RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   What did you do to your Wraith today? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/390489-what-did-you-do-your-wraith-today.html)

AR Fabrication 06-26-2012 08:23 PM

What did you do to your Wraith today?

Post up what you've done to your Wraith! I've had threads like this in car forums and they are fun to read. The rules are simple if you've done anything to your Wraith from a complete tear down to a wipe down, share it with us!

I'll start, my axle bearings have been squeeling like a pig so I tore them down and cleaned the bearings. Next step I will be trying some bicycle grease to keep them happy.

frdtrkguy 06-26-2012 08:32 PM

Re: What did you do to your Wraith today?

I built a front bumper.. Workin on the thread now 8)

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...per-build.html

JustinM 06-26-2012 09:09 PM

Just tighten all screws and drove the piss out of it until the front drive shaft flew apart, them had some 2wd fun!

captain kirk 06-26-2012 09:14 PM

today i installed an open front diff with clay inside instead of diff fluid, and installed a savox sa 1230 servo ( has 500oz in. of torque)

Postclanker 06-26-2012 09:18 PM

Took a dunk last Saturday.....been sitting in rice since then...wasn't waterproofed :cry:

BioWheel 06-26-2012 09:28 PM

I drove mine all over the place. Even found a large construction site and worked it for at least an hour. Awesome and didn't hurt that it was in the 80's today. Love my Wraith.

Grichardson152 06-26-2012 09:32 PM

Tripped over it on the floor because that's where its sitting waiting on replacement parts :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

pedlhed 06-26-2012 10:29 PM

Picked up a new servo horn for it. Might decide to go ahead and install it yet tonight. Also got some advice from Harley on what direction to go replacing the lockers, so tomorrow I'll order those up and that will be enough attention to pacify it for a few days.

sixhundred71 06-26-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedlhed (Post 3797056)
Also got some advice from Harley on what direction to go replacing the lockers

HR Lockers huh?
I followed his lead as well and they are pretty well made as opposed to their other stuff.

Oh, Put some new CAC Aluminum wheels on.
:badger:

Hards1.6 06-26-2012 10:48 PM

Experimented with larger tires . Didn`t care for it`s drivability , Nothing that a bunch of money and time couldn`t take care of ,but NAH , just play with it till it breaks.
I`ve had these kind of threads on some Jeep sites , Interesting at times .
At least the Wraith threads are busy..

Randyzzz 06-27-2012 12:17 AM

Installed a set of Mayhem Monster beadlocks...

Badboy_207 06-27-2012 12:56 AM

Painted more on my driver and installed the Axial ESC in it!
Testing tomorrow!

Badboy

AR Fabrication 06-27-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randyzzz (Post 3797176)
Installed a set of Mayhem Monster beadlocks...

Which Monsters did you get? I ordered 1" wide deep face with .450 hubs in all machine finish, can't wait to get them.

Boostmeister 06-27-2012 02:25 AM

Re-attached the roof AGAIN after almost completing my battery move to the front, also tried to correct the tow in issue I have at the moment.

savagebeast 06-27-2012 04:12 AM

got my winch working monday, got my new axles built, mounted a lil speaker in the back w some lexan w working amp and hookup for the Ipod (trail tunes) re mounted my esc in the rear and put 2 mini fans above it to cool it on my HILL ROMPS, picked my new servo up from the post office, re blacked the body pannles while I painted the lexan stuff I made for mounting everything, now I'm working on wheel wells for that real look. not enough time in the day!

trialbuyfire 06-27-2012 07:19 AM

The basketball coach Done kicked me off the team!
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...e/100_0402.jpg

forbnmad1 06-27-2012 09:02 AM

i played with scissors:lmao:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...8/P6280001.jpg

Randyzzz 06-27-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR Fabrication (Post 3797209)
Which Monsters did you get? I ordered 1" wide deep face with .450 hubs in all machine finish, can't wait to get them.

Same as trialbuyfire posted above. 1.25 deep with .450 spacers. Running stock soft Ripsaws. I got the shallow wheels first but they barely rubbed on the front tie rod ends. I like the looks of the deeper ones better anyways.

Tonysmini 06-27-2012 10:34 AM

Thrashed it with different wheel and tyre sets to establish which ones to use as and when.

RTR Ripsaws on lightly weighted AX10 Beadlocks, very good and grippy, suits dry and dusty forest and trail runs
Proline Super Swampets on 3oz/1.5oz weighted Proline beadlocks, soft, squishy and perfect for the rockier areas.
Losi crawler wheels and tyres unweighted, my general thrash around the gravel car park wheels.

Sh0rtBus 06-27-2012 10:56 AM

Soldered leads to an Integy Pro V11 35T motor that I will install in it this evening with a 32p 58/13 gear combo. I'll pull the body panels off this evening too, as I have an idea for a sort of wrap for them that I'll do tomorrow. Haven't seen it done yet, so it should be interesting. Reflective flourescent yellow.