Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Rear steer on rear center VP axle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Rear steer on rear center VP axle

I just picked up Shane's IFS Wraith and have c-hubs and knuckles on the way and already have a servo to do rear steer. He put a VP rear axle in that he had the rear diff centered. Does anyone make a servo mount that will work with that set up or do I need to just buy VP front housing and use those parts. I like the centered diff but that means custom shafts and the possibility of having to have other custom parts. I honestly would rather have it offset all the way to one side like we do on the 1:1 stuff. Also when it is time to put the steering shafts in what is the possibility that my spare VP VVD XR shafts will work. I don't mind cutting them down and machining the part that goes into the carrier/locker. Rear steer is something that I have always had in the plans for my 1:1 but never got around to putting the parts on so and I figure it is a hell of a lot cheaper to do it on the wraith.

This thing is so much damn fun and I can only imagine how much more fun i will have with rear steer. The tekin pro4 rocks!

I also plan to have some skins made for it and wrapped with childhood cancer awareness. My wife is a nurse at Children's hospital of Birmingham and works on the cancer floor so I think it would be neat to bring it up there and turn the speed way down to let some of the kids play with it since they have such a positive attitude towards life, something that we all could learn from.

Last edited by Harley; 09-13-2012 at 11:57 AM.
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
20K Club

Default Re: Rear steer on rear center VP axle

You can use an AX10 version truss for the servo mount and tap it into the tubes.

Also, I modified your post a little due to the "wanted section" type part of it. Feel free to make a new thread on that part in the appropriate section
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
You can use an AX10 version truss for the servo mount and tap it into the tubes.

Also, I modified your post a little due to the "wanted section" type part of it. Feel free to make a new thread on that part in the appropriate section
No worries and thanks for the heads up on the AX10 info.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

This is the truss that is on it now. Vanquish AX-10 Axle Truss So just buy a mount and put it on the truss? I assumed what was on it was for a Wraith but after looking at the pics it is definitely a Ax10 version since it it centered and symmetrical. I guess since he centered the diff he used the AX10 truss.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #5

post pics
I am waiting on my wraith to get here,, One of the first things I am going to do is aws
What controller do i need to run the rear servo ?
99tjwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99tjwhore View Post
post pics
I am waiting on my wraith to get here,, One of the first things I am going to do is aws
What controller do i need to run the rear servo ?
I have a 4pks and know it has a special setting for the 4ws. I havent gotten the rear steer put on but having everything besides the servo mount and one universal. I think my buddy has both but he is out of town for the weekend. Here is a video of it jumping off a little spot in the back yard where our pool used to be at. This thing handles awesome! I edited in Youtube to get it to rotate correctly but the changes might not have taken yet. Other wise flip your screen 90*.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9a9...8&feature=plcp

Rear steer on rear center VP axle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing rear steer with normal straight axle scoobydann Newbie General 6 05-04-2010 11:53 AM
Rear steer lockout so you can still mount stuff on rear axle bill400ex Duratrax Cliff Climber 9 02-16-2010 07:49 PM
Rear Steer axle Rocksaurus General Crawlers 11 07-26-2009 09:15 AM
rear axle steer help(not fix, but help) CeeBlock Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 01-28-2008 08:06 AM
Removable mechanical lockout for TLT axle with rear steer 4RnrRick Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 12-16-2005 03:44 PM