Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Dlux Wraith Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dlux Wraith Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Because they needed the size increase of just piece of mind?
I guess so. That sounded like a PITA, so I ordered the regular hardware HLC lockers.

Seriously though, when I built that front diff, I used plenty of loctite on those little screws. When I pulled it apart the other day, they were all loose. Not backed out too bad, but loose.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #82
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Crawlerdad was having downhill issues, so he put a suckdown servo winch back and i believe he is real happy with it. Might solve any issues and not be as heavy as rear steer.
Sounds like a great idea, but what would I do about turning the rear tires after I took off all the rear steer components

I am really digging the rear steer at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
You're welcome, somehow I missed your build thread until today lol.
No worries. It seems posts are easy to miss in this forum, things move fast! i am used to the Berg section where posts can hang out for a week or so on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Seriously though, when I built that front diff, I used plenty of loctite on those little screws. When I pulled it apart the other day, they were all loose. Not backed out too bad, but loose.
What color loctite?

I was actually going to ask if people thought the failure would be from the screws backing out, figured people either would not know or would not want to admit.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

I only have blue or red....so it was one of those. I really cant see myself using the red though...
Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #84
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Whats up with the lack of commitment?

I never use blue.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Mine werent loose, the locker partially spun and the screws gave the rest. Im pretty hard on my sporty so I figured it was a good idea. Ill take the dnf next time lol

Granted all the breakage I used to get was from that damn puller motor. She drove thru parts at 1/4 throttle
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Old 07-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I never use blue.
LOL...a little mapp gas torch to warm it but not enough to change metal hardness will loosen the red.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #88
Wanna get? Gotta want.

The plastic locker spun or the cast locker?

That pulller was pretty sick eh? Think its got more power and high end then brushless? I have never been around one.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Idk never ran brushless in my old shafties, only big outrunners, brushed and that puller. I would say it seemed stronger then the big hyperion outrunners but way smoother. I still have it, not sure what to put it in though
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #90

Great thread, as I've read through a few of them in my first week here.

Can you explain this whole locker design? Yours looks so straighforward I can't understand why the stock one looks like a regular gear diff filled with a metal "cross" slug of metal to hold drive the two axle shafts. Since I don't have an axial yet I'm just guessing from the posted pictures of the failed stock units.

A few post back you also had sand paddles mounted on your wheels, which required huge spacers to work. Also not familar with your products, wouldn't you just rather make up a set with the correct back spacing?

Keep up the posts, I like the milled, drilled and turned parts.
runs_wscissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #91
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runs_wscissors View Post
Great thread, as I've read through a few of them in my first week here.

Can you explain this whole locker design? Yours looks so straighforward I can't understand why the stock one looks like a regular gear diff filled with a metal "cross" slug of metal to hold drive the two axle shafts. Since I don't have an axial yet I'm just guessing from the posted pictures of the failed stock units.

A few post back you also had sand paddles mounted on your wheels, which required huge spacers to work. Also not familar with your products, wouldn't you just rather make up a set with the correct back spacing?

Keep up the posts, I like the milled, drilled and turned parts.
I am not sure why they make the locker like they do. IMO, I like straight forward and simple. They have been holding up great.

The only other way to make my wheels with the "correct backspacing" would be to flip the wheel around and put the face on the back. The wheel would need to have an extreme negative backspace. Doing it the way I did makes the wheel stronger and I also dont like the look of an extreme negative backspace wheel and it also would allow a ton of dirt/sand inside.

On another note,... I am considering selling this car off. I think I may have been looking for something more along the lines of a Revo? I cant stand owning cars that just sit on the shelf.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

"I'll give you two cheerios and a fiver"
Most are prob to young to remember that.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #93
RCC Addict

I believe they make the lockers like that so that they can use the same spider gear carriers as they use in the open diffs, thus saving money since axial uses them on multiple rigs. Ive also used hpi nitro rs4 carriers and they fail when the little pins on the axial iron cross locker fail.

A word on the maxx shafts, I run them on my pig of a wraith, 14t puller on 6s lipo.They will hold up just fine.

I don't remember the part numbers but one of the maxx yokes has a smaller hole in it, it was for the tranny outputs on the tmaxx iirc. Then all u gotta do is drill them out to fit.

DONT SELL IT. DRIVE IT!!!
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I was lucky and got my driveshafts the night before our Ultra 4 comp. I was sweating using the stock shafts!

I went for the Junfac shafts. I think the MIP may be better quality and be a bit more durable but they weigh a TON. I remember when I switched from the MIP to Junfac when I ran my Losi that I lost quite a bit of weight and its rotating weight none the less.

I opted for the longest set that Junfac had (120mm-155mm) since I read on here that the ones that are intended for Wraiths did not have much engagement. I figured I could shorten the longer ones if needed. Come to find out, I think I would have been just fine with what they suggest.

Here are some comparasion pics of the 120mm-155mm shafts against the stock long Wraith shafts.

Fully compressed

Fully extended

Hallo
I am just about to order new driveshafts, and am actually down to MIP vs. Junfac

What do you suggest? MIP or Junfac120-155? Or JF standard length for wraith?

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Awesome build, my wraith is heavier than Roseanne bar at a free pie eating contest ! I need to put her on a diet. I think that I may drill my stock seats out see if I can make em light. Thanks for the inspiration!
Jeepfixer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #96
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimfire View Post
Hallo
I am just about to order new driveshafts, and am actually down to MIP vs. Junfac

What do you suggest? MIP or Junfac120-155? Or JF standard length for wraith?

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Since I didnt order the 120-155 Junfac I cannot say for sure but I think that is the one I would went with. I got the longer ones in fear that they would be too short but the ones I got ended up being too long.

I ran the MIP and Junfac in my Losi comp crawler. I liked the Junfac so much better that it made my decision easy for this build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepfixer1 View Post
Awesome build, my wraith is heavier than Roseanne bar at a free pie eating contest ! I need to put her on a diet. I think that I may drill my stock seats out see if I can make em light. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks!

Dlux Wraith Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dlux Berg Build Erik D_lux EnRoute Berg 1696 05-22-2018 10:10 PM
DLUX super build Erik D_lux Superclass Crawlers 578 07-20-2016 09:13 AM
My First build the wraith redneckrampage Axial Wraith 5 04-18-2012 09:44 PM
Dlux mini build Erik D_lux Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 92 09-22-2011 05:28 PM