Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: how to remove the rear axle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default how to remove the rear axle?

Hi,

I got a used wraith to play around with. After checking it over, I noticed that the rear left wheel turns funny. I took off all 4 wheels and spin the axle by hand, I realized that the rear left axle wobbles so with the it riding on the bearing, it will bind a little per turn. I would like to pull the thing out and try to fix it, but, it is locktite in pretty good. Any hints? Do I just man handle to the thing out?

thanks
dirtslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: how to remove the rear axle?

Download the manual from axial's website. My rtr wraith's axles weren't lock tited in.. but with the manual you'll be able to make sure the loctite is the last thing holding it in place. You've got the carrier and it's bearing off already right? That blue loctite shouldn't put up to much of a fight, but I'd take the diff cover off to get a different angle on it and try to avoid brutally yanking on it.
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: how to remove the rear axle?

You can heat up the end of the axle (as close as you can get to the locker) with a soldering iron. That should "melt" the LocTite and enable you to get the pull it out.
Good luck
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote

how to remove the rear axle? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! How to remove axle from knuckle? sasquatch420 Newbie General 3 08-06-2011 10:30 PM
How to remove inner axle gears without pressing axle pins! revo-4tec-mike XTM Crawler 2 03-07-2009 07:11 PM
How do i remove the axle stub from the hub assembly? 4runner666 General Crawlers 4 02-25-2006 01:43 PM