Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy parts??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Integy parts??????

It's not just the Wraith kit. It's all of there products. They use shitty aluminum and everything that is 12 piece and has the heims machined into the part has a press in piece to hold the ball end in. They always pop out and you will lose the ball end and the piece of metal that holds it in. It isn't just the Wraith kit that has issues. It is the over all poor quality of product the company produces. It ranges from the AX10 to short course trucks. It all sucks. But like I said you may find something that no one else has found.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
It's not just the Wraith kit. It's all of there products. They use shitty aluminum and everything that is 12 piece and has the heims machined into the part has a press in piece to hold the ball end in. They always pop out and you will lose the ball end and the piece of metal that holds it in. It isn't just the Wraith kit that has issues. It is the over all poor quality of product the company produces. It ranges from the AX10 to short course trucks. It all sucks. But like I said you may find something that no one else has found.
We will see now won't we?

Furthermore, Dave@threat seemed to like the top cad parts quite well. Welp, it would seem that the TopCad and the Integy are the same stuff (or god awful similar). Take a look at these two links:

http://www.topcad.com.hk/product_inf...oducts_id=1960

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...3#.UR0k2WeDl8E

Last edited by copenhagen; 02-14-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Added parts comparison
copenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
Very simular for sure. The real difference is in the material itself and the actual machine quality. TopCad uses the same material as the top dogs and the machine quality is right up there. I wasn't expecting that at all for the price.
Sorry but topcad is the parts supplier for Integy. So the quality and materials is the same for both companies.Topcad makes the parts then resells them. There's another company that sells the same parts but I haven't seen or heard anything about them in awhile. I was talking to a guy that works for integy at a trade show.That's how I found out who made the parts.Because I was wondering about their machining wearhouse.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

The funny thing is I've heard better about the Top Cad products then I have the Integy stuff. From what I understand Tap Cad only does the machining of the raw product for Integy and they do what ever finishing, heat treating and or anodizing. So there could be a quality difference between the 2. Im gonna be ordering several things from Top Cad in the near future for a few different rigs including the Top Cad Wraith all aluminum axles. I know someone thats been running them for a year with no issues so for $200 complete bolt in and go its worth a shot since used stock are going for not much less. And Top Cad is the only one that has purple for my wifes "Purple People Eater" build coming soon. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by BADASSPONY; 02-16-2013 at 07:45 AM.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Its not the same quality or materials. You can tell. For one the topcad parts fit really good. integy parts rarely do. Would you say that Topcad makes Vanquishes parts too? They have a motormount for the EXO that looks very similar too there's. Besides all that the Integy parts are similar but are not identical. If you guys take a look you can see the differences.
Dave@threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
Would you say that Topcad makes Vanquishes parts too? They have a motormount for the EXO that looks very similar too there's.

Oh I have to chime in on this, NO topcad does not make ANY part for VANQUISH. Yes I have seen topcads exo motor mount. And this is typical in the chines manufacturing. They never create new ideas, just take other peoples ideas.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
Oh I have to chime in on this, NO topcad does not make ANY part for VANQUISH. Yes I have seen topcads exo motor mount. And this is typical in the chines manufacturing. They never create new ideas, just take other peoples ideas.

That being said I will be switching everything over too Vanquish. Id rather pay more and support an American company then a Chinese company.
Dave@threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
RCC Addict

BUT topcad does make a lot of parts no one else makes so they do have alot of their own ideas out there.And as much as I hate to say it some of their stuff is really good quality stuff. I've been beating on a set of lower links.hubs,knucks,and lock outs on my wraith basher and these things haven't even flinched yet.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Ordered the Integy kit this morning. Pretty excited about it. Will be sure to post a review and pictures when I get it and when I run the snot out of it. I have digital, and dial calipers, and a micrometer set, so will also check the measurements as compared to the factory plastic parts that I remove.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
Ordered the Integy kit this morning. Pretty excited about it. Will be sure to post a review and pictures when I get it and when I run the snot out of it. I have digital, and dial calipers, and a micrometer set, so will also check the measurements as compared to the factory plastic parts that I remove.

