Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy parts??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #41

Default Re: Integy parts??????

I support VP stuff all the way. I use to run STRC and there knuckles and hubs are still crap in my opinion. I have 90% of all VP's upgrades for my wraith, wish they would develop a set of driveshafts. Our economy here in america is hurting, so why not invest into american made, makes sense in my head if you ask me.
CrawlerkingBLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

We shall see. If I find out that their product is indeed garbage, I'll have recorded disparities in dimensions between their parts and the factory parts, and photographic evidence of failure which will be provided for the greater good. Likewise, if I find out otherwise, you can expect a report on the dimensions/general fit finish, and continued updates as to the durability.
copenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Oh, for what it is worth, I wrote Integy an email asking them about Top Cad parts and this was the response I recieved:

"
Topcad is actually one of our reseller, sometimes we let them get rid of the lower grade reject items under their own brand name. A lot of the newer parts are not available thru. Topcad actually."

Old 02-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
Oh, for what it is worth, I wrote Integy an email asking them about Top Cad parts and this was the response I recieved:

"Topcad is actually one of our reseller, sometimes we let them get rid of the lower grade reject items under their own brand name. A lot of the newer parts are not available thru. Topcad actually."

Well that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. seeing it's a fact that top cad does all the machining for integy. So it's the other way around integy sells top cads parts.Any parts that are rejected or not up to par are recycled. So that email seems to be saving face by not letting on they sell others parts.And making them selfs look better.I've never seen a part from top cad that didn't look perfect.Not saying they're the best parts but they've always looked good.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
it's a fact that top cad does all the machining for integy
So how do you know it is a fact? I am not saying you are wrong, but where are you getting this information?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
So how do you know it is a fact? I am not saying you are wrong, but where are you getting this information?
Well top cad is a machining company. It's in their name "CAD" so I don't think they would be having someone else machine their parts for them. And 2 I spoke with a guy that works for integy at a trade show and he said their parts are supplied by the top cad machining company. I was asking him how big their machining complex was. And everyones who has dealt with both companies say that the top cad parts are better quality.So the rejected parts thing is blown out of the water.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Well top cad is a machining company. It's in their name "CAD" so I don't think they would be having someone else machine their parts for them. And 2 I spoke with a guy that works for integy at a trade show and he said their parts are supplied by the top cad machining company. I was asking him how big their machining complex was. And everyones who has dealt with both companies say that the top cad parts are better quality.So the rejected parts thing is blown out of the water.
Blown out of the water by hear say.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Blown out of the water by hear say.
Well if a guy has had the same part but from the two campanies it's hard not to listen to what he says about them ya know.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Well if a guy has had the same part but from the two campanies it's hard not to listen to what he says about them ya know.
Where are the pictures and the reviews?

Dave- I'm getting the same parts for the same price. Top Cad wants 149 for the same kit I just paid 149 for, and I have no substantial reasoning to believe that the TopCad and Integy kits are any different other than brand name.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #50
RCC Addict

You're to into pics... Why is a guys word who has had both products side by side not god enough? Why are several negative experiences from many of us here on RCC not good enough? The fact is that Integy sucks. No need for pics to prove that. Run it and you'll find out. We've been around for a while and don't just say Integy sucks for the hell of it. Nothing from Integy has ever been good and probably never will be accept their motors, and do you know why that is? Because they don't make them. They are made by another company and Integy slaps their sticker on it.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:

Dave- I'm getting the same parts for the same price. Top Cad wants 149 for the same kit I just paid 149 for, and I have no substantial reasoning to believe that the TopCad and Integy kits are any different other than brand name.
Well I'd say there's no pics or reviews because if you buy one companies part and it fails then you buy another companies part. there's not going to be a good comparison in a new part and a trashed one.And not many people do comparisons on cheap parts.Cheap money wise.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
You're to into pics... Why is a guys word who has had both products side by side not god enough? Why are several negative experiences from many of us here on RCC not good enough? The fact is that Integy sucks. No need for pics to prove that. Run it and you'll find out. We've been around for a while and don't just say Integy sucks for the hell of it. Nothing from Integy has ever been good and probably never will be accept their motors, and do you know why that is? Because they don't make them. They are made by another company and Integy slaps their sticker on it.
Like I said, when I get my parts, I will post a review of them and there will be pictures. I don't believe in taking internet chatter at face value, nor should you. As they say: pics, or it didn't happen. It's a whole lot harder to photo-shop something than it is to type a paragraph, and it seems like all the disdain for affordable upgrade parts hasn't much tangible foundation. No pictures, no proof, just hear-say and domino style peer pressure.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #53
RCC Addict

So the thousands of people that say it's shit don't know what they are talking about?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
So the thousands of people that say it's shit don't know what they are talking about?
Either that or they don't document what they talk about. Either way, I'm going to document my experience with affordable parts and hopefully it benefits someone else.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #55
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Topcad is actually a few bucks cheaper and free shipping. They are NOT the same material by any means and they only look similar. They are not identical. Take a closer look. You can tell right away that the links are different, Knuckles are different, and the trusses are completely different and just the machine quality itself is substantially noticeable.

