Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy parts??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #101
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Integy parts??????

Low quality, fitment, strength or where and how it was made doesn't matter too Copenhagen..He sees machined Aluminum parts for $149.00 so they must be good enough. Am I right Copenhagen?
Dave@threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

I knkw several people running the Top Cad with good results but they even said its kinda hit or miss but the recent stuff (within the last few months) does seem to be alittle be for what ever reason. The only thing Integy that was good/decent where the old 6mm links for the AX10s. I never had issues with them it was EVERYTHING else I've ever tried from them was garbage. Copenhagen is simply a kid that doesn't know any better and kost likely once the Integy stuff does start failing he will remain in denial and just order kore Integy garbage.
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #103
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
That's a pretty bold statement to say that every person will get just what you got. I mean don't get me wrong VP stuff is top dog but remember you had to do something to make those parts bend or break.They can't do it all by them selves. Alot of you guys are total pro VP and that's cool I run alot of VP stuff but don't down every other company for not being VP.I've ran and still run some top cad parts and they're fine. I run A total top cad rig in our clubs TTC. And I do fine I've won 3 and took 3rd twice out of the last 6.It all boils down to how you run your truck. If you beat on it and bash the hell out of it then yes VP all the way. If you drive it with preservation in mind then you can afford to spend a little less on your rig because it wouldn't see all the hard hits and slamming around.That's how I see it anyway.The harder you play the more you'll pay. It's that simple.
Bold statement my ass..These are companies with LOW standards. MOST people actually use there Wraith's. Regardless though if anyone breaks or bends there Inegy or TopCad parts or not they will always be low quality parts that were made with low standards just so they can make a buck. They DONT care about there products with there name on them. They only care about making a buck. I agree with "the harder you play the more you pay" statement. That is true which is why I should have bought VP from the start. Bottom line is I payed too much for Low grade parts that had little too normal abuse. I also agree that the parts don't bend them selves but I should be able to take a roll over or 2 before bending parts. If these companies would stop cutting corners, problems would be minimal. Its that simple....
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #104
Rock Stacker

So for those of you considering going the Cheaper route I would reconsider, and just spend the extra few bucks on something worth your money. I made the mistake and payed for it. Glad I did though because now others can learn from it.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

That's pretty much how I feel. I make my own links. But when it comes to the rest I really like strc, a lot of the hot racing and for the high stress areas like Cvds vanquish. If I cant afford the good stuff at the time I just run the stock for awhile longer.
street.terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #106
RCC Addict

Thank you for the picture documentation!
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave@threat View Post
Bold statement my ass..These are companies with LOW standards. MOST people actually use there Wraith's. Regardless though if anyone breaks or bends there Inegy or TopCad parts or not they will always be low quality parts that were made with low standards just so they can make a buck. They DONT care about there products with there name on them. They only care about making a buck. I agree with "the harder you play the more you pay" statement. That is true which is why I should have bought VP from the start. Bottom line is I payed too much for Low grade parts that had little too normal abuse. I also agree that the parts don't bend them selves but I should be able to take a roll over or 2 before bending parts. If these companies would stop cutting corners, problems would be minimal. Its that simple....
But the statement is impossible.Every person that buys those parts are not going to end up with them that way.It's just not true..I have those parts from Top Cad and mine aren't like that.See there's 1 person that doesn't have your problems with parts.And I'm betting There are more with out the problems as well.Your so close minded in this it's troubling. VP is not the only company that you can get good parts from.There's no company that has had trouble free parts.Every company has had something mess up or fit wrong.I can remember at one time everybody that was heavy into crawling was full on Integy. Integy was the biggest thing on the market. And we loved them.So like another guy said it's hit and miss.Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you reorder better parts...lol But as far as my luck with the Top Cad stuff.I've been lucky I guess.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #108
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
But the statement is impossible.Every person that buys those parts are not going to end up with them that way.It's just not true..I have those parts from Top Cad and mine aren't like that.See there's 1 person that doesn't have your problems with parts.And I'm betting There are more with out the problems as well.Your so close minded in this it's troubling. VP is not the only company that you can get good parts from.There's no company that has had trouble free parts.Every company has had something mess up or fit wrong.I can remember at one time everybody that was heavy into crawling was full on Integy. Integy was the biggest thing on the market. And we loved them.So like another guy said it's hit and miss.Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you reorder better parts...lol But as far as my luck with the Top Cad stuff.I've been lucky I guess.

