Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wondering if the new Novak 4phd 4600kv motor and Crusher esc will work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default wondering if the new Novak 4phd 4600kv motor and Crusher esc will work

Ive had my Wraith for right at a year now. It was the kit version. I decided to build it up using some hardened gears and hardened transmission gears as well. It got MiP driveshafts, and cvd style front axle shafts. Has the aluminum chubs/knuckles, and lockouts. Its got some good work into it so far.

i built it with a Novak Goat 3s crawler setup, with the 18.5 t motor. Its worked very well so far and has never given me any issues what so ever. But Ive been wondering about getting it to a more balanced rock racer/crawler style of rig. To do that part, I elt that I might try using the new Novak setup they came out with awhile back. The Crusher esc with the new 4phd 550 4600kv sensored setup.

My question is would the crusher/4phd motor be too much for the rig itself, or would it be a good choice for a rock racer/crawler combo styled rig? I believe that since the esc still offers the usage of drag/hill brake, and some timing, it would work well with the grunt power the 4phd motor would be making. My drivelines and transmission would handle the power well and not have to worry on twisting it out. So would anyone else know better or have some good information on this idea.

My wraith works very well now on trails and crawling, but isnt a rock racer/bouncer by any means as it sits currently. But it could have all the traits Im looking for with the right esc and motor setup. I welcome any helpful comments or questions. Id just like to get some feedback on what I am wanting to try before I do anything to be honest. I do appreciate the ideas and any help given.
MikeMontgomery1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

wondering if the new Novak 4phd 4600kv motor and Crusher esc will work - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would a 4600KV motor work well in an SCX10? theTman Axial SCX-10 5 04-28-2014 12:52 AM
Novak Brushless Crawler ESC w/18.5 motor..how good will it work in a venom creeper. Kentuckcrawlers Venom Creeper 16 11-23-2010 02:46 PM
sidewinder esc and 4600kV Motor flip2spin23 Electronics 9 05-13-2008 10:51 AM