Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #221
PapaGriz Yo

Default Re: W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
Hate to admit it, got the rears mounted right now and like the width on them. Really helps offset the height. I'm not gonna give you the pleasure of saying I love them though but they may be staying on here.
All I'm gonna say is I'm glad you found something that will do for now. I love the look of the IROKs, RC4WD really nailed it with those tires.

Quote:
I still want my scale 5.5-5.625 though.
I pray to 8lbs 6oz baby Jesus every night for Bias TSLs
I run IROKs on my 1:1 and love them, I've waited a long time for a 49" IROK for Guido so I understand your want for the TSL's. Maybe tiny infant Jesus will deliver for you.
Quote:
Thinking something simple and mild like this.

I like the simple look of the stripes. I agree with you matching all the blue. For die cut decals talk to some of the paint guys.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #222
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
All I'm gonna say is I'm glad you found something that will do for now. I love the look of the IROKs, RC4WD really nailed it with those tires.

I run IROKs on my 1:1 and love them, I've waited a long time for a 49" IROK for Guido so I understand your want for the TSL's. Maybe tiny infant Jesus will deliver for you.

I like the simple look of the stripes. I agree with you matching all the blue. For die cut decals talk to some of the paint guys.
I'll know once I run it if they will stay. They are hands down the most scale tire produced even with the new pit bulls coming. These have all the sidewall lettering and even the dang wear strips in between the tread.
Ive never had good luck with iroks 1:1. They don't hook up for crap wet here. I run old school MTRs or bias TSLs.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #223
I wanna be Dave

Darken the blue on the panels and I see you got some tubed out sexiness right there Sir!
Now with the panels all done up your making me want to build a copycat. It really comes together as a whole package.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #224
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Darken the blue on the panels and I see you got some tubed out sexiness right there Sir!
Now with the panels all done up your making me want to build a copycat. It really comes together as a whole package.
The blue matches the anodized parts on the shocks perfectly. Might just run the chassis silver. That's the very last thing to do though so I got time to stew over it.
I strongly encourage you to not copy me. If you decide to build one similar, do not copy the windshield bars and front half of the roof. That's my thing that I put on all my rigs. I'm not a fan of owning something someone else does and that would require me to get rid of this truck. And I don't want to.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Glad you got the tires and that you like them so much! They are very scale looking detailed tires. Looks like you washed them too . Rig looks GREAT with the blue graphics. I think I'll build one exactly like it too.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #226
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Ive never had good luck with iroks 1:1. They don't hook up for crap wet here. I run old school MTRs or bias TSLs.
They work amazing in the deep snow here and work very well on the rocks. About the best year round tire I've seen for Colorado and Wyoming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Glad you got the tires and that you like them so much! They are very scale looking detailed tires. Looks like you washed them too . Rig looks GREAT with the blue graphics. I think I'll build one exactly like it too.
Wait till you guys see the new CFM inspired windshield on Guido. I'm almost done.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #227
Metal shaper

Quote:

Wait till you guys see the new CFM inspired windshield on Guido. I'm almost done.

You better not!!! Better be using that term inspired loosely.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #228
I wanna be Dave

I don't get it.......
Old 09-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #229
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I strongly encourage you to not copy me. If you decide to build one similar, do not copy the windshield bars and front half of the roof. That's my thing that I put on all my rigs. I'm not a fan of owning something someone else does and that would require me to get rid of this truck. And I don't want to.
You better not!!! Better be using that term inspired loosely.

seriously? thats a little strange...
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #230
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
seriously? thats a little strange...
Grizz and I are just being smart asses.

But I really don't want someone using that part of the cage. Cant stop anyone but like a little individuality. I'm all for someone building another clone of the W.O.D. chassis, and that's the reason I changed the cage on mine, and to just show my favorite cage Adam ever built.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #231
Rock Crawler

Your rig is sweet dude also i sent you a pm
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #232
Metal shaper

Wife bought me a 10x16 building for my birthday and I'm finally getting moved in. Beats the heck out of sharing the 10x10 room in the house I was working out of, that I had maybe 50sq ft of. Now just need to get a couple machines and finish moving.

Been working on it for the past couple weeks, it was just a shell so I had to wire it, finish out the interior, and build my countertops. The white is dry erase friendly, won't be needing any scratch paper anymore, haha! Will also provide a nice area to take pictures.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #233
WOOPOOW!!

Wow! What a great wife you have sir! Awesome looking place and such a great looking rig. You know I love your axles, but the entre rig is sick. Adams rigs are awesome, I love my version of the blower buggy.

Not gonna lie, I was thrown off by the smartassery as well
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #234
Metal shaper

Like text messages, sarcasm doesn't translate and I don't understand all those silly smiley face thingies. I really don't care if someone were to clone something I made. And isn't imitation the highest form of flattery.

The wife definitely kicks ass. But she benefits highly from the space also. She works from home mostly and she was cramped up in the office.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #235
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Grizz and I are just being smart asses.

I'm loving the new work area Clay. Great idea on the dry erase countertops.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #236
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Like text messages, sarcasm doesn't translate and I don't understand all those silly smiley face thingies. I really don't care if someone were to clone something I made. And isn't imitation the highest form of flattery.

That was my point in making the comment. But those windshield bars have been used on who knows how many 1:1s.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #237
Metal shaper

Quote:

I'm loving the new work area Clay. Great idea on the dry erase countertops.
Me too but the Vicodin isn't kicking in quick enough tonight. Doing it all by myself is a beating. The countertops are really nice and cheap. It's hardboard that has a hard gloss finish. Think a 4x8 sheet was $12.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #238
I wanna be Dave

The man barn looks great, the benches look great...I love the air conditioner! Now, can I get a shot of my axles in the machine shop?
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #239
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
The man barn looks great, the benches look great...I love the air conditioner! Now, can I get a shot of my axles in the machine shop?
Thanks.
I'm hopefully gonna be in the shop tomorrow. Just depends on if I'm still on kid duty. Wife's grandfather got admitted to ICU this morning.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #240
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks.
I'm hopefully gonna be in the shop tomorrow. Just depends on if I'm still on kid duty. Wife's grandfather got admitted to ICU this morning.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose
Thoughts and prayers, buddy.
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote

W.O.D. inspired family 4 seater buggy, "Southern Comfort" by CFM - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Southern Comfort" by CFM CarterFab Axial Wraith 687 08-13-2014 06:28 AM
"riddler" southern buggy build ROLANDROCKSHOP Axial Wraith 147 10-25-2013 01:54 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM
mg200 southern buggy build "HEADCASE" ROLANDROCKSHOP Axial Wraith 187 03-04-2012 06:35 PM