RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Super Slow Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/401694-super-slow-wraith.html)

malekia 09-08-2012 03:45 PM

Super Slow Wraith

Tried search; didn't find anything.

My newly-built Wraith is ridiculously slow and I'm not sure where to start looking for answers. Here's a (very) short video:

Slow Wraith

- MMP, lights flash yellow after tones, green when forward, red in reverse
- Tekin Pro4 3,300
- Motor to ESC: 12g wet noodle/CC 4mm bullets
- 32p 54T spur with / RR hardened .8mod 14T pinion
- Hyperion 3S, 35C, 4,200
- Sensor cable plugged in, ESC set to SmartSense
- Battery/BEC in front, ESC/Receiver in the rear
- Stock tires/Axial Beadlocks (non-metal)

- Radio settings unchanged from new profile: 100% travel, no DR, etc...

I don't suspect the battery (makes my E-Revo Brushless fly); I tried several others.

bongrips420 09-08-2012 04:23 PM

Re: Super Slow Wraith

get a castle link and play with the settings

Radron 09-08-2012 05:10 PM

Did you calibrate the ESC to your radio? You may not be getting full throttle. Like Bongrips said,get a Caslie Link if you don't have one. You will want it to get all the features the ESC has to offer!

Good luck!!

RootBreaker 09-08-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radron (Post 3906943)
Did you calibrate the ESC to your radio? You may not be getting full throttle. Like Bongrips said,get a Caslie Link if you don't have one. You will want it to get all the features the ESC has to offer!

Good luck!!

yeah i know i noticed at times i had so little fwd but tons of reverse... had to re-calibrate it..

then all good

Radron 09-08-2012 05:21 PM

Great to hear all is good,now go break something & upgrade, LOL!

malekia 09-08-2012 06:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I have already re-calibrated (a few times) without any improvement.

Also, I do have the Castle Link, but don't think I should have to change anything to get reasonable performance.

Radron 09-08-2012 08:05 PM

Take it off smartsense and see if that makes a difference. May just try rebooting the settings to the ESC too.

You could also try switching two of the motor wires and reversing the ESC settings.

malekia 09-09-2012 09:07 AM

Thanks, I'll try a different setting, but I'm curious: Is the performance on my video even close to what my hardware produce? I hope not!

I've seen many mentions of the Tekin Pro4's power and tendency to break parts. I'm not seeing anything close to that. It's not even breaking a sweat!

I know my video sucks, but does my Wraith sound normal?

I'm not expecting the same speeds I get out of my E-Revo Brushless (6S), but considering how much lighter this is, I expect it to be fast.

rollincoal3500 09-09-2012 01:49 PM

Check the timing on the motor and through the castle link. I got mine set to 4 degrees with the castle link and it is stupid fast

malekia 09-10-2012 06:16 PM

I changed from SmartSense to Sensored Only without improvement. I'll try your suggestion next!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollincoal3500 (Post 3908069)
Check the timing on the motor and through the castle link. I got mine set to 4 degrees with the castle link and it is stupid fast

BoardN88 09-11-2012 12:08 PM

When i got my wraith from a guy it went way faster in reverse... then i flipped my gears in the diffs around to the right direction and Bam its fixed... make sure everything is going the right way