Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: "Exwraith'o" Build - EXO on Wraith AR60's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default "ExWraith'O" Build - EXO on Wraith AR60's ---> PICS Added, 1st run out

Alittle back story, picked up a Wraith just because it looked cool about year ago right when they came out and at first it was not really what was fun as I like speed and leaned on more the short course style rig......well after it grew on me the short course stuff is by far not as much fun as how wide open the crawl/bashing side is. Nothing cool and fun about painting another SC body to just get it all beat up again. Also I love that running these Wraiths it did cure alittle of both need for speed and technical driving around and over obstacles. So after many add ons and changes plus adding a 2nd Wraith for my son to the collection I along with a couple buddies got hooked on changing the cage style as more and more custom Wraiths started showing up. Hand's down with my personal back ground playing with 1:1's over the years I love how easy but still challenging it is to make a Wraith look different than the next.

I am still working on my second Wraith cage mod but this rig below just happened by mistake while building a couple EXO's I just added for my son and I plus 2 other buddies, needless to say we will be one EXO short of completion after you see what I ended up doing.

I have seen EXO IFS front ends on Wraiths and I have seen a Wraith on a EXO chassis and then I have seen a EXO on a 1.9 chassis (not too sure about the details on that one) but yet had I seen a EXO running AR60's front and back.......

soooo here is my "Exwraith'o" (named by Peter MC, not sure his name on here)

Wait..... PINK? Yes PINK... LOL One of the EXO's I just picked up ended up having a pink body so I figured I use that for now until I figure out how I might need to chop the panels up. Who knows maybe it will keep this body .

Still more work to be done but I hope to have some first runs on the rocks this weekend. I am hopping for good results once I get the ride height dialed in with the rest of the weight still to be installed. I love the low profile look and hope to keep the weight down low for better handling at higher speeds.

I will add more pics as I go.....

Last edited by NCT_Guy; 08-29-2012 at 08:37 AM.
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: "Exwraith'o" Build - EXO on Wraith AR60's

Looks badazz
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
RcBros Hobbies

This puppy is sick! Keep it pink as well. Need more pics on how she's mounted. I'm in love
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Way to be thinking! I agree, it's badass.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thank you, I am still a newbie so I am just happy to be getting this deep. Getting it to come together was not to bad but that was again due to having both rigs sitting there and the idea's just started flying. My good buddy was at my place putting his EXO together while I was working on at first a real EXO and if it was not for him I probably would not started cutting things up. My son was like, WTH.... is that my buggy on your crawler?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Moderator Rule Breaker

Can you get some pics with panels off and underneath pics ?

You know pink is the new flat black...

Think I may found my new class3 rig.

Last edited by eric113; 08-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.
eric113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Some pics from the start, sorry just used my phone so they are alittle dark.

Sizing both cages up to find a good starting point-

Well it's either I just wasted 2 cages or this might just work -

Looking at ride height -

If only this functioned

Within hours it was sitting on it's own weight -

Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

This is sooo sick!! One of my favorite builds for sure! It is just so killer looking Excelent excelent work man.
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
Metal shaper

Just got an EXO chassis for panel fab and said I would never build one. Looks like I just might be building me an "EXO" after all. Of course it will need some custom axle housings.
Your stuff is in the mail and let me know about the new bars you need. My chassis doesn't have the frot and rear diffs in it but I think it has enough that I'll be able to figure out what you need.
Good job Nick!!
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
Metal shaper

And glad you did this. This was the first thing that I mentioned doing to one when they came out to Eddie at Crawler Innovations. Makes a nice 4 seater family buggy
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Update, took out the rig on Sun and it was awesome. Couple adjustments needed and going to order a couple parts to dial it in but man this rig needs a power up grade from the HH 13t crawl master to a brushless because it's already showing me great throttle on rock attacks! I'll post some pics tomorrow if I get a chance.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

What shocks are those? great build!
TheDude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, 124mm Gmade's but I ended up running my PL rear slash up front becuase I'd really like to get the travel right for the 103 piggy back Gmade's. Not sure if I was totally happy with that switch. I need new foams in the tires because the TSLs are rolling like crazy. The only crappy thing is needing such a long shock in the rear, the options are limited. :(
Old 08-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
Metal shaper

Grab some foams from Crawler InNovations. He just made me a set for some SX's. Don't know ho long a shock you need but check out shocks for the HPI Savage. They are long.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs
Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Clay, yea I need to email CI back. I had just weighed my Wraith that ran your old cage but then started building this so I wanted to re-weigh it before I contacted him on what I need, I would have never thought I would be weighing out my rig for foams if you asked me back when I picked up my first Wraith
Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #16

That is the coolest build ever!!!
dAng! XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Look like team carnage crews rig but a 4 seater
84socal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

OK some of the test bashing pics!

Buddy of mine was pilot of ExWraith'O as the white Wraith is piloted by my 4 year old son!! He has been at the controls for about a year now and it's crazy that he follows as we will take turns through obstacles, you would barely tell what truck he was driving if we had a few rigs together. Just the happiness of enjoying my son pick up on what we are doing and be able to put it together on his own is awesome

WHHHOOOOPPPSSS!!! That will buff out

Hope not too many pics Might hit another spot here in town tomorrow night that is not as tight and twist of rocks, I'll be able to open her up alittle more and get a better feel of the performance difference from my Wraith build I ran before this. Already between my buddy and I both trying common lines we take it's clear that the batt position is making a big difference, lower and more centered in the chassis is keeping the rig balanced when charging hard at the rocks and getting air. Other than the hole batt sitting on the left side the side to side balance was screwed so I am looking at double packs so I can run one on either side and balance it out better. Also need some foam so I'm going to weigh the rig today and contact CI to see what they can set me up with to firm up the tires.

Should have a couple vids coming my way that my buddy took and I'll get those uploaded and post soon.

Comments and thoughts welcome, I'm still learning Thanks

Nick

Last edited by NCT_Guy; 08-29-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Very nice build!!! Personally I would change tires, even with the ci foams the swamper sidewalls are to soft for a heavier rig especially at speed. Keep the pics and vid's coming gonna kepp following this one!!!
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
Metal shaper

Not with the new style foams

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

"Exwraith'o" Build - EXO on Wraith AR60's - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project painted wraith frame build. "CHECK IT" mudd_slinger Axial Wraith 47 11-17-2013 08:00 PM
Project "Balldragger" 1.9 scx wraith build TNCrawler Axial SCX-10 23 10-08-2012 11:49 PM
Project "Balldragger" 1.9 wraith build TNCrawler Axial Wraith 43 10-08-2012 07:45 PM
derek's Wraith Build, "Wanda" derek_18mt Axial Wraith 22 05-26-2012 01:23 PM