Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: rtr electronics issues???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #1

Default rtr electronics issues???

So i tore apart my rtr so i could add on some shiny stuff, paint the chassis and move some things around. I plugged everything back together and it seems the radio and reciever arent communicating anymore. I get the initial beeps when i turn on the truck but no beeps when i turn on the radio. I tried looking in the instructions to make sure everythings plugged in the esy it should be, but its not very clear. When i open the recievet box there is a blinking red light, does this mean anything?

Please help!!!
jdoubleu80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: rtr electronics issues???

might need to re-bind the reciever to the controller. Servo goes to ch.1 esc goes to ch. Also recalibrate the esc. Both are pretty easy to do, check out pages 2 and 3 in your instruction book.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Check your throttle trim setting on the remote. May have gotten moved. Make sure its in a neautral position. Also you may have to rebind the rx/tx.
OhioSuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #4

Thanks guys ill check it out when i get home. I thought i might need to rebind, but i had no idea what i may.have.done that would make.that happen, so i didnt want to make things worse, this is my first rc and still dont really understand the.electronics. I like to just jump in with both feet and take my chances.

Can anyone explain why this may have happened, just so i can understand better.

Thanks guys
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Dont know how or why things happen. I've had to rebing receivers before. My Wraith I just got ended up having a bad receiver. Took 2 days of somewhat working and throwing things across my garage before I realized the reciever was just junk.
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I crimped my receiver antenna when I changed my servo. That will do ya in.

I'm waiting on a replacement receiver, but until then my signal is intermittent.

I'm also getting a BEC for my new servo. Not sure if running a big servo without BEC would cause those problems too.

But, be careful with that antenna!
Sethmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoubleu80 View Post
Thanks guys ill check it out when i get home. I thought i might need to rebind, but i had no idea what i may.have.done that would make.that happen, so i didnt want to make things worse, this is my first rc and still dont really understand the.electronics. I like to just jump in with both feet and take my chances.

Can anyone explain why this may have happened, just so i can understand better.

Thanks guys
Some times the receiver loses its binding. However, this shouldn't be happening a lot of the time. If you can't get it working or if it keeps losing its binding, you should contact Axial support for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethmetal View Post
I crimped my receiver antenna when I changed my servo. That will do ya in.

I'm waiting on a replacement receiver, but until then my signal is intermittent.

I'm also getting a BEC for my new servo. Not sure if running a big servo without BEC would cause those problems too.

But, be careful with that antenna!
Adding the BEC is a very good thing to do. The AE-2's internal BEC is only 5 volts @ 2A peak. A high torque servo will brown out the receiver. If you are getting the CC BEC, you need to check the voltage is set to with Castle link to make sure it is the correct voltage for your servo.
k7zpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #8

No new servo here yet, still stock, ill try rebinding tonight and see how it goes.
What did you pay for a new receiver?

Thanks, j
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #9

Update:

Rebound now the reciever is recognizing the radio, i have servo action but no throttle, nothing moves. Just want to make sure i have everything plugged in correctly. Servo in STR slot, esc in ch 3, and lights in batt slot. Thr slot is empty. I noticed to rebind i had to plug esc into batt slot so i could plug jumper into ch. 3.

Am i missing anything here???

Time to start replacing electronics 1 at a time til i find out whats wrong, im thinking maybe the motor first?
Old 02-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #10

your esc goes in the thr slot
lurchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #11

That made sense to me but i thought i remembered it being next to the light plug when i unplugged everything, and instructions said it to plug it into batt to bind it, maybe i shouldve plugged the esc into thr for binding as well?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

If I remember correctly the stock esc throttle position is set just like the castle escs are. Try resetting your throttle position. Also make sure the motor is still in working order. Are you getting all the beeps when powering on? Are you getting lights when pulling the throttle?
OhioSuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #13

I havent had a chance to sit down and try anything since my last post, been so busy. Hopefully tonight i will get a few minutes to try a thing or 2.

As far as testing the motor, this is the only rc i own, so that will be a little difficult.

Im getting all the beeps when i power everything on now, but i had to rebind to get the 2md set of beeps. I never noticed lights when pulling the throttle in the first place, so not to sure what to look for.

Im going to try rebinding with the esc in the thr slot and see if everything works then. I rebound before with ot in the batt slot before like the instructions said and now if i plug the esc into the thr slot and power everything up i dont get the 2nd set of beeps.

Thanks for the help guys, wish me luck.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #14

Ok got everything running last night. Had to rebind again, i guess it just didnt bind the 2 or 3 other times. Hope this doesnt mean im going to have more issues down the road.

Thanks again

rtr electronics issues??? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electronics issues losikid Electronics 22 01-19-2012 08:29 PM
Stock Electronics issues KingJerd Axial SCX-10 10 11-30-2010 05:11 PM
issues with stock electronics PineapplAssasin Axial AX-10 Scorpion 10 06-20-2010 12:09 PM
lcc electronics glitching issues... Fluxnutz Team Losi Comp Crawler 13 12-30-2009 10:25 PM
Help, new TTR Tremor but I am having issues....Electronics?? ScaleHobbies Tamiya Clod Buster 0 02-22-2005 05:18 AM