Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: New axles for my wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New axles for my wraith

I just put the RC4WD Center Diff rear axle on my Wraith...love it. I went with the VP Pro Rock 70 up front.
ski29mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
Can dang near put together a set of rc4wd axles for 190 with a few stock parts till more upgrades could be funded
For sure. When he gets the integys and realizes there junk and has to buy another set he will have enough money into axles to just buy vp axles
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

i still wouldnt buy vp.

the only thing vp makes i want is the pro rock 70s

for 200 i dont think you can come remotly close to rolling on vp axles maybe 450 or so would get you blinging on vp axles

Last edited by evan03; 03-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:25 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i still wouldnt buy vp.

the only thing vp makes i want is the pro rock 70s

for 200 i dont think you can come remotly close to rolling on vp axles maybe 450 or so would get you blinging on vp axles
I meant by the time you buy the cheap junk and then have to spend another 200 on something decent you could of had a blinged out set of axles
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

They are right... Integy axles + replacing them with decent semi stock or RC4wd= wish I would of listened. Sorry but it's true.
Jeepfixer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

You can also buy the stock plastic housings and buy some beef tubes, i have that combo in my front axle and it's held up pretty nice, i also have the RC4WD centered rear axle but not as pretty as the one up
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

ohhh yeah the currie axle is what wet dreams are made of
Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
ohhh yeah the currie axle is what wet dreams are made of
Lmao. My wet dreams usually include big tits, ass and pbr
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #29

I know I am resurrecting a dead thread, but I am curious how you feel about your integy axles?
mountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Not sure how old this thread is but . I've been running stock plastic housings for almost a full year. No beef tubes either. Sliding over rocks has about wore through the plastic in a few places. I'm running bushings on the pinions and knuckles.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:47 PM   #31

mountainhead
Re: New axles for my wraith
I know I am resurrecting a dead thread, but I am curious how you feel about your integy axles?

I don't know about the original poster, but I bought a set of Integy T6 complete axles for my custom Wraith build, and these things are ROBUST! They are built incredibly well, and the gears and axles are hardened steel. Heard from an insider that Integy is undergoing a silent makeover, top to bottom, and quality is top shelf on the new components. Time will tell, but so far I'm very impressed with these axles (and an Integy billet aluminum housed steel gear transmission that I purchased at the same time). Why Integy would keep any quality makeovers "silent" boggles my mind, but there must be a method to their madness.

Mike F.

Bluzboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #32

well, it looks like it's been 2 months since you got these new Integy axles, how are they doing? I'm looking to build soon!
BFonzik510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzboy66 View Post
mountainhead
Re: New axles for my wraith

I don't know about the original poster, but I bought a set of Integy T6 complete axles for my custom Wraith build, and these things are ROBUST! They are built incredibly well, and the gears and axles are hardened steel. Heard from an insider that Integy is undergoing a silent makeover, top to bottom, and quality is top shelf on the new components. Time will tell, but so far I'm very impressed with these axles (and an Integy billet aluminum housed steel gear transmission that I purchased at the same time). Why Integy would keep any quality makeovers "silent" boggles my mind, but there must be a method to their madness.

Mike F.
Hate to further resurrect a dead thread, but I think its some good information to have up near the top. I'm in the process of upgrading my Wraith and I'm just eyeballing some axle upgrades now (not going to pull the trigger on axles until this coming spring though).

Seen everything, the VP axles and parts, the "new" Integy axles(just got the V2 piggyback shocks), and the RC4WD axles. While, I absolutely love the VP axles, I just don't want to drop 700$ into the axles. I like the RC4WD axles linked earlier in the thread and have them bookmarked to purchase. However I've also seen that Integy has newer versions of the axles listed above... they call them the T8 axles.

I was at my LHS buying my shocks this past Friday, and I ended up with Integy. I told the LHS guy I deal with that I've heard some mixed reviews over Integy stuff, and he said the same thing... they went through some sort of overhaul and now their stuff holds up pretty well. He ran the shocks I bought for a couple of years before moving to RC4WD Kings and said the Integy's held up for him pretty well.

He said their stuff isn't bad, but its good on a budget. I'm glad I found this thread as theres some great info on axles other than VP. I know, might as well go for broke and get the VP setup, but if I can get a couple of years (or more), out of something cheaper then its all good..
ren.dnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:00 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren.dnb View Post
Hate to further resurrect a dead thread, but I think its some good information to have up near the top. I'm in the process of upgrading my Wraith and I'm just eyeballing some axle upgrades now (not going to pull the trigger on axles until this coming spring though).

Seen everything, the VP axles and parts, the "new" Integy axles(just got the V2 piggyback shocks), and the RC4WD axles. While, I absolutely love the VP axles, I just don't want to drop 700$ into the axles. I like the RC4WD axles linked earlier in the thread and have them bookmarked to purchase. However I've also seen that Integy has newer versions of the axles listed above... they call them the T8 axles.

