Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Bob tailed cage with cut down side panels and a Jeep bonnet.
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Awesome! And I was wondering how 1.9 Trepadors would look on them and they look great.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #83
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffntough760 View Post
hmmmm wroncho and 1.9 wraith? got me thinkin. whats cool about these if you dont like em, swap them back.
So its as simple as taking an scx10 and a wraith and swapping all the parts under her? Axles, up/low links and shafts? I have both rigs and want a wrubicon and 1.9 wraith.

Sent From My Recliner, Toilet Or Hobby Bench...
HPI-Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:00 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI-Killer View Post
So its as simple as taking an scx10 and a wraith and swapping all the parts under her? Axles, up/low links and shafts? I have both rigs and want a wrubicon and 1.9 wraith.

Sent From My Recliner, Toilet Or Hobby Bench...

Not sure about the others, but for me to get a 12.6 wb, I had to make all my links, shortened the front driveshaft, and to keep from hacking on the front end, installed a cms with 3 link and panhard.
silvr_tung_devl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

My cage was pretty knackered anyway so I don't mind chopping and bracing to see what works.

I fitted a Honcho link kit with a couple of spacers here and there, cocked front axle with high clearance knuckles and the servo just tucks into the frame nicely. The top bumper supports were replace by tube and threaded rod back to the shock mounts.

Bobtailed the cage as I'd broken it, the spars the battery tray sat on now point up and screw through the rear of my roof brace (original centre spar) and I need to tidy the rest of the rear up a bit.
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

here's mine, still working on it (aren't we all)...i'm going to keep the wraith axles under it.. i'm working on bringing the front axle back about 1". i'll be making my own links to do that.. and the hood is cut out to get to my batteries and esc if need be.. ***oh yeah ignore the bowtie beadlock rings.. they were meant for another rig...lol..

Last edited by mjc597; 03-11-2014 at 06:23 PM.
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
Work in progress...
This is the insperation for my next crawler. Is there a write up on this some where?

Last edited by gmaxx; 03-24-2014 at 02:25 PM.
gmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvr_tung_devl View Post
Not sure about the others, but for me to get a 12.6 wb, I had to make all my links, shortened the front driveshaft, and to keep from hacking on the front end, installed a cms with 3 link and panhard.
Pretty much how the yellow rig pictured was built and why. Such a great payoff with the thicker links and scale touch of CMS.

I've seen a few wraith axled rigs running 1.9 work just as well with the smaller wheel/tire setup while retaining a scale look. Nice!

The Wraith chassis seems to lend itself to hacking and melding so readily and I'm glad to see more people modding. For the next one I'm thinking of chopping some spare chassis rails with an SCX SKID to insert in place of the Wraith skid.

One of my favorites from our first tandem 1.9 Wraith run:

Last edited by Nvghostrider; 03-12-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #89
RCC Addict

4401 Wraptor. Only had it out twice since ditching the wraith axles...dont miss them one bit

gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Sick rig gottorque!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Here is my DMG Dual Shock Shortback Stiffy 1.9 wraith "Experiment 626" with my "Time Bandit" standard wraith...
Attached Images

Last edited by allanon1965; 04-29-2014 at 05:31 PM.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Whats up fellas, recently aquired and got my 1.9 wraith running yesterday but i got questions on the wheelbase. Right now mine sits at 14" with stock axial 3 link up front, 4 link in rear on stock wraith links all around. My question is whats the average wheelbase for these 1.9 wraiths? I feel like mines wayy too stretched

- Richard
creepinchevy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #93
RCC Addict

I think most are between 12.5 and 13. Mine sits at 12 due to the body. With some revo rod ends and 8-32 allthread its easy (cheap)to make your own links

Sent from a rock
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

12.6" for me...
Old 03-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Default 1.9 wraiths where are they at ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
I think most are between 12.5 and 13. Mine sits at 12 due to the body. With some revo rod ends and 8-32 allthread its easy (cheap)to make your own links

Sent from a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvr_tung_devl View Post
12.6" for me...

Sweet thanks for the quick reply guys looks like 12.6" is gonna be the final wheelbase for me. I hate to keep on asking too but would i get any more servo interference when i bring the front in?

- Richard

Last edited by creepinchevy69; 03-28-2014 at 11:20 PM.
creepinchevy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:15 AM   #96
Rock Stacker

Alright guys I started on the 1.9 scx spec drooped conversion tonight and I am half way done! Got the rear bolted up and the suspension switched over to a firm EEM droop spring and a basic tire setup until Pitbull releases their new 1.9 Growler tire in April sometime, got to keep absolute BEST tire company IMHO tearing the trails up on my scalers!!

Had to use 1 of the shortest rod ends included with the kit and 1 of the next size up on each end for the fitment of the lower links and got the perfect WB without spending $$ on new links.

Now the front is going to be very tricky, I ran the RC4WD CMS Conversion Kit on the Wraith when it was 2.2 with the AR60s and hooking it up will not be easy... I am thinking I will have to eliminate the panhard bar and just run the 4link and hopefully have it bolt up so the CMS will function properly.. Anywho here are some potato phone pics.

The axles I recieved run UD/OD gears in them and the front axle has upgraded alloy chubs and knucks along with the HD universal axle shafts so thats pretty nice to start off with on this conversion build.
Enjoy!!

Probably Sent Sitting On The Toilet...
Old 03-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #97
Rock Stacker

Wooo big issues with link length for both Up/Down.. With the shortest rod ends installed still puts the axle about an inch too far forward.. I dont have mats to make my own links so I need your guys help getting this pushed back.What MM are you guys measuring on your U/L links themselves w/o rod ends? Is there a somewhat easy way to do this without spending $$ and not having a fancy pants shop fulla tools? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:26 AM   #98
RCC Addict

All you need is some revo rod ends and your local hardware store should have 8-32 threaded rod. When I do my links, I go with trial and error, cutting off small sections of the rod till I get it where I want. Finally I cut an identical size piece, put all the rod ends on and install. (Final adjustments as needed). You can make these with the most basic of tools
Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 AM   #99
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
All you need is some revo rod ends and your local hardware store should have 8-32 threaded rod. When I do my links, I go with trial and error, cutting off small sections of the rod till I get it where I want. Finally I cut an identical size piece, put all the rod ends on and install. (Final adjustments as needed). You can make these with the most basic of tools
So somewhat cheap?.. also what can I slip over the rods so its not a ghetto downtown scaler from da hood? Id like them to still resemble links.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPI-Killer View Post
.....What MM are you guys measuring on your U/L links themselves w/o rod ends?

Lower fronts are 69mm
Rear lowers are 82mm

Upper length would be determined on your pinion angle and length if shocks. I used stock scx shocks and had some old traxxas turnbuckles from about 8yrs ago lying around that worked perfect!

You need to also keep in mind that the length of your ball ends will need to be figured into your overall length of your links. I also used Traxxas ball ends from the same turnbuckles. Those ball ends are 15mm center to end...

1.9 wraiths where are they at ??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Wraiths.... Help! msd44 General Scale Talk 8 10-10-2012 08:24 PM
new to wraiths have some ???s RednekCrawler Axial Wraith 4 12-11-2011 07:46 AM
2 wraiths k.o.h. ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 1 07-17-2011 05:45 AM
** Wraiths in Motion ** Axial Wraiths attack the PNW! toyofast Scale Videos! 25 07-03-2011 09:23 AM