Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith of Afghanistan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #41

Default Re: Wraith of Afghanistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephas View Post
Does anyone have a set of 2.2 beadlock wheels they can throw in for smice60? They don't have to be pretty. They just need to hold the bead. Pretty wheels won't be rejected though... Oh, and Smice... START YOUR BUILD THREAD. We expect to see pictures of you and your rig climbing some terrorist rocks.
Thanks a lot Brian, when my pic goes up of my rig, it said it has to be approved by someone, you will see what I have into it. Thanks so much for everyone's support. I know Eli and I will have quite a bit of pictures to add . Thanks envy one for helping out, no matter what you send. I appreciate your guys' support for us over here. It's is what helps me at least feel like I'm still at home in my rc work area tinkering on my rigs. Again I can't thank all of you enough.
smice60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #42

Wow you guys are all awesome. Thank you guys for helping us out so far away from home.
elance90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Are you volunteering??? I'll dig through my bins to see what I have. We really need to get everything shipped today (to me) so that I can put it all together and get it shipped early next week. If any of y'all want to chip anything else into the pot, no matter how big or how small, get it shipped. It doesn't have to be RC stuff either. Trial mix, jerky, sweet Cajun fire, and stuff like that is always a big hit too. It looks like we're going to end up with two sets of wheels and tires. So we'll be hooking his buddy up too.

For the record, the second set of tires are brand new 2.2 Rock Lox!!!! That'll be all you smice60.

My address:
Brian M Falls
2712 West 6th Street
Greeley, Colorado 80634
i'f I had a wraith i'd send some parts over. Whats your paypal? i'll send a few bucks to purchase stuff to send.
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSafety View Post
i'f I had a wraith i'd send some parts over. Whats your paypal? i'll send a few bucks to purchase stuff to send.
That works too. I can stretch that a bit with some of my friends. PayPal is brian at brianfalls dot com. I can get really good deals on STRC and VP.

So.... Eli.... If he sends cash, what parts could you use/do you need? STRC Alloy Shock Mounts?

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 02-27-2013 at 09:05 AM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #45
RCC Addict

^What else do you guys need? I'm sure if I call VP they'll hook me up. Also what other parts are you trying to gather?
crawler nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Tranasction ID: 4X272378CF2561123

Sent $25 your way. Find out what the man needs and get it to him

I'm going to post a link to this thread on my club's facebook page ans see if anyone wants to donate as well.
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #47

Holy crap guys....lol this is awesome. Eli and I can't thank you guys enough. If you could locate a droop kit, Eli would like that. Now me...I love green which is awesome for the rims, but aluminum 4 links green would be amazing. Then once I can order my green aluminum axles I will get body panels and put graphics of the hulk on them. That will be the final name for my wraith, the hulk. ;)
Old 02-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smice60 View Post
Holy crap guys....lol this is awesome. Eli and I can't thank you guys enough. If you could locate a droop kit, Eli would like that. Now me...I love green which is awesome for the rims, but aluminum 4 links green would be amazing. Then once I can order my green aluminum axles I will get body panels and put graphics of the hulk on them. That will be the final name for my wraith, the hulk. ;)
Do either of y'all need some STRC Shock mounts? I have a two brand new sets (one set per axle) for one of my projects. I could send them, then replace them with the money sent from PayPal. They are really nice. I read through Eli's build, and I didn't see that he had upgraded lower link/shock mounts. smice, I don't think I've seen your build thread. So I have no idea what you do/don't have.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #49
RCC Addict

I have a metal gear Savox. It's not the top of the line. I think I paid around $75 or so for it. It's been a while, so I can't recall for sure. It was acting a little buggy, so I took it off. That was a long time ago though. ...before I understood that I needed a BEC. It may just be that it needed a BEC... I'm pretty sure that's the case. I suppose I could do a full bench test on it. I run all high end Futaba and Hitec now, so I don't need it (assuming it works). I forced it to articulate, and the gears feel good. It's way better than stock. It has 250 (ish) ounces of torque per inch. Just make sure to hook it up to a BEC if you're running lipo. Speaking of which, do the Wraiths have BEC's? Seeing as y'all are mechanics, I'm assuming you have access to soldering stations of some sort... is that right? Do y'all have a Castle Link to program your ESC's?

All that to ask... do you (smice) need the servo? If not, I could find another home for it. Eli certainly doesn't need it. His hitech is WAY better.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 02-27-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #50

My wraith has the following done:
MIP driveshafts
RR trans gears
Aluminum c hubs and steering knuckles
20 LEDs. Two blue interior, 4 front white, 4 roof light buckets, 4 underneath for under glow, 4 amber marker lights, and two tail lights
I used my uniform patches for an original "paint job". Also used them to make a bed.
2.2 mud slingers with axial rock star beadlock rims
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #51
RCC Addict

I have a spare brand new Castle Link sitting in my drawer with the USB cable I can throw in.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
I have a spare brand new Castle Link sitting in my drawer with the USB cable I can throw in.
Ship it! Unless they say they have one.

You're awesome Crawler Nut! Thanks for being so cool!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #53

Eli has gun metal STRC parts. He does not have the shock mounts. A spare servo would be welcome. Yes Eli has a bec but I do not. We can solder things also, we'll Eli can..lol I'm not very good. Ill add more pics. I'm also using a xl5 esc with the stock motor. Wanting to put a sensored brushless in it. I'm going to try and talk to castle and see if they can set us up.

Last edited by smice60; 02-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
My wraith has the following done:
MIP driveshafts
RR trans gears
Aluminum c hubs and steering knuckles
20 LEDs. Two blue interior, 4 front white, 4 roof light buckets, 4 underneath for under glow, 4 amber marker lights, and two tail lights
I used my uniform patches for an original "paint job". Also used them to make a bed.
2.2 mud slingers with axial rock star beadlock rims

I could throw in some STRC lockouts for the rear instead of those shock/link mounts. You choose buddy. If we could get another $25, I could send both... I would pitch in more, but I've already spent quite a bit. My wife is all for it, but I can tell that spending more would cause her to raise an eyebrow. LOL Gotta keep her happy.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 02-27-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Eli has gun metal STRC parts. He does not have the shock mounts. A spare servo would be welcome. Yes Eli has a bec but I do not. We can solder things also, we'll Eli can..lol I'm not very good. Ill add more pics. I'm also using a xl5 esc with the stock motor. Wanting to put a sensor end brushless in it. I'm going to try and talk to castle and see if they can set us up.
Anything else? Do you guys want the castle link?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #56

A front view
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #57

Eli has a castle link thanks though. I got one at home but don't need one because I have the software on my laptop and Eli has the link...lol
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #58

Quote:
I could throw in some STRC lockouts for the rear instead of those shock/link mounts. You choose buddy. If we could get another $25, I could send both... I would pitch in more, but I've already spent quite a bit. My wife is all for it, but I can tell that spending more would cause her to raise an eyebrow. LOL Gotta keep her happy.
That would be awesome. Thanks a lot the lockouts would be awesome. Ill send you the money to send both if need be.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #59
RCC Addict

How about some VP steering linkage sets?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler nut View Post
How about some VP steering linkage sets?
Smice really needs that! LOL Smice... what's you're actual name?

Wraith of Afghanistan - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawling in Afghanistan ArmyEOD Axial SCX-10 17 04-11-2012 01:55 AM
Afghanistan Rc KFX700 Non Crawler RC's 17 02-03-2008 08:36 AM
Dad Went To Afghanistan KFX700 Chit Chat 27 12-10-2007 10:39 PM