Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy parts??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Integy parts??????

copenhagen , I look forward to reading your review and testing . I have been racing r/c cars for 28 years and have purchased many Integy products . Their parts have held up well for both racing and bashing for me , but have found their tools are lacking some but still good for the price .

I think it is awesome you are standing up and holding your position regardless of what others say . This hobby is full of brand loyal customers [which is good] and some think they need to bash other brands , whether they actually had them or not . I am looking at this kit for my Wraith as well !

If everyone listened to hearsay everybody would be the same and have the same thing .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #82
RCC Addict

And buying less junk.

This isn't hearsay. Integy's quality is not the greatest. The metal is soft and wears quickly. Like it was said before, we have all tried Integy at some point and have personal reasons we choose not to use them. We don't need pictures or documentation we just need products that can take a beating and continue to function.

I think the bulkheads in my T-Maxx are still integy but I had to replace them a few times because they bent. I probably kept buying the Integy ones because I was on a much tighter budget then. Now its a shelf queen.

Also, think of it as a higher resale value. After reading what everybody thinks about them, do you think people are going to be lining up to buy this stuff used? They won't even buy it new.

Last edited by Rjohn929; 02-20-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #83
Rock Stacker

Anyone disagree that a Vanquish Stage1 kit with Vanquish steering links for $123.00 would be a stronger, higher quality set up vs the $149.00 Integy Package? Yeah you get the links front axles, and drive lines, but what good are the links if they bend like claimed? Are the stock links weak? What about the front axles? Are the Integy front axles stronger then stock? Drive lines no questions...Anything is stronger then stock imo. So Add $20.00 for a set of Topcad drive lines now you are at $143.00...Is that not the smarter more reliable way too go for th $150.00 range?? If not Id like too hear why it would not be.

Edited my spelling because I am retarded...

Last edited by Dave@threat; 02-20-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Dave@threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

I don't understand why the "die hard VP" people on here are getting so mad? Who's cares if somebody wants to buy something else. I don't care if you have "20 years me the rc business" when It comes right down to it you usually get what you pay for. Is integy or other brands as good as vp? Maybe not, but if that's what somebody wants to try then why get all butt hurt about it and bash somebody for it?
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

And another point is that everybody has a different style of driving so all these comparisons don't mean crap. A guy out bashing with his rig vs. a guy crawling or trail driving if gonna have different effects on the parts we are talking about.
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #86
Rock Stacker

You are right 100%! Nobody should care what anybody buys. Its his money... He asked a question and got strait answers and good advise. People tried to help the guy and steer him in a good direction. Im really not even sure why he got into this thread though. His mind was made up from the get go. He didn't want too hear about better options or opinions. I think all he wanted to hear was Integy was good enough for him. It probably is...

Last edited by Dave@threat; 02-21-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #87
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
You are right 100%! Nobody should care what anybody buys. Its his money... He asked a question and got strait answers and good advise. People tried to help the guy and steer him in a good direction. Im really not even sure why he started a thread though. His mind was made up from the get go. He didn't want too hear about better options or opinions. I think all he wanted to hear was Integy was good enough for him. It probably is...

He started the thread because he wanted to hear factual info from people that have ACTUALLY bought this kit . All he got was people on the VP and Topcad bandwagon bashing another brand more so from hearsay .

I`m sure VP has better products but there is such a thing as different level of products for different people . Not everyone needs the best , most expensive parts . Not everyone treats their rigs as hard as others that need the "superior" brand parts .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Every crappy integy part that I have tried has broken or bent within the first 10-15 mins.
This is coming from racing not bashing. Save your money and buy quality. Like I said before it took 6 months just to warranty 2 broken axles sets that had 1 heat and 3 laps in the next heat. Their customer service sucks, never got any updates, they didn't even let me know that the axles were shipped to me. I emailed about 15-20 times in that 6 month period.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #89
Rock Stacker

How do you all feel about their wheels? I know there stuff is junk but just thught I would ask for the record?
hooty481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Never used a set, but I wouldn't bank on them being any better than the rest of the gargage they make. Plus with their soft metal I bey the screw holes would strip pretty easily.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #91

Ya i started this tread just wondering how there parts were, not thinking how far this would go. I did get my Vanquish chassis mounted servo kit in last night and its top notch. I was a machinist in the navy and this is some very nicely made stuff.
mtnbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #92
RCC Addict

But I remember not to long ago when Integy was the go to company for the AX10.....LOL
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #93
Rock Stacker

Well, I spent all afternoon installing them and went to dinner and a movie with the wife and cousin and his girlfriend afterwards. My initial feelings are that the parts are actually pretty decent. I must admit- ya'll did have me worried that they were going to suck, but the fit and finish was respectable other than some minor deburring I had to do with a needle file on one of the chubs. The aluminum seems to be quite sturdy- and I've played with quite a few aluminum parts in my life, being somewhat of a gun-nut. Of course I won't really be able to tell you much until I start "bashing" the thing outside, but so far, I am pleasantly surprised. I was extremely pleased with the quality of the axles. Initial impression is that they are much better than stock.

Here are a few quick pics, and I'll post more soon after I get to really drive it.

Last edited by copenhagen; 02-23-2013 at 10:14 PM.
copenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #94
20K Club

Skepticism can be a good thing. But not listening to countless people with first hand experience is less than intelligent.

