Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy parts??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #61
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Integy parts??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
The reason you don't see very many reviews on this stuff is the fact that so many people have tried them and they are not happy with the results.... at all.
Yet my cousin who has been into RC for 20 + years says Integy is good stuff, the owner of my local hobby shop says it is good stuff, and a contributor to a gun forum I frequent says he knows many guys who use Integy parts quite successfully. This is why I am going to do a detailed review of the Integy kit.
copenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #62
RCC Addict

I've been doing this for 20+ years also. If someone just starting out on a limited budget came up and asked me if Integy was any good I would tell them it was ok knowing they can't/won't spend the money for the good stuff. Most newbs just want the "bling" and think just because its aluminum it's better. That's fine, fashion over function but that's not for me. Not anymore at least. I'm actually looking forward to your review. I just hope you don't put this stuff on a stock truck and drive it around your living room for a test.

Last edited by Rjohn929; 02-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
I just hope you don't put this stuff on a stock truck and drive it around your living room for a test.
Maximum mall flex!!!

That's the thing. Most put it in go for a few little drives and think 'oh this great those guys don't know what they are talkin about!'

Then they get in the presence of a few well sorted rigs and start trying to keep up. That's when you find out how it really performs.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

I as well am looking forward to your review, I have a set of TopCad chubs,knucks and lockouts sitting in my toolbox waiting to be installed. That is when the plastic ones fail. Now that begs the question, if I haven't broken the stock plastic pcs., would I be hard enough on the topcad pcs to break them? I think everyone uses their rigs differently and what works for some may not for others. I bought the topcad pcs. for spares and they honestly only cost me $38 cad. to my door. So no harm no foul.
Dualdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

The stock axial plastic is more durable then integy aluminum. Top cad I don't know. Maybe there finishing is better
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
Yet my cousin who has been into RC for 20 + years says Integy is good stuff, the owner of my local hobby shop says it is good stuff, and a contributor to a gun forum I frequent says he knows many guys who use Integy parts quite successfully. This is why I am going to do a detailed review of the Integy kit.
Are you going too actually test the Integy stuff or just review it? Would love too see some good test videos so people can see the durability 1st hand.
Dave@threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
Are you going too actually test the Integy stuff or just review it? Would love too see some good test videos so people can see the durability 1st hand.
I burned out my stock servo and servo horn in less than 3 battery packs, so you be the judge of that.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Why don't everybody just agree to disagree lol. If somebody wants to buy anything besides vanquish then so be it
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #69
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I burned out my stock servo and servo horn in less than 3 battery packs, so you be the judge of that.

Oh thats pretty hardcore. Should make for a good tester then.

Last edited by Dave@threat; 02-19-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Oh thats pretty hardcore. Should make for a good tester then.
It is? Hahaha then I guess everyone that burns out a twin hammers shift servo in the first 5 minutes is just extremely abusive. They should all do product testing!! Hahahaha
Old 02-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
If he's been in it for 20 years and thinks integy is good, then he's never used a truly good quality parts.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
If he's been in it for 20 years and thinks integy is good, then he's never used a truly good quality parts.
LOL, I've been into guns for just as long but I can tell you that there were some cheap rifles made in China that run, run, run. Not necessarily things I want to buy, but I'm also not going to tell someone who just wants a plinker that they should never buy a Norinco....
Old 02-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by street.terror View Post
It is? Hahaha then I guess everyone that burns out a twin hammers shift servo in the first 5 minutes is just extremely abusive. They should all do product testing!! Hahahaha
My stock steering servo actually still worked, but changed it too a better one anyways. Managed too bend the sicky Gnar Integy steering knuckles and main tie-rod though before I changed it though when I lost grip going down some rocks and bounced down on the front tires....All of the Negative threads about Inegy are just a myth...like Moonshining....
Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #74
Rock Stacker

Here's an interesting thread:

thoughts on integy parts? - Page 3 - R/C Tech Forums

I'm suspecting that there may be some truth to post #31.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Default Integy parts??????

Quote:
My stock steering servo actually still worked, but changed it too a better one anyways. Managed too bend the sicky Gnar Integy steering knuckles and main tie-rod though before I changed it though when I lost grip going down some rocks and bounced down on the front tires....All of the Negative threads about Inegy are just a myth...like Moonshining....
Hmmm I barrel rolled my jeep down a 14-16 foot cliff yesterday and nothing happened to my stock plastic junk.

Op if you'd like I'll go home make a video to show you how good integy internal spring shocks work vs the gmade. I'd show you what happens to integy aluminum but I no longer have any of the tt01 parts I bent the first time I rubbed a 1x6 with my drift car.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by street.terror View Post
Hmmm I barrel rolled my jeep down a 14-16 foot cliff yesterday and nothing happened to my stock plastic junk.

Op if you'd like I'll go home make a video to show you how good integy internal spring shocks work vs the gmade. I'd show you what happens to integy aluminum but I no longer have any of the tt01 parts I bent the first time I rubbed a 1x6 with my drift car.
I did NOT just read what you typed did I ? Thats messed up calling the stock plastic junk! It comes in handy when it comes time to replace the bent high quality Integy parts! Shame on you!

All in good fun copenhagen. If thats all you could afford then run with it. Everyone has a budget at some point. Its really about having a good time with what works for you budget.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Agreed. But in reality home made link are both more budget friendly and a hell of a lot stronger.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #78

Wow i didnt think this was gonna go this far. I'm just a newb and was wondering how there parts were. So the vanquish parts are made in the USA???? anyone have a video of there manufacturing facility????
mtnbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbker View Post
Wow i didnt think this was gonna go this far. I'm just a newb and was wondering how there parts were. So the vanquish parts are made in the USA???? anyone have a video of there manufacturing facility????
Don't know but you can speak with the guys that make, not assemble but actually make, the parts in the vendor section
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #80
RCC Addict

Type Vanquish RC in the Google search. They mostly just have how to Videos, but you might be able to find some other videos also. And yes, made in USA, only 90 min from where I live to, so it's really convenient.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Integy parts?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integy parts what do you think k_ogre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 27 04-30-2011 05:43 PM
Integy Parts Are JUNK stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 07-18-2009 09:29 PM
Integy Clod Parts Ced RC Tamiya Clod Buster 21 10-15-2007 09:34 AM
integy parts brent239 Newbie General 5 04-16-2007 11:14 AM
has anyone seen these integy parts? JOCKTHEGLIDE Chit Chat 21 04-10-2007 06:02 PM