Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Wraith
Loading

Notices

Thread: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #261
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 22
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Awesome rigs here.

I am about to embark on my first Wraith build and am wondering what the main benefit of running the 1.9s on a Wraith is. At this point, I have a blank canvas, so may go this way if there's benefit.
maxinflixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #262
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
Awesome rigs here.

I am about to embark on my first Wraith build and am wondering what the main benefit of running the 1.9s on a Wraith is. At this point, I have a blank canvas, so may go this way if there's benefit.
Going to SCX10 width axles and 1.9 tires makes the Wraith more proportional to the size of the cage, not everyone is into the 54 inch tires on super wide axles look.

Also, not everyone has local terrain to challenge something as big as a stock Wraith on 5.5-6 inch tires and rolling over everything with ease gets boring. Making a Wraith narrower with smaller tires adds back some difficulty in navigating obstacles which keeps driving interesting.
svt923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #263
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 22
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Going to SCX10 width axles and 1.9 tires makes the Wraith more proportional to the size of the cage, not everyone is into the 54 inch tires on super wide axles look.

Also, not everyone has local terrain to challenge something as big as a stock Wraith on 5.5-6 inch tires and rolling over everything with ease gets boring. Making a Wraith narrower with smaller tires adds back some difficulty in navigating obstacles which keeps driving interesting.

Thank you for this. Sounds like this is right in my wheelhouse as far as what I wanted to do as I was thinking of going for a more scale look.
maxinflixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:01 AM   #264
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 22
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

I just stripped down the Franken-Wraith I picked up as part of a lot. It was very poorly put together and "setup" for four wheel steer.

Can anyone point me in the direction of good tutorials or build threads on 1.9 Wraiths? Since I am starting from a blank slate (Topcad cage and stock platform), I don't want to accidentally buy an incorrect part as I build.

The installed axles are Losi I think, so I'll be replacing those for sure. Just want to get the right stuff the first time.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
maxinflixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #265
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
I just stripped down the Franken-Wraith I picked up as part of a lot. It was very poorly put together and "setup" for four wheel steer.

Can anyone point me in the direction of good tutorials or build threads on 1.9 Wraiths? Since I am starting from a blank slate (Topcad cage and stock platform), I don't want to accidentally buy an incorrect part as I build.

The installed axles are Losi I think, so I'll be replacing those for sure. Just want to get the right stuff the first time.

Any help/advice is appreciated.
It is pretty simple: Wraith chassis and transmission, SCX10 axles, combine with custom length links for desired wheelbase.

For some inspiration:

This one is pretty old but still good.

Another 1.9 Wraith

A mostly stock part 1.9 build

Micro Racer's 1.9 Wraith Build

This is one of the original 1.9 Wraith builds (Brandon worked for Axial at the time of the build)

Brandon's 1.9 Wraith Build

All this reminds me that I really need to finish my 1.9 Wraith.
svt923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #266
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Detroit
Posts: 22
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
It is pretty simple: Wraith chassis and transmission, SCX10 axles, combine with custom length links for desired wheelbase.

For some inspiration:

This one is pretty old but still good.

Another 1.9 Wraith

A mostly stock part 1.9 build

Micro Racer's 1.9 Wraith Build

This is one of the original 1.9 Wraith builds (Brandon worked for Axial at the time of the build)

Brandon's 1.9 Wraith Build

All this reminds me that I really need to finish my 1.9 Wraith.

Thank you for this. It does seem like I was overthinking it.

Time to get to work.

Last edited by maxinflixion; 08-16-2018 at 10:14 AM.
maxinflixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:35 PM   #267
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 401
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Conundrum time....

I have a used Wraith I just picked up from a friend, mostly because I wanted the ROC412 and MMP out of it. Was thinking of selling off the remainder as a slider or roller, but I also have an unopened K5 Ascender kit on the way and that got me to thinking about building a 1.9 Wraith with the Ascender axles. But.... I also have an OG Honcho that I gave to my daughter to learn with. I could take that back and give her the K5 kit (if she wants) so she'd have a WAY better platform to learn on, OR be a selfish dad and put the Ascender axles under the Wraith....

Thoughts?
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #268
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,489
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Easy, Ascender axles under 1.9 Wraith.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:51 PM   #269
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 401
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Easy, Ascender axles under 1.9 Wraith.
To be fair, you are a bit biased, lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #270
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,489
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSterrett View Post
To be fair, you are a bit biased, lol

Yes, somewhat but I try to be non-partisan, I love the look of smaller pumpkins and the ground clearance they provide without going to COG raising portals, which I also love the look of.

Edit; or sell the old tech Wraith after pulling the motor and esc combo, sell the OG Honcho, buy new Honcho and build the Ascender for your daughter. I had a Ascender axle 1.9 Wraith mostly finished and then pulled the axles out (my spares) and sold it as a slider. I was bored with the Wraith and have several other crawlers that I like more.

Last edited by Natedog; 08-21-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:14 AM   #271
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontherocks
Posts: 1,922
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

10.2 based with STRC CMS mount, Tekin 35t and AE5, BFG Krawlers
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #272
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ringgold
Posts: 108
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Needs to be more 1.9s and less 2.2s. My newest build ssd diamond ar44s. Cms. And of course some cut 1.9 tsls.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scxscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #273
Where's my hammer!
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,166
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

My work in process, lots to do yet, you guys got any 1.9 tire recommendations?
kincer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #274
Where's my hammer!
 
kincer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Apollo Pa
Posts: 1,166
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

It's now a runner!
kincer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #275
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontherocks
Posts: 1,922
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Bumping this for all the new 1.9 Wraiths. Sticky this thread?
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #276
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Raleigh-ish vicinity
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

The OG 1.9



And the new 1.9

svt923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #277
RCC Addict
 
altd896's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Forrestfield, Western Australia
Posts: 1,002
Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Never realised I'd never posted mine in this thread.
1st two pics pic from first try 2014, wide XR mod front, SCX10 width rear end with wide slw to get track width similar to front.
Still Wraith skid, had shortish links, performed horrible, wouldn't climb, wouldn't side hill, wouldn't do half what an SCX10 would......gave up changed it back to 2.2

Pics 3-5 from 2015, I had another crack after I'd been building my own SCX10 chassis & figured out how to crop one down & pick up Wraith shock points to mount it.
Same axles but TSS delrin SCX10 skid & normal 12.3" wheelbase SCX10 links. Whole different truck, drives like a well mod'd SCX10, handles nice enough to even U4 race for a while before I finished purpose built truck.
Truck still exists like this today
Attached Images
     
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



1.9 wraiths where are they at ??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Wraiths.... Help! msd44 General Scale Talk 8 10-10-2012 08:24 PM
new to wraiths have some ???s RednekCrawler Axial Wraith 4 12-11-2011 07:46 AM
2 wraiths k.o.h. ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 1 07-17-2011 05:45 AM
** Wraiths in Motion ** Axial Wraiths attack the PNW! toyofast Scale Videos! 25 07-03-2011 09:23 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com