Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: coming back to crawlin....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default coming back to crawlin....

In order to get out of the house occasionally and to keep myself from going madder from boredom (no no, I love being the stay at home dad, honest), I'm hoping to start a Wraith build sometime in the near future.
I'm still at the parts list stage, doing my research and what-not. I have done this before and yes I do know what the search button is for so I'll limit myself to what I cannot find out myself......
The HR knuckles....STOP LAUGHING.......are they worth a pinch of poop??? I know everyone will say "go Vanquish", but the $$ difference is hard to pass up, $26 p/set vs $50+ p/set. I plan to put those extra funds into other areas of the build later on.
Most of the other stuff I can work out for myself, but there is not much mention anywhere of HR knuckles, any help/opinions appreciated......
slowlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The HR arms have held up fine for me and I beat the hell out of this thing. I had to move the steering arm from the top side of the knuckle to underneath to clear my wheels. (SLWs with .475 hubs).
Hobine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I would get the ST Racing Concepts knuckles and C hubs over HR. I originally bought the STRC knuckles, C hubs, and rear lockouts for my wraith. Ended up selling the and getting VP. Yes, VP is more expensive. Part quality, looks, fit and function - VP can not be touched!
I would recommend waiting a bit longer and saving the extra dough to get the VP stuff. You'll be happier in the end!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Re: coming back to crawlin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlearner View Post
In order to get out of the house occasionally and to keep myself from going madder from boredom (no no, I love being the stay at home dad, honest), I'm hoping to start a Wraith build sometime in the near future.
I'm still at the parts list stage, doing my research and what-not. I have done this before and yes I do know what the search button is for so I'll limit myself to what I cannot find out myself......
The HR knuckles....STOP LAUGHING.......are they worth a pinch of poop??? I know everyone will say "go Vanquish", but the $$ difference is hard to pass up, $26 p/set vs $50+ p/set. I plan to put those extra funds into other areas of the build later on.
Most of the other stuff I can work out for myself, but there is not much mention anywhere of HR knuckles, any help/opinions appreciated......
but after you buy all the other crap 2 times you could just buy vp once
VP Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Amen brother!!!

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Are you looking to throw money at the truck and make it bulletproof? I'll be the odd duckling and say stick with the stock plastic knuckles. Use 3mm fine thread bolts on the chubs and knuckles and see if you really *need* all that aluminum. I crawl and trail run with mine and put it into some bad binds and take some nasty falls/rolls and my stock plastic stuff is holding up great. Spend the money on better batteries or something else more useful.

I concentrate on beefing up the drivetrain and all linkages with the Wraith, that's where the weaknesses that really need attention are at.

Last edited by Jus; 08-20-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
Are you looking to throw money at the truck and make it bulletproof? I'll be the odd duckling and say stick with the stock plastic knuckles. Use 3mm fine thread bolts on the chubs and knuckles and see if you really *need* all that aluminum. I crawl and trail run with mine and put it into some bad binds and take some nasty falls/rolls and my stock plastic stuff is holding up great. Spend the money on better batteries or something else more useful.

I concentrate on beefing up the drivetrain and all linkages with the Wraith, that's where the weaknesses that really need attention are at.
X2 on this, I have an all stock wraith with the rear cage mod to make it look cool and I even run a stick pack in it and I have a blast beating the crap outa mine I am in the process of building a bulletproof wraith but in the mean time I love playing with my all stock wraith.
XJkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote

coming back to crawlin.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
getting back into crawlin scarecrow Newbie General 5 11-05-2010 11:32 AM
Coming back to Trail bemmermazda General Scale Talk 6 01-27-2008 08:43 PM
New to RC crawlin, build coming soon. 'Tard Newbie General 12 09-01-2006 08:20 PM