Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #41

I may just have to do this soon.
brandon331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #42

Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

wraith looks way better but i cant decide weather to do 1.9 or not.
brandon331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvghostrider View Post
I really want to do something with the body but dont know what to do. I like the fastback and bobbed look but hate to hack on it so soon. Definitely needs some color...
I hacked mine and used the upper links. I think it looks sick.

UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Whoa. I have some of those laying around too. Looks sick!
SCX10 and 1.9 Wraith Nov 12, 2012 - YouTube
Here is some vid from a few weeks ago. It now sits lower and stiffer to enhance stability under speed. At the time of filming and currently sits with Novak 18.5 silver can crawler combo on 2s. Baja Claws have since been strategically trimmed and work considerably better. Still looking for a little more speed. Let's see if I get the nerve to throw in the Brushless Hobbies/Tekin Redline combo.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
Work in progress...
Any link to this build? I'm digging what you've done so far
SAL45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

If you agree that 1.9 / SCX10 / Wraiths builds look better than stock... thumbs up this thread and add you own to the list. These are waaaay sweeter than the stock version IMO. Much more scale looking too. Should these be C2 legal?
jkabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

It's too bad that they aren't c2 legal but it makes sense, c2 is trail not full tubers.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
It's too bad that they aren't c2 legal but it makes sense, c2 is trail not full tubers.
Don't want to get too far side tracked but correct me if I'm wrong:

A half tube truggy is a c2.. but ax10 axles which just so happen to be attached to a wraith frame is a c3. Pretty sure a 1.9 wraith would get worked by the c3 rigs which typically run wider ar60s and 2.2s, and yet a 1.9 wraith on narrow axles in c2 wouldn't really have any kind of advantage over the rest of the class that I can see. Am I right?
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

True, its probably at a disadvantage as well in a couple of aspects. The part of c2 rules that disqualify it is "you must run a full rail chassis, truggy excluded". That's my interpretation of it, that some rail chassis at least must be used. Saw a build somewhere that had the bottom half chopped with half an scx chassis, which seems like it'd be legal.

I ended up rebuilding afterwards to make a c2 legal rig.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, I think they base it off 1:1 rules. I can definitely see where a home built chassis would be more competitive than a body on frame production truck. But here I think it's an unfortunate exception that a wraith frame would count as a purpose built class 3.
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #51
RCC Addict

I don't want to start anything and this is just my opinion as I doubt I would ever compete with my 1.9 Wraith or if was told I couldn't it wouldn't bother me at all. But I just don't see the difference between the Wraith's chassis and the SCX10 chassis as far as they both have a rail type chassis just made from different style/material. To me the SCX10 chassis type is considered what it is because it's a rail chassis that runs from the front to rear of the rig. But isn't the Wraiths two main rails technically the same as they run front to back of the rig with the rest of the Tube Body running off of it.

Again not trying to start anything or get this thread further off topic just my opinion.

I now return you to your regular thread topic
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
I don't want to start anything and this is just my opinion as I doubt I would ever compete with my 1.9 Wraith or if was told I couldn't it wouldn't bother me at all. But I just don't see the difference between the Wraith's chassis and the SCX10 chassis as far as they both have a rail type chassis just made from different style/material. To me the SCX10 chassis type is considered what it is because it's a rail chassis that runs from the front to rear of the rig. But isn't the Wraiths two main rails technically the same as they run front to back of the rig with the rest of the Tube Body running off of it.

Again not trying to start anything or get this thread further off topic just my opinion.

I now return you to your regular thread topic
They're totally different types of chassis.The scx is what they call a ladder frame chassis. It has one rail that runs from front to back on each side. The wraith is what they call a tube chassis.There's no rails or a solid front to back type structure.It's made up of several smaller tubes welded to make one large cage.That's why in the 1:1's ladder frames and tube chassis are in different classes.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

New mayhem monsters and a bit a tweaking for mre flex!
UnlimitedJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
They're totally different types of chassis.The scx is what they call a ladder frame chassis. It has one rail that runs from front to back on each side. The wraith is what they call a tube chassis.There's no rails or a solid front to back type structure.It's made up of several smaller tubes welded to make one large cage.That's why in the 1:1's ladder frames and tube chassis are in different classes.
I know the difference between the 2 chassis types when it pertains to 1:1's

What I was talking about pertains to the R/C chassis' on the SCX and Wraith. The Wraith chassis is not built exactly like a 1:1 chassis again In My Opinion as there are 2 main rails that run from front to back on each side. Not exactly the same but similar.

Yes the overall package of the Wraith chassis is to make it look like a 1:1 Tube chassis. But it is similar to someone building a Tubed back half on an SCX chassis.

Again I am not here to get rules changed or anything as I stated before the rules are what they are and if I couldn't run my 1.9 Wraith it wouldn't bother me.
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

The beginning of the c2 rules state "You must run a full rail chassis. ..". A plastic fake tube is not a rail chassis. Close only works in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant3150c View Post
I know the difference between the 2 chassis types when it pertains to 1:1's

What I was talking about pertains to the R/C chassis' on the SCX and Wraith. The Wraith chassis is not built exactly like a 1:1 chassis again In My Opinion as there are 2 main rails that run from front to back on each side. Not exactly the same but similar.

Yes the overall package of the Wraith chassis is to make it look like a 1:1 Tube chassis. But it is similar to someone building a Tubed back half on an SCX chassis.

Again I am not here to get rules changed or anything as I stated before the rules are what they are and if I couldn't run my 1.9 Wraith it wouldn't bother me.
I understand that it's your opinion. But there are no "rails" that run from front to back.And as for the wraith not being built like a 1:1 chassis.That's why the wraith was made to look like it does.Because it was modeled after a 1:1 chassis.When it first came on the scene that was the main selling point for it.But on a better note here. Life Size Axial Wraith Rock Crawler - YouTube This isn't the one it was modeled after but it's still pretty cool.

Last edited by T I N Y; 12-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

excuse me friends, but I looking for some tires for 80% off road bashing, and I really like this two tires on this rigs, can someone tell me which model of tires are these ones, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightInstrukta View Post

and these too

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
Old Dc Rubi Body

thanks
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Looks like IROKS and Flat Irons.

Last edited by Nvghostrider; 12-19-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

cool, thanks for the info, all those rigs looks just great
Steelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Redone and running. Need a cms and slight lowering but it is more stable than before. Weight bias is a little off due to running an unweighted spare on the rear passenger side; lighter weighted rear is used in the front. Need to find that heavier weighted front...
1.9 Wraith Redux July 2013 - YouTube

1.9 wraiths where are they at ??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Wraiths.... Help! msd44 General Scale Talk 8 10-10-2012 08:24 PM
new to wraiths have some ???s RednekCrawler Axial Wraith 4 12-11-2011 07:46 AM
2 wraiths k.o.h. ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 1 07-17-2011 05:45 AM
** Wraiths in Motion ** Axial Wraiths attack the PNW! toyofast Scale Videos! 25 07-03-2011 09:23 AM