 View Post
I have the VP CMS kit and the HR sway bars and saw a huge difference in handling. If the Axisl ones had been out when I got the HR ones I would have bought those instead. I really havnt had s bit of problems the HR ones though to be honest.

ditto
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Could someone who has any of the brands mentioned, measure the width of sway bar.
I have wraith axles under a SCX10 chassis and am thinking it could benefit from these. I know I am going to have to mod the frame or make up some brackets for it to work properly, but want to make sure the width is correct. Don't want to have to cut down a brand new sway bar. Thank you.

Last edited by bigstu; 05-30-2012 at 02:03 PM.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
No....only the front.

Typically, most rear sway bars are thinner and arent as necessary as the front, so I figured I'd give the front a shot first and see how I liked it.

BTW, here's an installed picture:

I am pretty happy with this setup....the only thing that I dont like about the anti-sway bar is how far out it sticks from the lower part of the bumper. We'll see if it sees any damage from that or not...

Also, it's not very clear how to tell which bar is stiff, medium and soft. By looking at the three, there is one with no indention in the middle of the bar, one with an indention and one with a larger indention.....I believe these are firm, medium and soft in that order.
Thats probably why you can lift the front wheel up and the rear flex because you don't have a sway bar for the rear. I have them front to back on the softest bar. The bar with the longest notch is the softest (less material, less strength, more flex) and as the notch gets smaller the bar gets stiffer.
Looks good though!!!
bagged86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thats probably why you can lift the front wheel up and the rear flex because you don't have a sway bar for the rear. I have them front to back on the softest bar. The bar with the longest notch is the softest (less material, less strength, more flex) and as the notch gets smaller the bar gets stiffer.
Looks good though!!!
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I figured....would have been nice if they were labeled though.

And yeah, that's pretty much the setup I run on my 1:1 as well......AntiRock up front and the stock, puny, useless anti-sway bar in the rear.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, that's what I figured....would have been nice if they were labeled though.

And yeah, that's pretty much the setup I run on my 1:1 as well......AntiRock up front and the stock, puny, useless anti-sway bar in the rear.
Yeah the HR ones aren't labeled either I do like the axial ones the don't say there name down the entire arm lol but I am impressed with there function since especially my rig being all metal and more top heavy.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah the HR ones aren't labeled either I do like the axial ones the don't say there name down the entire arm lol but I am impressed with there function since especially my rig being all metal and more top heavy.
After my last bad experience with Hot Racing (zero response from customer service after an apparent manufacturing defect), I try very hard to minimize my purchases from them. I guess their customer service would have been better if my e-mail was written in Chinese...
Old 05-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I agree too. My Wraith is mostly stock, but has a fast motor that crawls well.....so I figured a front kit would be nice.
Just the front
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Seems like it would still be better to have no swaybar up front to maximize articulation. Maybe since you have these, though, you can fab up some quick disconnects, similar to the TeraFlex ones on a TJ with the pin that installs in the frame.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Nah. I think you guys are still trying to think of this like a street vehicle's sway bar....and that is not the intention of this. This product is more like an Anti-Rock that is meant to be left in tact when wheeling.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Nah. I think you guys are still trying to think of this like a street vehicle's sway bar....and that is not the intention of this. This product is more like an Anti-Rock that is meant to be left in tact when wheeling.
I know what tha Currie Anti-Rock does, but how does it really benefit a rig on rough terrain when articulation is necessary? I can understand at speed on rutted-out roads, etc., but in the rocks, it seems like you'd want all the travel you could get. How does a soft swaybar (or the Anti-Rock on a 1:1) really benefit off-road?
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
After my last bad experience with Hot Racing (zero response from customer service after an apparent manufacturing defect), I try very hard to minimize my purchases from them. I guess their customer service would have been better if my e-mail was written in Chinese...
This is true of course now all I have from HR is there sway bars. I'll probably get the Axial ones later down the road though just for my peace of mind and name lol let me know if you end up getting the rear one to and see how it performs with both.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
but in the rocks, it seems like you'd want all the travel you could get.
Then why not disconnect/remove your shocks?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This is true of course now all I have from HR is there sway bars. I'll probably get the Axial ones later down the road though just for my peace of mind and name lol let me know if you end up getting the rear one to and see how it performs with both.
Will do.....but I doubt I'll get the rear, unless it comes with a MUCH softer center bar.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Then why not disconnect/remove your shocks?

I will have to try that. What a good idea. You are so SMRT!

winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well, I installed the softest bar that came with the Axial kit and it doesn't seem to have much effect on the articulation. If you pick the front tire of the truck up, it will bottom out the shock before the opposing rear tire comes off the ground. I also notice that it's a lot more stable during high speed cornering.
This is sounding pretty good Like to hear more after you have a chance to get some rock time on it. Thanks
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertec View Post
This is sounding pretty good Like to hear more after you have a chance to get some rock time on it. Thanks
I'm running a G6 this weekend at our club's final comp of the season....
Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm running a G6 this weekend at our club's final comp of the season....
That will do it for sure!

Been down your way alot this year going to MD Anderson with my GF and with the care she is getting there that you cant get anywhere around here or really anywhere else...I'm just blown away
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Good deal! Yeah, that place is overwhelming at first, but they provide top notch care.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
I know what tha Currie Anti-Rock does, but how does it really benefit a rig on rough terrain when articulation is necessary? I can understand at speed on rutted-out roads, etc., but in the rocks, it seems like you'd want all the travel you could get. How does a soft swaybar (or the Anti-Rock on a 1:1) really benefit off-road?
It supplies traction while articulating by applying pressure to the wheels that do not have weight on them in off camber or crawling situations. I ran one on my 1:1 and it made a world of difference crawling versus a suspension that is loose and super articulated.
322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial Wraith Anti-Sway Bars - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sway Bars Optiskate Axial SCX-10 13 03-03-2012 11:03 PM
HR sway bars for wraith F/R ROLANDROCKSHOP Axial Wraith 34 11-20-2011 10:48 AM
Sway Bars Slowsteve Axial Wraith 8 08-22-2011 11:59 AM
anti sway bars? terrible Axial SCX-10 0 04-16-2010 04:27 PM
TXT Sway bars Jeephead Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 6 01-16-2010 09:07 AM