Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Integy parts??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #1

Default Integy parts??????

So I'm new to the crawling world and am getting a used wraith in the next couple of days. I was looking on line and found Integy and thought they had some good looking stuff. Does this upgrade kit a good one with reliable parts? Here is the link Billet Machined Stage 2 Conversion Set for Axial Wraith for R/C or RC - Team Integy
Mike G.
mtnbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Integy parts??????

Nothing about integy is "good and reliable", it is however "budget and cost effective". Their Lathe motors are decent, and you'll hear arguments for specific parts being alright, but for the most part they are Budget parts. That being said, they may work for you, but don't expect them to be the last parts you ever buy.

Replace all those parts in the kit with vanquish or similar quality and your looking at about $500-600. That should just about sum it up.

Last edited by Arctic Fire; 02-10-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Buy the VP products. Integy uses cheap metal that tends to bend and or brake. The fitment is not to bad but is less than good. I say spend your money once on the good products and never worry about it again.
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

They look pretty nice but there not the best quality
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

If your looking for cheaper and decent quality I would look at strc for the links, c hubs, knuckles, lockouts. For a decent price.
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

There are a lot of f-off builds with their scx-10 axles and those seem to hold up to the abuse. Maybe Im wrong but the housings might be okay... I wouldn't chance it though.

Cole
colebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

customer service sucks and warranty will take 6 months or longer.

stay away from that crap
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just installed this kit yesterday and my New Wraith and its Awesome !!!
Very Very Fast shipping too, Vanquish is in Sacramento CA...I live in Cottage Grove MN. I place my order Thursday morning and got my kit on Saturday.

AXIAL WRAITH 10 pc. titanium link set traxxas rod ends
Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I am actually pretty interested in that Integy kit myself...
copenhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

For 200 you can get the knuclks chubs and rear lockouts and upper and lower links plus the steering links from vanquish spend alittle more and get good parts in the end you will save money by not buying parts twice
Clk1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

from my experience with Integy parts is the 10 ft rule it looks great from 10 ft away, once you start really looking the fit and finish is just not there.
and when my wife worked at a hobby shop that was the number 1 returned item
K.Hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Hess View Post
from my experience with Integy parts is the 10 ft rule it looks great from 10 ft away, once you start really looking the fit and finish is just not there.
and when my wife worked at a hobby shop that was the number 1 returned item
As soon as I started talking to a co-worker who is a huge RC freak about buying a Wraith he warned me about Integy from the word GO. He told me one of his friend bought and broke 8 suspension arms before he finally gave up. I have had every Hobby store owner DO NOT BUY THAT GARBAGE !!!
Pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #13

I did notice that the steering parts are not ajustable. So your saying stay away from these???? What about there aluminum belly pans???
Old 02-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
RCC Addict

If you have to have the belly pan, I'd still stay away from integy and look into the strc one. Its not only the poor quality that steers me away from these cheaper companies though. I also don't want to support the made in china. I'll spend a little bit more and support the made in america by an american products.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
If you have to have the belly pan, I'd still stay away from integy and look into the strc one. Its not only the poor quality that steers me away from these cheaper companies though. I also don't want to support the made in china. I'll spend a little bit more and support the made in america by an american products.
Ya I here you, I'm still new to the hole crawler world. Thanks though.
Mike G.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

I am waiting for somebody who actually has pictures of how horrible the Integy parts are. It's odd to me that the owner of the hobby shop in my area recommends Integy and says they make good stuff, along with my cousin who has been into RC for 20+ years. I think I'm going to buy the Integy kit since I am mainly interested in bashing and it comes with pretty much every upgrade I want for 150 bucks. I'll be sure to post a detailed review.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #17
RCC Addict

How many of us do you really think carry cameras when we go out wheeling? I sure don't. If I ever get pics it's because the ol lady gets bored. We aren't saying the product sucks just because. Most of us that say it's shit say that because we have bent and or broke it, and experience the horrible fit vs Axial, VP and other reputable RC part manufacturers. But hey, it's your money, waste it on crappy products if you want to.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

LOL, like I said, I'll be sure to post a lengthy review. Seems to me it's worth the risk since it's just for a toy anyway.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #19
RCC Addict

After you buy it the second time you'll wish you hadn't taken the risk and bought something with proven good quality the first time. Not worth the risk to me. But hey, you may find something in there product that none of the thousands of us have found before. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
After you buy it the second time you'll wish you hadn't taken the risk and bought something with proven good quality the first time. Not worth the risk to me. But hey, you may find something in there product that none of the thousands of us have found before. Good luck.
Not a single one of the "thousands of you" has actually posted any sort of 1st hand experience with the Integy Stage II Hop Up Kit for the Axial Wraith. This thread is a monument to nothing, and will continue to be such until someone actually mans up, buys the kit, tries it out, and posts a review. Since none of you are willing, I will.

Integy parts?????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
integy parts what do you think k_ogre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 27 04-30-2011 05:43 PM
Integy Parts Are JUNK stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 24 07-18-2009 09:29 PM
Integy Clod Parts Ced RC Tamiya Clod Buster 21 10-15-2007 09:34 AM
integy parts brent239 Newbie General 5 04-16-2007 11:14 AM
has anyone seen these integy parts? JOCKTHEGLIDE Chit Chat 21 04-10-2007 06:02 PM