First of all, there have been tests of Integy/Hot Racing aluminum done for material specifications. It barely passes as aluminum, it is very low quality. I have ran a lot of this stuff in the past, specifically on Axial AX/SCX, Wheely King, Losi Mini, and Tamiya Clod. In some situations these parts will hold up just fine, however the corner cutting that they implement is in general the achilles heel.

You will quickly find that almost everything you bought will quickly become terribly sloppy. Specifically Integy's terrible quality integrated rod end design. They will be sloppy and loose within a week of actual running. Now if you don't really use your truck then maybe you'll be ok. However if you run it like many of us, on tough courses with decent power, you'll have a pile of shit parts in a hurry. I have ran those links personally, due to them coming on a rig I bought used.

Also your tie rod, the shit quality of the material will end up causing stripped threads from the bolt holding your drag link on. Again, if you baby your truck you may be fine here.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #95
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Skepticism can be a good thing. But not listening to countless people with first hand experience is less than intelligent.

First of all, there have been tests of Integy/Hot Racing aluminum done for material specifications. It barely passes as aluminum, it is very low quality. I have ran a lot of this stuff in the past, specifically on Axial AX/SCX, Wheely King, Losi Mini, and Tamiya Clod. In some situations these parts will hold up just fine, however the corner cutting that they implement is in general the achilles heel.

You will quickly find that almost everything you bought will quickly become terribly sloppy. Specifically Integy's terrible quality integrated rod end design. They will be sloppy and loose within a week of actual running. Now if you don't really use your truck then maybe you'll be ok. However if you run it like many of us, on tough courses with decent power, you'll have a pile of shit parts in a hurry. I have ran those links personally, due to them coming on a rig I bought used.

Also your tie rod, the shit quality of the material will end up causing stripped threads from the bolt holding your drag link on. Again, if you baby your truck you may be fine here.
We will see, won't we? No, I don't baby my truck, but no, it is not necessary to put high dollar US made titanium parts on a Taiwanese toy either.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #96
Rock Stacker

Ooops..Looks like I got what I paid for once again. Noticed this when I was switching everything over from my Topcad parts to Vanquish. Evidently Topcad uses cheap Chinese cast aluminum not 6061 like I was told. Really disappointing to say the least!! That's what I get for not testing the hardness 1st. This wasn't the only thing I noticed. Major slop in the Chubs, and Knuckles. On top of that chubs and lock outs have stretched around the inner splines. They were rocking even after re tightening the screws! I was worried that because the axle housing itself is plastic that maybe it wore the splines down on it. Not the case at all because my Vanquish stuff was a supper tight fit and had to actually be tapped on unlike my Integy stuff. The Top Cad stuff was a hand pressed fit and seemed good from the start not the case though after some use. Would have most likely held up fine if they used good material! Also bent my steering arm too. This is what I got for going the Cheaper route and this is what anyone that buys it will get Cheap low quality CRAP! It Doesn't mean everyone will bend there parts, just know that you bought low grade crap no matter what.

((((Edit for TINY ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^))))

Last edited by Dave@threat; 02-26-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #97
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
We will see, won't we? No, I don't baby my truck, but no, it is not necessary to put high dollar US made titanium parts on a Taiwanese toy either.
If you are as hard on these trucks as many of us are, then yes it 100% is needed. Go watch a TTC once.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #98
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
If you are as hard on these trucks as many of us are, then yes it 100% is needed. Go watch a TTC once.
We will see. Sorry, not buying it. By your argument, my M16A4's receiver in the Corps should have been made out of titanium...lol.. I have no valid reason to believe that the Integy kit I installed will not stand up to the rigors of the Southern woods better than the OEM parts my truck came with. Of course, time will tell.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
and this is what anyone that buys it will get!
That's a pretty bold statement to say that every person will get just what you got. I mean don't get me wrong VP stuff is top dog but remember you had to do something to make those parts bend or break.They can't do it all by them selves. Alot of you guys are total pro VP and that's cool I run alot of VP stuff but don't down every other company for not being VP.I've ran and still run some top cad parts and they're fine. I run A total top cad rig in our clubs TTC. And I do fine I've won 3 and took 3rd twice out of the last 6.It all boils down to how you run your truck. If you beat on it and bash the hell out of it then yes VP all the way. If you drive it with preservation in mind then you can afford to spend a little less on your rig because it wouldn't see all the hard hits and slamming around.That's how I see it anyway.The harder you play the more you'll pay. It's that simple.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #100
Rock Crawler

I honestly think its going to be hit or miss with alot of the lower end/less expensive companies, Integy (mostly miss), Top Cad(50/50), GPM, hell I've seen Axials own aluminum knuckles fail so maybe its just a coin flip. YES as stuff fails I will be switching out to VP but like I said before I had to do the TC to get all the rigs going, besides my wife and kids wont be beating them no where near like I will. Lol
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote

Integy parts?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integy parts what do you think k_ogre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 27 04-30-2011 05:43 PM
Integy Parts Are JUNK stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 07-18-2009 09:29 PM
Integy Clod Parts Ced RC Tamiya Clod Buster 21 10-15-2007 09:34 AM
integy parts brent239 Newbie General 5 04-16-2007 11:14 AM
has anyone seen these integy parts? JOCKTHEGLIDE Chit Chat 21 04-10-2007 06:02 PM