No the statement is not impossible. TopCad and Integy sells CHEAP LOW QUALITY PARTS and thats a FACT not an imposibility. Yeah I could have went with a better company then these two on the next purchase but under the circumstances why in fawk would I even consider anyone else just to save a couple of bucks knowing I would still be buying parts made in China??? I think I have been open minded enough trying other companies stuff dont you think? I mean come on man are you serious??
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No the statement is not impossible. TopCad and Integy sells CHEAP LOW QUALITY PARTS and thats a FACT not an imposibility. Yeah I could have went with a better company then these two on the next purchase but under the circumstances why in fawk would I even consider anyone else just to save a couple of bucks knowing I would still be buying parts made in China??? I think I have been open minded enough trying other companies stuff dont you think? I mean come on man are you serious??
Dave, I agree with you! I have made my rookie donation to the Integy and Hot Racing companies out there. I just think they are more concerned with price point and the "bump n run" sale rather than any kind of R&D or quality control. Now, no company is perfect......I have had an issue with VP, but the difference is the service. With VP, I had the owner call me and gave me much more than I was expecting for a solution.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #110
Rock Stacker

Quote:
It's a lot more than a couple of bucks. You sound like you have your mind made up. Good for you. I don't mind putting Chinese parts on a Taiwanese (nearly China) truck any more than I mind putting Japanese NGK Spark Plugs in my Japanese Toyota. Matter of fact, many times, mechanisms tend to prefer parts which were made where they were made.

But, I understand your sentiment. I have ACOG's on many of my rifles. Then again, I'm not going to tell you that there aren't cheap scopes on the market that will do the job just fine. Of course, IMHO, the rifle is worth the best as it could save my life one day, whereas the Wraith is simply a toy, and there is no way I could ever justify throwing the money at it that some of you have. I am happy with decent. Some of you are only happy with the best. I get this. It is no reason to bash anyone who does not deem it necessary to budget the cash to their little weekend past-time that you do.

3 Battery packs bashing in the woods... the kit and going strong. No slop and still enjoy it. So far: A decent kit for an awesome price.
copenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #111
Rock Stacker

I don't like Integy parts either but would a moderator close this thread as alll we are getting is enemy's out of this.
hooty481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooty481 View Post
I don't like Integy parts either but would a moderator close this thread as alll we are getting is enemy's out of this.
Agreed, I think all possible points have been made and now its turning into a high school pissing match!!!
BADASSPONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
Agreed, I think all possible points have been made and now its turning into a high school pissing match!!!
I agree, but maybe we can veer a bit in a new direction? There are a ton of "aftermarket" parts available for Axial rigs. Is there a general consensus regarding where some of the aftermarket companies fall with regards to quality? For arguements sake lets put Vanquish near the top and Integy closer to the bottom. But what of Hot Racing. Golden Horizons, Cappu, STRC and probably a host of others that don't come to mind right now. How good is the stuff they produce. As several posters already noted, we all have different requirements and different budgets. I still think a list of relative build quality, from top to bottom, would help a lot of us make better informed purchase decisions. Any takers?

Thanks!

Last edited by JohnB; 02-26-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #114
RCC Addict

If you are indeed on a tight budget, then I'd say STRC. But don't buy the STRC diff covers. They'll smash up and be rubbing your ring gear real quick. Or when stock breaks fix it with VP. A fix as you go kind of thing.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I agree, but maybe we can veer a bit in a new direction? There are a ton of "aftermarket" parts available for Axial rigs. Is there a general consensus regarding where some of the aftermarket companies fall with regards to quality? For arguements sake lets put Vanquish near the top and Integy closer to the bottom. But what of Hot Racing. Golden Horizons, Cappu, STRC and probably a host of others that don't come to mind right now. How good is the stuff they produce. As several posters already noted, we all have different requirements and different budgets. I still think a list of relative build quality, from top to bottom, would help a lot of us make better informed purchase decisions. Any takers?

Thanks!
I'm completely on your side of the track. If I can find a quality part and not have to buy a gold plated steering knuckle, I'm going to do it. Just don't come out and say you did. It's like any hobby you get into you want good stuff and you have your own choice to make. "If it works use it!"
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #116
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADASSPONY View Post
I know right. The point is to discuss the Integy kit for the Wraith, but people keep trying to turn it into an advertisement for Vanquish. Not cool.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #117
Rock Stacker

Oh good lord. Nobody is advertising for Vanquish. Those pics were just too show you are really paying for but I went ahead and deleted them anyway since I didnt need to post them anyway. Doesnt mater too some of you... I would have done the same with STRC though. Maybe this will make more sense for some of you.