Even though you payed for the lowest quality stuff you can buy in aluminum besides GPM you probably wont have any real problems other then bending the steering knuckles, and the steering links. The rest of the stuff will hold just fine as long as your not to hard on it. Word of advise though. When you do bend the steering links just replace them with the same ones. Do NOT run high end links with Integy spindles, and carriers. Tolerances will loosen up real quick on the moving parts.
Dave@threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #56
RCC Addict

The lower suspension links bend as well. I've bent a few myself. No I didn't document it because it wasn't even worth the time since everyone already knows they suck. Good luck to you. The bearing pockets will also wear on the knuckles and you'll start to have major wobble issues.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

I have wraith axles on my scx10. I didn't have enough of the proper rod ends to make links for both the front and rear so I used my 8-32 lowers links on the rear and tossed a set of integy ones in the lower front. One run and they bowed. I now have the stock plastic lowers in the front until I remember to buy rod ends. They may bend but at least they go back again.

Something I learned long ago is never buy the cheapest of something. You don't need the most expensive either. I usually go middle or second best. Axial stuff is awesome so is strc, hell I've even had good luck with hot racing parts. But based on personal experience I would rather have plastic then integy aluminum at least with plastic when it bends it goes back after and I can still drive my truck hahaha
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #58
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
Topcad is actually a few bucks cheaper and free shipping. They are NOT the same material by any means and they only look similar. They are not identical. Take a closer look. You can tell right away that the links are different, Knuckles are different, and the trusses are completely different and just the machine quality itself is substantially noticeable.

Even though you payed for the lowest quality stuff you can buy in aluminum besides GPM you probably wont have any real problems other then bending the steering knuckles, and the steering links. The rest of the stuff will hold just fine as long as your not to hard on it. Word of advise though. When you do bend the steering links just replace them with the same ones. Do NOT run high end links with Integy spindles, and carriers. Tolerances will loosen up real quick on the moving parts.
I'll be sure to keep these gems of information in mind as I use my Integy parts, which I am pretty sure are made on the same CNC machine as the TopCad parts. Furthermore, your as to your arugment about using lower quality links with Integy spindles and carriers...LOL... apply this to the Vanquish TITANIUM parts that half you guys have on your PLASTIC frames and axle casings. Personally, I have a hunch that most of ya'll have been pretty much throwing your money away when you could have 95-99% of the fun with parts which you got for a fraction of the cost. Afterall, it isn't like your life is on the line here. I know it hurts your feelings to think about this, but I don't want to see other people fall in the same trap, which is why I am going to make a point of doing a proper review of the the Integy parts kit, documented with photos, etc. I would encourage others to do the same. I have been a member of the firearms community for many many years, and if we find something wrong with something, we post pictures, etc to back it up- not blanket statements of supposed fact with no proof whatsoever. Finally, if all of the horror stories you conjure up about the Integy parts are true, you have nothing to worry about, and you will soon be vindicated by photographic evidence of trashed Integy parts on my Wraith.

Last edited by copenhagen; 02-19-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Frame stress zero
Axle housing stress zero on all but the most intense rigs
Lock out, spindle, locker, gear, driveshaft, chub, axle, cvd, shock hoop, link stress. All of it.

Also not all plastic is the same. I've blown apart plastic rc4wd axle housings. Never had an issue with an axial housing though.

In the RC community as a whole it has been known for years to avoid integy parts for one reason or another. You don't see all this documentation because you are looking far enough back. If you can find Review threads from 5-7 years ago you'll find all sorts of pics and info. That's how long we have known to avoid it for.

Don't hate on us because you can't do research. One google search and this thread never would have started. Also if you think this kit is any different then anything else they make because its for a wraith you need to give your head a shake. Goto traxxas forums and ask about integy, goto rctech and ask about integy. You will find the same answers everywhere. Regardless of what genre of RC you are talking.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Plastic flexes and moves to absorb impact. Aluminum, especially cheap soft aluminum will stretch, bend and fatigue due to the additional force thus resulting in loose wobbly parts.

I gave up on Integy when I was beating on my T-Maxx years ago. I actually put the plastic back in because it lasted longer. I don't have any pictures or documentation of it. If someone doesnt want to take my word for it they can learn the hard just as so many have done before. The reason you don't see very many reviews on this stuff is the fact that so many people have tried them and they are not happy with the results.... at all.

I will say, I have yet to have my VP parts fail on my Wraith. Have I tried Integy? No. It's not worth it to me to potentially have to keep replacing parts and kicking myself in the ass everytime I think about wasting my money on the cheap stuff that didn't last 10 minutes. Peace of mind.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote

Integy parts?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integy parts what do you think k_ogre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 27 04-30-2011 05:43 PM
Integy Parts Are JUNK stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 07-18-2009 09:29 PM
Integy Clod Parts Ced RC Tamiya Clod Buster 21 10-15-2007 09:34 AM
integy parts brent239 Newbie General 5 04-16-2007 11:14 AM
has anyone seen these integy parts? JOCKTHEGLIDE Chit Chat 21 04-10-2007 06:02 PM