Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady

Looks awesome! Makes me want my chassis that much more!
BubbaEinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

nice looking rog,the chassis is awesome and did a really nice job with painting.wanna ask what tyres do ul ike more,from what u have or tested?
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #83
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yesterday 11:42 PM
evan03

I assumed dome kinda tube but now realize you must be using solid material awesome work giving me some ideas. Io

Also just watched the vid and that things wheels awesome much better then stock.
Phil/Scaleready built the chassis and I am very happy with the steel chassis. It will definitely take more of a beating than the plastic chassis and I think the extra chassis weight helps it perform more realistically.

Earlier this month I went on a 1:1 wheeling trip and this thing rolled backward about 30 ft down the trail. The only damage it took was the passenger side stinger support bent and the team 3 six racing seatbelts broke and of course some chipped up paint. It made me cringe as I watched it tumble down the trail.

Quote:
Today 01:40 AM
BubbaEinstein

Looks awesome! Makes me want my chassis that much more!
Thanks. I love this chassis. I need to find some time to take the seats out and fix the seat belts so the action figures will stay put!
zuki_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #84
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
nice looking rog,the chassis is awesome and did a really nice job with painting.wanna ask what tyres do ul ike more,from what u have or tested?
Thanks. I currently have RTR ripsaws, R35 ripsaws, proline TSL sx's, X2SS Irocs, X2SS boggers, X3 Baja Claws, and the new Pitbull Rock Beast II's.

From my short time testing the pitbulls. It seems with these tires if you can get the tire on it, it will grab and go. Wet or dry doesn't seem to affect the traction either. The pitbulls are also the widest of the tires I have. They are slightly wider than the irocs. Mounted on VP kmc wheels with CI foams 6.0 softs in front and 5.5 mediums in the back. I have not vented these tires yet.

The R35 ripsaws are also very good compound and perform great, wet or dry, but after running a 5.7" tire it is hard to go back to a smaller tire. I have these mounted on rc4wd steel wheels with underground Crawlers spacers with CI foams 5.5's front and rear, soft front & medium rear. These tires are vented.

The Baja claws perform slightly better than the boggers. They are wider and the tread bars flex slightly better. The water doesn't seem to affect the traction characteristics of the X3 compound as much either. They were pretty stiff to begin with but affter multiple battery packs have softened up quite a bit. It is now hard to tell a difference between the X3 and X2ss compound. Running them backwards works well for jagged rocks where the claws will bring the ledge/lip to the center of the tread, but they do not clean dirt out of the tread or have great traction in dirt running backwards. These are mounted on RC4WD internal resistance wheels with CI foams 6.0 softs in the front and 5.5 mediums in the rear. These tires are also vented

The Boggers seem to perform well also but they are a narrow tire. From my experience the X2SS compound seems to loose some traction when the get wet, although with more wheel speed the will still grab enough to perform good when wet. These tires are great for jagged rock and loose soft dirt. the tread of the tire doesn't conform as well because of the long tread bars. I did manage to rip the sidewall in 1 of these tires, repaired using tire glue. I have no idea when or how it got ripped. I have these on VP SLW V6 1" wheels with MT head rings and CI foams 6.0 softs in front and 5.5 mediums in the rear. I also vented these tires.

TSL SX's are great all around tires. The tread flexes well and the side lugs help pull them through the rough stuff. These tires loose traction slightly when wet also. The big draw back for me running these was the lack of height after running 5.7" tires.The diffs just seem to get hung up much more and you have to choose your line accordingly. The beads on these tires are the worst of any of the tires I own. Several of mine are torn and they will only mount to wheels that have a wide groove for the beads. I have these mounted on Axial rocsters with some rc4wd foams out of other tires. They are vented also.

The IROCs don't seem to perform real well to me. They perform similar to the Boggers, but I believe the tread spacing is to tight for them to get good traction. They are the second tallest and widest of my tires though. Wet traction really makes these tires suffer and without a lot of wheel speed they seem to plug up in the mud. These are mounted on Mayhem Monsters 1.25" with CI foams 6.0 softs in front and 5.5 mediums in the rear and vented tires.

I haven't used the RTR ripsaws lately but they are on stock wheels and foams.

From what I have used I am really liking these new pitbulls. I still need to get some more time on them but so far they seem to be the best all around tire that I own! Sorry if I went too in depth for you.
zuki_dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawlster's Full metal Wraith Built by ScaleReady ScaleReady Axial Wraith 72 02-11-2015 08:21 PM
Click here if you would like your own ScaleReady Full steel wraith chassis ScaleReady Axial Wraith 1 10-15-2012 10:56 AM
1stockliberty's 4dr JK build*FINISHED*By ScaleReady Chassis Fab ScaleReady 2.2 Scale Rigs 71 07-08-2012 11:10 PM