People wanted opinions on Integy parts right? They were given right??

(My Experience, and opinions)
(1st) I bought Integy parts for my Wraith (They bent WITH NORMAL use and Im not the only one. IMO I got junk. Shouldn't have bent THAT easy)

(2) I bought TopCad parts because my Integy parts bent (Was a little cheaper then Integy, and was most certainly cheaper then VP and was told they were 6061-t-6 just like VP so I figured why spend more on the same material right? Well they bent up with little use..I was lied too by the company saying they were 6061-t6 THEY ARE NOT)

(3) Was considering STRC (I have had GREAT luck with there parts for many years with no complaints! They make great parts and I recommend them 1st over any, then VP 2nd if you want absolutely the best quality there is for your money. VP is not necessary though)

(4) Seeing that I had already dumped money into two different companies with the same results I researched the price difference between VP and STRC and figured...well it just a little more money for the VP stuff vs the STRC stuff. I already wasted the money on the other crap so I may as well just get the top dog stuff and make it my last. Makes sense don't it??? Not to mention Its rare these days to find companies that make anything here in the states so that alone is another plus. Im proud to be able too buy USA made stuff when I can. Sounds like alot of you just don't care about that though which is typical these days.

(5) My advice from my personal experience is find a company that has a GOOD reputation. ESPECIALLY if you plan on actually using your Wraith in an environment that can be abusive on your rig. Dont follow my lead and get VP unless you want too. Im not here to push VP on anybody. There are other quality parts that hold up to what VP does. Integy and TopCad certainly do not and never will unless they stop using soft materials.

Last edited by Dave@threat; 02-26-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Integy is a technology thief, that as stated previously is NOT interested in their customers, nor do they care about blatantly ripping off the competition. Plain and simple. The fact is, they steal technology and then offer inferior copies at prices that the can't be matched by the ones that had the original thought. Support them, and you support everything that is wrong with our economy.

Hows that for a bold statement?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #119
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Integy is a technology thief, that as stated previously is NOT interested in their customers, nor do they care about blatantly ripping off the competition. Plain and simple. The fact is, they steal technology and then offer inferior copies at prices that the can't be matched by the ones that had the original thought. Support them, and you support everything that is wrong with our economy.

Hows that for a bold statement?
Another example of inane bashing. The problem with the economy is fractional reserve banking- it has nothing to do with the purchase of Asian parts for a toy which was already made in Asia.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Hahaha, Insane bashing? Ok

Let me tell you a story and you tell me how you would feel if it happened to you. I'll keep it short. In 2008 I was the owner of a well known vendor of this site. At the time we were having great success selling licensed, designs by members of this community. In fact, they were payed royalties at TWICE the average rate. One day we were contacted by the PRESIDENT of Integy. Yes the one guy that owns the whole company. He asked if he and his lead designer could come to our shop to discuss working together on rock crawling parts since he had no idea. So the day they arrive I was wowed by the $100,000 vehicle they arrived in. We welcomed them in with open arms and showed them what we were doing. We showed them our top selling product, among many other items. They thanked us and said they would be in touch on how we could work together.

We never heard from them! When we tried to contact them they ignored us completely. 2 months later they had a cheaper 99% identical copy of our top selling item for sale on their website cheaper. We ended up not selling hardly any more from that point forward.

It is unethical behavior like that, among obvious other issues like quality control, that is indeed a detriment to the success of the small American company.

PS. I am not telling you or anyone else how to spend their money or whom with. I am only relaying info from personal experience. You all have to decide for yourselves.

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 02-26-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Integy parts?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integy parts what do you think k_ogre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 27 04-30-2011 05:43 PM
Integy Parts Are JUNK stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 07-18-2009 09:29 PM
Integy Clod Parts Ced RC Tamiya Clod Buster 21 10-15-2007 09:34 AM
integy parts brent239 Newbie General 5 04-16-2007 11:14 AM
has anyone seen these integy parts? JOCKTHEGLIDE Chit Chat 21 04-10-2007 06:02 PM