RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Crawlster's Full metal Wraith Built by ScaleReady (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/406967-crawlsters-full-metal-wraith-built-scaleready.html)

ScaleReady 10-10-2012 10:01 PM

Crawlster's Full metal Wraith Built by ScaleReady

6 Attachment(s)
Well, he loves the styling of the wraith chassis, but wanted it to be tweaked a little. We went with a more "fastback" style in the rear. I am trying to make this as close to a perfect match as I can, but the original chassis is made of 1/4" and I am using 3/16", so there will be natural differences there. Blah blah blah........here are the pictures of the progress SO FAR. This is still a build in progress.

ZippoMan 10-10-2012 10:04 PM

Re: Crawlster's Full metal Wraith Built by ScaleReady

Sweet!! I love that!! Are you selling them?

ScaleReady 10-10-2012 10:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got the panels taped up on there for show.

ZippoMan 10-10-2012 10:08 PM

That is KILLER! Great job so far!! I want one....I know it must be very expensive!! Time=Money!!

ScaleReady 10-10-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippoMan (Post 3958667)
Sweet!! I love that!! Are you selling them?

Thanks! Yes I am selling them. "thumbsup" Message me for details.

Mr.Joshua 10-10-2012 10:16 PM

Awesome tube work Phil!

ScaleReady 10-10-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Joshua (Post 3958688)
Awesome tube work Phil!

Thanks man"thumbsup"

ZippoMan 10-10-2012 10:32 PM

I will be watching this thread! I will also be drooling and trying to save up for a full metal chassis!! It is almost a necessity!! ;)

ScaleReady 10-10-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZippoMan (Post 3958712)
I will be watching this thread! I will also be drooling and trying to save up for a full metal chassis!! It is almost a necessity!! ;)

I have a feeeling I will be making more than just another one or two....:ror:

Colby 10-10-2012 11:20 PM

Wow Phil!!! That thing is so cool. Something about real tubing on a rig makes it look 20x better than its plastic counter part. You called me a machine... look at you! Damn!

Crawlster 10-11-2012 04:56 AM

I am getting really excited about this rig, every time i see a picture of it it just gets better and better. Phil is amazing at what he does that is for sure. And he goes above and beyond as a vendor, he started this thread for me cuz i don't have time with my wedding coming in 2 weeks. I like the name you gave it to man "thumbsup" "full metal wraith " that's sweet, and it fits.....even the axles are all aluminum:twisted: but we'll get to that later

Farmer 10-11-2012 08:34 AM

Now that is badass"thumbsup" Would like to see what it ends up weighing vs the stock chassis.
Thanks,
Farmer

ScaleReady 10-11-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 3958756)
Wow Phil!!! That thing is so cool. Something about real tubing on a rig makes it look 20x better than its plastic counter part. You called me a machine... look at you! Damn!

Thanks! I agree. This chassis looks way better in metal form, and 3/16". The way you are pumping out those southern chassis's, you are a machine! :ror:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawlster (Post 3958931)
I am getting really excited about this rig, every time i see a picture of it it just gets better and better. Phil is amazing at what he does that is for sure. And he goes above and beyond as a vendor, he started this thread for me cuz i don't have time with my wedding coming in 2 weeks. I like the name you gave it to man "thumbsup" "full metal wraith " that's sweet, and it fits.....even the axles are all aluminum:twisted: but we'll get to that later

Thanks! I love building chassis's for people and seeing the excitement from them. That's what it's all about"thumbsup" I am not a builder on here to make a living. I wasn't sure what to title the thread as, so I just threw that out there. Kinda catchy:mrgreen: Feel free to post your axles now. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer (Post 3959113)
Now that is badass"thumbsup" Would like to see what it ends up weighing vs the stock chassis.
Thanks,
Farmer

Thanks man! I will get a weight on it before I ship it to him. It is definately heavier, but not a fat pig though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBlackbird (Post 3959189)
Damn...nice work!

Thank you very much!

ScaleReady 10-11-2012 09:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had a little hiccup and the front lower rails were cut off and rebuilt about 3 times today:shock: Figured out the issue, and we are truckin again"thumbsup"

Got the new lower rails installed and the shock hoops built. I still need to make the shock mounting tabs for under the hoop, so don't worry about that:mrgreen:

Crawlster 10-12-2012 01:32 PM

When I get off work today I'm going to go get a new cord/card addaptor for my camera and try to get some pics of the axles put up, also I put a wanted add up for some VP VVD's, if anyone has some and wants to make a deal let me know I have all kinds of stuff to trade and I need them for this beast. My dog grabbed the long shaft of the set I have of the table and ran out in the back yard......couldn't find it, still looking but my hopes aren't very high.

ScaleReady 10-13-2012 12:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
It's a roller!!"thumbsup"

Punch list:

1. Tabs for the skins
2. Front bumper/ winch mount
3. CMS/panhard mount
:shock:
Almost finished

doc.hamilton 10-13-2012 07:46 AM

Definitely some mad fabrication skills!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Cheers,
Todd

ScaleReady 10-13-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc.hamilton (Post 3962601)
Definitely some mad fabrication skills!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Cheers,
Todd

Thanks a lot! "thumbsup"

Crawlster 10-13-2012 09:25 AM

Here are the axles that are going under it, just need a new set of VVD'S right now they have RTR dogbones in the front.......:roll:, But they also have

Axial Hd bevel gears
VP Axle housings
VP Trusses
VP lockers
VP bearing caps
soon to have again....VP VVD's front
CreeperBob's Titanium rear axles
STRC lockouts
STRC chubs
STRC knuckles
STRC diff covers
STRC link mounts

Chose the STRC stuff cuz I liked the gun metal.....if they don't hold up, VP products will replace them

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5d4a3861.jpg
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...psddbe4daf.jpg
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4aa37ec7.jpg
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2a3d661a.jpg
http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/...ps789268db.jpg

ScaleReady 10-13-2012 09:29 AM

:shock::shock::shock: Damn! Sucks about the shafts, but DAMN! Those are nice lookin axles! This is shaping up to be the baddest Wraith on the RCC block"thumbsup"

Side note: I would not leave my Yard until I found that axle! Those are not cheap...as you very well know. My dog would be hog-tied and tortured until I found it.:ror: