Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: eggbbert DmG's Blue Tourch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #21
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: eggbbert DmG's Blue Tourch

I always find it interesting the path that high end custom built RC crawlers take during their life. Crawler Innovations acquired this chassis back in 2015 through the RCC classifieds & it was someone else that owned it at that time. CI's goal was to get it running as a class 3 style crawler for KOH 2016. That goal was accomplished, but in haste and a build thread was never created for the truck. Today provided the opportunity to locate the original build thread, at least as far as the blue powder coat is concerned. Props to Delbert for choosing such a beautiful color. The powder coating is holding up well, although the truck is showing its use.

...uploaded from the lab at the C.I. compound...
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2016, 11:18 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Hell Yeah, For the price I paid to get it coated it better Hold Up $200 powder coat job and it still looks Freakin BadAss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I always find it interesting the path that high end custom built RC crawlers take during their life. Crawler Innovations acquired this chassis back in 2015 through the RCC classifieds & it was someone else that owned it at that time. CI's goal was to get it running as a class 3 style crawler for KOH 2016. That goal was accomplished, but in haste and a build thread was never created for the truck. Today provided the opportunity to locate the original build thread, at least as far as the blue powder coat is concerned. Props to Delbert for choosing such a beautiful color. The powder coating is holding up well, although the truck is showing its use.

...uploaded from the lab at the C.I. compound...
Mudeater67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #23
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

It looks like it may be time for this chassis to head on to it's next adventure. I figured it was time to update this thread accordingly.

CI Cell Block CWR-5001 car stand to prevent flat spots in your tires and foams during storage.

DMG Solid Rod Chassis, powder coated blue, black panels and interior, Crawler Innovations 1.50' 6 Bolt Wheels, CWR-5004. RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 2.2 tires, filled with Deuce's Wild CWR-3002 single stage foams.

I don't know who made this simple interior, but it's held up great:

The 4S, 2200mah, Lipo battery sits in the back in this tray.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #24
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

More pics:

Vanquish Products centered rear Currie Rock Jock aluminum axle housing, VP steel axle shafts, VP titanium links, Incision locker, Axial HD Standard gear set, Traxxas Big Bore Shocks

DMG Solid Rod Chassis, powder coated blue, black panels and interior, Crawler Innovations 1.50' 6 Bolt Wheels, CWR-5004. RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 2.2 tires, filled with Deuce's Wild CWR-3002 single stage foams.

Vanquish Products front AR60 aluminum axle housing, VP wraith knuckle weights, VP titanium steering links, RC4WD front axle cover, Hitec steering servo, DMG skid plate, VP aluminum steering knuckles and C's, Incision Locker, Axial HD UD gear set,

Dinky RC split skid houses a 2nd axial transmission. The Jeep is seriously geared down with double transmissions.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #25
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Mo' Pics'

Vanquish Products Titanium Links, MIP metal drve shafts, DMG axle skid,

The lexan front clip unbolts with four scale bolts.

Another view under the hood sits a castle creations esc and bec, tekin roc 412 2300KV motor, and the first axial transmission with steel spur gear.

Under the hood sits a castle creations esc and bec, tekin roc 412 2300KV motor, and the first axial transmission with steel spur gear.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:31 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Wow. Haven't seen this rig in a long time.
This rig sat on my bench/workshop shelf for a lot longer than it should have. It's good to see some of the styrene work and other mods that were done held up.
Good to see it is getting enjoyed. This is a VERY tough chassis and has a lot more miles in her.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #27
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
Wow. Haven't seen this rig in a long time.
This rig sat on my bench/workshop shelf for a lot longer than it should have. It's good to see some of the styrene work and other mods that were done held up.
Good to see it is getting enjoyed. This is a VERY tough chassis and has a lot more miles in her.

Thanks for posting. Did you create the interior for this rig?
Old 07-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Thanks for posting. Did you create the interior for this rig?

Yes. I used my cnc to cut out the rough shape then sanded them to fit. It was a challenge but a lot of fun. Had to make the floor pan two pieces to fit in the finished chassis.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #29
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

A long overdue build break down on the Blue Torch Jeep.

eggbbert DmG's Blue Tourch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue allstate no. 110 blue flux or comparable. Desert Rc Tools, and Procedures 2 05-18-2011 09:42 AM
What blue lexan paint is closest to anodized blue? BeeRC Paint and Body 2 08-24-2007 09:43 PM