Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady

Glad to see those panels fit...I've got those coming for mine Fortunately or Unfortunately ours will end up looking a LOT the same...we have similiar tastes (but mine WILL be slightly different so they won't be true twins).

LOL, just like American Chopper...get it fabbed up then tear it down and send it to paint!

Can you get a ride height pic before you tear it down and maybe an assembled weight? I haven't got shocks yet and I'm wondering how much it will settle due to the increased weight...
BubbaEinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaEinstein View Post
Glad to see those panels fit...I've got those coming for mine Fortunately or Unfortunately ours will end up looking a LOT the same...we have similiar tastes (but mine WILL be slightly different so they won't be true twins).

LOL, just like American Chopper...get it fabbed up then tear it down and send it to paint!

Can you get a ride height pic before you tear it down and maybe an assembled weight? I haven't got shocks yet and I'm wondering how much it will settle due to the increased weight...
Your shocks won't be an issue. If anything, it will make them work better. I have put stock shocks on my chassis, and it seems the same to me, as far as ride height goes.
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

The panels do fit good. There are a few areas I had to trim to get them to fit. If you notice on the back corners the chassis has a tighter radius and I had to trim the top of the panel to get it to wrap around far enough to reach the mounting tabs. My chassis also doesn't have the mounting tab for the lower front body mount hole. The rear panel hole spacing isn't exactly the same either So I just cut the mounting holes off of each side of the panel and it is wedged under the outer panels and tightened down.

I just couldn't see putting everything together for the first time and trying not to scratch up the fresh paint. Now i know everything that could cause trouble fits.

I will try to get the tires bolted on and get some pics tomorrow. The shocks are 103mm G-made XD's with powerstroke dual springs. I may end up changing the shock in the future. For the weight all I have available is a bathroom scale, so I will try that tomorrow.
zuki_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Happy Thanksgiving RCC. Just got done frying the turkey and while it was cooling off for carving I took some ride height and flex pics as requested.

So here are the poser shots.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

I just remembered to weigh the wraith as it sits with no interior or drivers I got roughly 10lbs using a bathroom scale. So it looks like it is going to be pretty heavy. Just about everything on it is metal though.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 PM   #66
RCC Addict

That is looking good! 10lbs is not too bad actually. I have seen scalers with much less steel in the chassis, and weigh more than that.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Awsome! Thank you!!!

Dam that thing looks freakin cool
Old 11-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Awsome! Thank you!!!

Dam that thing looks freakin cool
Thanks, I am getting anxious to see it all together and painted. I got it tore down and started painting everything. Still have to finish painting the CFM panels. I am not leaving them bare with this chassis.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Got it mostly back together and into an operating roller. Still waiting on the outer body panels to dry. The weather has not been cooperating. I tried using some automotive undercoating on the inner fenders and interior to replicate spray on bedliner. It looks good but didn't dry correctly and scratches very easily. I guess the panels need a more scuffing.

Added some fake wiring for the fans on the radiator.

Battery cables and hold downs.

Had to trim the edges of the dash for a good fit in the cage.

Nitrous bottle with easy access.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Lookin' freakin cool! That green really sets off the chassis! (and I like Trish too ).

What foams are you running in the swampers?

Last edited by BubbaEinstein; 11-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Looks bada$$ can't hardly wait to get mine
lets go jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Really liking this build. Well done.
4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Lookin' freakin cool! That green really sets off the chassis! (and I like Trish too ).

What foams are you running in the swampers?
Thanks, I wanted to use a color I haven't seen anybody use yet. If I painted it black the awesome tube work would've disappeared. I got trish from ebay for a heck of a deal. She actually fits the interior better than the Sam Fisher action figure.

I am running Crawler Innovations foams. 6.0 softs w/o tuning ring in front and 5.5" mediums w/o tuning ring in the rear. I don't know how this is going to work out but I am going to try it like it is. I pretty much have gone to this setup on all of my 5.75" tall tires. The 6" foams really help with the stability at high speed.

Quote:
Looks bada$$ can't hardly wait to get mine
Thanks, I know how you feel. It gives you time to think about how you want to do it.

Quote:
Really liking this build. Well done.
Thanks, I just hope I am doing this chassis justice.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

The panels finally dried! This cold weather has really been hard to paint. I am not really happy with how the paint came out so when it gets warmer I will strip and re-paint the panels, but here is how it sits now. I also came in a 10.4lbs complete. I have also thought about running a roof panel but the visibility of the interior wouldn't be as good. On to the pics.

The rear panel I made out of a scrap piece of lexan. It turned out pretty good. I may remake the side panels out of lexan also to shave some weight and have a better fit.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Dam! You've set the bar for these chassis builds pretty dang high
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Very nice job man
lets go jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Nice work for sure!!!! Now you gotta scratch it
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Dam! You've set the bar for these chassis builds pretty dang high
Thanks, but I still don't think I have near the skills of some of these builds I have seen on here.

Quote:
Very nice job man
Thanks, I can't wait to see what others have in mind to do with their chassis.

Quote:
Nice work for sure!!!! Now you gotta scratch it
I am glad you like it. My buddies and I have a 1:1 wheeling trip scheduled for this coming weekend and I am sure it won't be as nice looking after that.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Just got some new Pitbull Rock Beast II tires and also got a Go Pro Hero 3 camera for Christmas, so I figured I would make a video.

I have since broke the RC4wd AX-2 2 speed transmission. The front output shaft broke where the snap ring sits. I have now put my beefed up axial trans w/ axial dig back in geared 11/60. I have also gone back to wraith shocks with STRC caps and bodies. The XD Piggy backs were just interfering more than I liked with the chassis.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

I assumed dome kinda tube but now realize you must be using solid material awesome work giving me some ideas. Io

Also just watched the vid and that things wheels awesome much better then stock.

Last edited by evan03; 12-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawlster's Full metal Wraith Built by ScaleReady ScaleReady Axial Wraith 72 02-11-2015 08:21 PM
Click here if you would like your own ScaleReady Full steel wraith chassis ScaleReady Axial Wraith 1 10-15-2012 10:56 AM
1stockliberty's 4dr JK build*FINISHED*By ScaleReady Chassis Fab ScaleReady 2.2 Scale Rigs 71 07-08-2012 11:10 PM