RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   wraith slipper clutch ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/406565-wraith-slipper-clutch.html)

knuckleBuster 10-08-2012 05:35 PM

wraith slipper clutch ?

I do slot of crawling with my wraith and I hate the slipper clutch. Is there anyway to eliminate it?

Harley 10-08-2012 05:48 PM

Re: wraith slipper clutch ?

If you just tighten it then it won't slip

ZippoMan 10-08-2012 06:10 PM

Yeah I agree tighten the sucker down and no slippy!! That is what I did and love it so far!! No damage to parts yet...lol

knuckleBuster 10-08-2012 06:17 PM

well I thought I had it as tight as possable even put a new slipper pad on, I'll crank that sucker as hard as I can untill it doesn't slip or it breaks:mrgreen:

ZippoMan 10-08-2012 06:35 PM

I have a cordless 12V electric drill with various torque settings....I just buzzed it tight and no slippage! I would make sure both pad spots are super clean and no oils on them. I assembled mine from the kit and handled the sticky pads with care then wiped with alcohol to make sure they were good and grippy.

I was hoping to test my stock drive shafts...maybe twist them up but it has been great so far. I have a 35T HH motor. I also have MIP shafts waiting if the stocks twist or break. :D

monkeymagic9 10-09-2012 09:12 AM

are you guys running lipo to get the slipper to slip?

<runs nimh and hasn't noticed any power loss due to slippage.

treys1 10-09-2012 09:38 AM

A buddy and I are running 3s on various motor from 25t to 35t with the slipper backed out a 1/4 turn. We get slip only when completely bound up.

We are also running stock WB8's with a 6m x 65 bolt cut to fit in the male portion of the shaft. This has been an AWESOME $3 mod.

knuckleBuster 10-09-2012 10:05 AM

I'm running a 3s 8000mh lipo. HH BRXL, HH hand wound 35T tourque master. I use 10/24 allthread in the drive shafts and I haven't pretzeled one since.
Bones

xiteamxi 10-09-2012 10:05 AM

I like my slipper it never stops me from crawling but slips right before I would snap something . You can just leave your spur gear cover off and crawl and if it slips under normal conditions tighten it up until it's dialed in . Other wise you can put a small amount of tack(the blue stuff uses to stick pictures ect to the wall) or tar, goo.. Ect on the slipper pads and enjoy the Gear grinding ,drive shaft popping , axle snapping fun. Also i believe axial makes a part that replaces the hub the spur gear bolts too and has 3 pins that lock in the spur gear eliminating slip believe I have one some were if interested.

ZippoMan 10-09-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeymagic9 (Post 3955495)
are you guys running lipo to get the slipper to slip?

<runs nimh and hasn't noticed any power loss due to slippage.

I run lipo 2S 5000mah! No slip but I don't expect any with it cranked on. I figure my drive shafts will twist up before any other components give. I do have my spur/pinion cover off so I can keep an eye on it and also needed for battery clearance. If I have to I can also probably get in there and loosen the nut if I get too concerned. :mrgreen:

322 10-09-2012 10:33 AM

I had trouble with the stock one loosening up on me so I locktited down. I eventually replaced it with a Robinson Racing slipper.Aside from being a lot beefier it seems to have a lot more adjustability than the stock slipper, the stock slipper either seemed to be full on or full off with no in between.

ZippoMan 10-09-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 322 (Post 3955617)
I had trouble with the stock one loosening up on me so I locktited down. I eventually replaced it with a Robinson Racing slipper.Aside from being a lot beefier it seems to have a lot more adjustability than the stock slipper, the stock slipper either seemed to be full on or full off with no in between.

Cool that might be my future upgrade! :)

bmf24 10-10-2012 06:54 AM

i bought a rr slipper and it didnt sit right on the tranny. i ended up putting the pinion on backward to get it even close. it still didnt sit right so i put the stock one back. i am planning on going thru the tranny this winter so maybe i can figure out what i did wrong then.

322 10-10-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmf24 (Post 3957083)
i bought a rr slipper and it didnt sit right on the tranny. i ended up putting the pinion on backward to get it even close. it still didnt sit right so i put the stock one back. i am planning on going thru the tranny this winter so maybe i can figure out what i did wrong then.

Do you have pics? Mine went right on.