I was at my LHS buying my shocks this past Friday, and I ended up with Integy. I told the LHS guy I deal with that I've heard some mixed reviews over Integy stuff, and he said the same thing... they went through some sort of overhaul and now their stuff holds up pretty well. He ran the shocks I bought for a couple of years before moving to RC4WD Kings and said the Integy's held up for him pretty well.

He said their stuff isn't bad, but its good on a budget. I'm glad I found this thread as theres some great info on axles other than VP. I know, might as well go for broke and get the VP setup, but if I can get a couple of years (or more), out of something cheaper then its all good..
The axles I purchased eventually ended up going into a Wraith-based 'shafty' monster truck build, and I have to say, they held up really well! Only issue I had was a cross threaded screw at the steering knuckle, and I'm accepting full responsibility for that. I also installed the open diff gears in the front axle....they were from Axial. Sorry, don't recall the part number.

All in all I'd highly recommend the latest Integy axles. Especially if you're a recreational RCer like me. If you're a comp guy and want the extra 'gold star' at the comp events, spend your entire paycheck on axles for your toy truck. ��
Bluzboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluzboy66 View Post
The axles I purchased eventually ended up going into a Wraith-based 'shafty' monster truck build, and I have to say, they held up really well! Only issue I had was a cross threaded screw at the steering knuckle, and I'm accepting full responsibility for that. I also installed the open diff gears in the front axle....they were from Axial. Sorry, don't recall the part number.

All in all I'd highly recommend the latest Integy axles. Especially if you're a recreational RCer like me. If you're a comp guy and want the extra 'gold star' at the comp events, spend your entire paycheck on axles for your toy truck. ��
Glad to hear that! Yeah, I'm a recreational RC'er as well, like many on here. I love playing around and working on my RC's but I don't like the upgrade costs. I've managed to stay budget on my Wraith upgrades so far but getting to the part where I'm not going to gimp like the electronics (going with a holmes hobbies setup for my ESC and motor). That's going to be somewhat pricey, but I looked into axles ... and if I go VP, I'm looking at 700$ roughly for both axles.

I really don't want to go there with the upgrades; maybe if I win the lottery or get some insane raise at work I'll do it but lol... can't do that. I'm seriously looking into the Integy T8's for now... Not doing axles until next year so we'll see what happens.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

My guy at the LHS who also said Integy has improved as well. I've been burned in the past by them but he's been running and racing their stuff and it's done well by him. I'm willing to give their stuff another try. Like Hot Racing I've been very happy with some of their stuff and other stuff has been quite questionable.

It's not unlike car tune up parts. I know many that get buy using BC coilovers, Megan racing stuff and other questionable manufacturers. It works for them and does the job well enough. Me personally after doing trackdays and racing I know where I can skimp and where it pays in the long run to spend the money upfront. You don't skimp on tires and brakes, you don't risk the health of your engine and you sure as hell don't skimp of safety. Spending more for a upgraded cage built above spec allowed my friend and racedriver to walk away from a high speed impact at Watkins Glen.
Farabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Default New axles for my wraith

Have you looked at the SSD diamond axles ? Great product, great price .

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Have you looked at the SSD diamond axles ? Great product, great price .

Hang up and Drive
Yes I did this afternoon actually lol. Love the looks of them and they're smack in the middle of the price range when I add on the extras. Can you get a pair of OCP axles or is the front axle off centered, and the rear centered?

Either way, top candidate now lol.

*EDIT* Disregard... looks like centered rear, off centered front. Is there an advantage to having a centered rear axle vs an OCP?
Old 10-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes I did this afternoon actually lol. Love the looks of them and they're smack in the middle of the price range when I add on the extras. Can you get a pair of OCP axles or is the front axle off centered, and the rear centered?

*EDIT* Disregard... looks like centered rear, off centered front. Is there an advantage to having a centered rear axle vs an OCP?
The primary reason for moving the pumkin around is to align best with the trans out put, other than that it makes very little difference.
I've seen it mentioned it made a difference to the torque twist for some people but I noticed no change in mine.

You can have offset front, they do a "rear" (mirror of the front) to suit the offset housing being used in the rear.
*Diamond Rear Axle Upper Link Mount (Black)
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #40
Rock Stacker

Quote:

I know one advantage of a centered axle housing is having the same size axle for both sides when it comes to replacement. It doesn't matter which side broke, you replace it and still have an extra out of a pair that will fit either side still. Hope that makes since, it does in my head at least. With an ocp housing it has 2 different length axles so if you replace the left side you only have a replacement for the right out of a pair.

As far as brands go, i have 3 rigs running integy parts that have been great. Perfect fit and durability. Almost all drive train parts, steering and some suspension stuff. No shocks or axles. For axles we have been using the steel housings from boom racing. They are around $45 for the housing and diff cover and weigh almost half a pound before you add internals and all. I just switched everything over from the stock plastic housings and everything fit perfect. The only change we made was that some of the stock hardware is coarse thread and needs to be changed to machine thread but all sizes and lengths are the same so easy to get from lhs.
Mikeinsocal is offline   Reply With Quote