Always some fool that likes to fight against public opinion good luck, your going to need it. You will have problems with the links and their drive lines for sure. The trusses and c's should be ok but the knuckles will bend the steering arm and strip out the screw holes pretty easilyand the bearings will wear and start to wobble inside the knuckles also...........enjoy a prematurely Worn out drive almost faster than the stock plastic parts did for a bunch more money
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

When it comes to integy, just say no. Axial parts are 100 times better! If you have the extra money the Vanquish parts are pretty much king.
Levesque87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Even if you don't have all of the extra money at once, just buy 1 or 2 things at a time and before you know it you'll have a sweet looking VP'ed out rig. That's how I did most of mine.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
BUT topcad does make a lot of parts no one else makes so they do have alot of their own ideas out there.And as much as I hate to say it some of their stuff is really good quality stuff. I've been beating on a set of lower links.hubs,knucks,and lock outs on my wraith basher and these things haven't even flinched yet.
Yea, those are not ideas though. That is duplicating the plastic object and making it metal. Now don't get me wrong I welcome competition. And if they made the metal upgrade good for them. I just hate when companies like mine and many others actually come up with a better idea and do not just copy the plastic piece. For example our Exo motor plate. Look at theirs and look at ours. They directly copied the route we went with. And that is where I get bothered. Ours was completely different from stock. And just looking at the comparison they basically just decided to copy ours. Then you get people who say we'll theirs is cheaper. Of course it is, the materials are not our materials and normally have higher lead content. And they did not have to pay to develop anything. They just steal other people's work.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yea, those are not ideas though. That is duplicating the plastic object and making it metal. Now don't get me wrong I welcome competition. And if they made the metal upgrade good for them. I just hate when companies like mine and many others actually come up with a better idea and do not just copy the plastic piece. For example our Exo motor plate. Look at theirs and look at ours. They directly copied the route we went with. And that is where I get bothered. Ours was completely different from stock. And just looking at the comparison they basically just decided to copy ours. Then you get people who say we'll theirs is cheaper. Of course it is, the materials are not our materials and normally have higher lead content. And they did not have to pay to develop anything. They just steal other people's work.
Yes, finally someone that agrees with me. And it's cheap shit made in China... And do you want to support them? Or support a good quality American company with Products made in America with American metal by Americans? Choice is clear to me. Support our economy, not theirs. I will buy nothing but VP's metal parts for my RC's
Old 02-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #35
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
Yes, finally someone that agrees with me. And it's cheap shit made in China... And do you want to support them? Or support a good quality American company with Products made in America with American metal by Americans? Choice is clear to me. Support our economy, not theirs. I will buy nothing but VP's metal parts for my RC's
LOL- where do you think your Wraith was originally made?

Like I said, there are no substantive and/or objective reviews on here concerning the Integy kit for the Wraith, so I have ordered it, and there will be soon enough.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
LOL- where do you think your Wraith was originally made?.
Designed in America, not copied. Then manufactured in Taiwan.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I do truly respect VP and will eventually slowly switch to your parts for the simple fact it is made in America and the quality is awesome. I really wish I could afford to buy it all now. However right now I have 5 builds going on for myself and my family and on somewhat of a limited budget. The Top Cad stuff isn't my first choice but it's the cost effective choice to get all the rigs going and somewhat more bullet proof. I've talked to quite a few that run the TC stuff with good results. Once the stuff does start failing I will switch it out with VP. I'm not saying I agree with them or any company copying another manufacturers parts but being on a budget its the only alternative to get the 5 rigs done.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
The Top Cad stuff isn't my first choice but it's the cost effective choice to get all the rigs going and somewhat more bullet proof. I've talked to quite a few that run the TC stuff with good results.
Nothing wrong with that. That's the same feedback I've been getting from people about the Integy stuff. Of course it would appear they are from the same factory.. so that would be expected. I'm really looking forward to getting my Integy kit!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #39
RCC Addict

I think it's funny that you said nobody will man up and buy them to give a review. Nobody is buying them because it's garbage and a majority of us are running VP. Nobody wants to keep buying the same part over and over hoping the next one will last a little longer. Cry once about the extra money you spent on the best, not every time you keep buying an inferior part. Good luck with your Wraith, I hope you have better luck then the others that have tried Integy.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Integy and Top Cad arent the "same". Yes they are both machined by Top Cab however Integy does their own heat treating, finishing, etc. If you hold both parts side by side you can see the Top Cad is a better finished product. Im not trying to take anything away from VP cuz they are undeniably the best. I would not suggest anyone to run Integy but the Top Cad seems to hold up alittle better.

Integy parts?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integy parts what do you think k_ogre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 27 04-30-2011 05:43 PM
Integy Parts Are JUNK stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 07-18-2009 09:29 PM
Integy Clod Parts Ced RC Tamiya Clod Buster 21 10-15-2007 09:34 AM
integy parts brent239 Newbie General 5 04-16-2007 11:14 AM
has anyone seen these integy parts? JOCKTHEGLIDE Chit Chat 21 04-10-2007 06:02 PM