Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler

I have this thread in the Wraith section also, but I would like to gather ideas from this crowd as well.

I have been giving this a lot of thought lately. My brother and I have been bouncing ideas back and forth for a bit, trying to figure out just how to make it happen.......

Before we get too wild on the idea, who all would be interested in one?

What it will be, is a Full steel wraith chassis, but with front end modifications that accept the front end of an EXO. We are going to design it, to where you can virtually take the front end out of your EXO, and bolt it to this chassis, creating a seamless IFS wraith. The details are still being hammered out at this point. This is merely a feeler thread to guage interest.

I anticipate the price to be around $400-$450. Give or take, depending on details.

What would you guys like to see in this chassis. Are there components of either one that you would like to keep or ditch in favor of the other? Beings how this is still in the engineering stages, making adjustments to accomodate certain things, is not a big issue.

I would like to add, I am not trying to step on anyone's toes here. I know that the EXO/Wraith hybrid has been done before. This is not going to be the same at all. I am not blending the 2 chassis' together. Depending on feedback I get from this thread, will depend on the chassis design.

No need to buy two kits to get the IFS wraith setup. It will likely run the wraith skid with custom work in the front to allow the EXO front end components to directly bolt to the chassis. I will build a custom bumper/skid plate setup in the front as well, that will accomodate extra lighting.

Discuss
ScaleReady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler

I like the way your thinking on this. A chassis that is set up kind of like the way RC4WD did the Desert Storm chassis. One would only need to buy the front end parts as opposed to an entire Exo. You'll be playing with front end geometry for a bit. But at that price it would be a big savings over the 2 car method. Keep thinking!
Would I need to use 1.9 wheels if I read it here first?

Last edited by drywallguy; 11-13-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Oh
drywallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

Default Re: New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler

or do this Drail

Drail is offline   Reply With Quote

New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler ScaleReady Axial Wraith 45 01-29-2013 09:25 PM
Zuki_dan's Steel wraith chassis by ScaleReady ScaleReady Axial Wraith 83 12-30-2012 10:15 AM
New ScaleReady *IFS Wraith chassis* feeler ScaleReady General Crawlers 2 11-13-2012 07:14 PM
Click here if you would like your own ScaleReady Full steel wraith chassis ScaleReady Axial Wraith 1 10-15-2012 10:56 AM