Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: RRP failed me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #61
20K Club

Default Re: RRP failed me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmedic View Post
If a rrp broke, stock outputs won't stand a chhance
That's not all that true. I am not confident that the RRP outputs are as strong as the stock outputs. I have seen a LOT of broken RRP outputs over the years. Especially their one piece units.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
That's not all that true. I am not confident that the RRP outputs are as strong as the stock outputs. I have seen a LOT of broken RRP outputs over the years. Especially their one piece units.
Rrp outputs were an upgrade compared to the original ax10 outputs but like Harley said they are not an upgrade compared to the current axial outputs.

Rcmedic was about 6 years old when the og ax10 came out though.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
Rrp outputs were an upgrade compared to the original ax10 outputs but like Harley said they are not an upgrade compared to the current axial outputs.

Rcmedic was about 6 years old when the og ax10 came out though.
Yes, when this gear
Breaks I'll put the stock outputs in while the rrp is in for warrenty
rcmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh, it was my fault. I've head to take my trans out so many times that the holes became very worn. I'm getting some bigger machine screws
The HR Tranny case works good especially for being in and out for repair with having threaded holes.
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
The HR Tranny case works good especially for being in and out for repair with having threaded holes.
Yea. I'm going to try some machine screws, and hope it holds for atleast one more run
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yea. I'm going to try some machine screws, and hope it holds for atleast one more run
All you need is the brass inserts that Jeremy and I were telling you about.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm running sunday...
Old 08-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
They're brass expansion fittings. I'll look for them at sears
Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

To bad you didn't order them from McMaster already. You would probably have gotten them on Saturday. I get my McMaster orders in just a couple days. McMaster has dedicated ups trucks.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
"All you need" is relative. If you push them hard, they will break. We've seen examples of that on here.
These just happen to be 2 years old and the originals from a pre-production Wraith Ive owned since new. The truck has been fully rebuilt twice and re-skinned many times.

It has the 2nd Tekin Sc4X 4.5 in it, after cookin the first. Which I have always run on 3s.

The Front and Rear outputs, idler shaft, top shaft and slipper are the oldest and the only original parts from this truck, since everything else has been changed.

So, let me re-phrase, Its all "I need" from who knows how many Ultra Class G6's, 2.2 Terra X Races, a few 1st place finishes here, a sled pull there, Some mud slingin @ Axialfest and Axle testing at Moon Rocks. maybe it hasnt been pushed hard enough to break one.

scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #71
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
These just happen to be 2 years old and the originals from a pre-production Wraith Ive owned since new. The truck has been fully rebuilt twice and re-skinned many times.

It has the 2nd Tekin Sc4X 4.5 in it, after cookin the first. Which I have always run on 3s.

The Front and Rear outputs, idler shaft, top shaft and slipper are the oldest and the only original parts from this truck, since everything else has been changed.

So, let me re-phrase, Its all "I need" from who knows how many Ultra Class G6's, 2.2 Terra X Races, a few 1st place finishes here, a sled pull there, Some mud slingin @ Axialfest and Axle testing at Moon Rocks. maybe it hasnt been pushed hard enough to break one.
I have had good luck with the stock outputs, like I said I think they are stronger than the Robinsons. However, I have seen them break. I have also seen the axle pinion shafts break but we really don't have an option there.

I like knowing that it's not something I have to worry about, when that was not the case for me in the past.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I have had good luck with the stock outputs, like I said I think they are stronger than the Robinsons. However, I have seen them break. I have also seen the axle pinion shafts break but we really don't have an option there.

I like knowing that it's not something I have to worry about, when that was not the case for me in the past.
My spur went before my rrp could fail. Went and got another, and waiting on some rear knuckle screws. Hey Harley,
If you're ever down in Texas around the Houston area. I'd
Love to go trailing with you.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Crawler Innovations Chromoly outputs, RRP everything else enclosed in a stock plastic SCX-10 case. Nothing went wrong and I pushed the Castle Creations 6900kv 4 Pole motor, HARD. Like roasting tires and then it find traction and shoot me up the obstacle or landing hard on the skid plate at full throttle.

I've actually had diff gears strip out, pinion shafts break, pinion bearings disintegrate and more. The trans with the RRP gears held up just fine.

Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
Crawler Innovations Chromoly outputs, RRP everything else enclosed in a stock plastic SCX-10 case. Nothing went wrong and I pushed the Castle Creations 6900kv 4 Pole motor, HARD. Like roasting tires and then it find traction and shoot me up the obstacle or landing hard on the skid plate at full throttle.

I've actually had diff gears strip out, pinion shafts break, pinion bearings disintegrate and more. The trans with the RRP gears held up just fine.

Can't afford that at the moment.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can't afford that at the moment.

Sure you can! You don't have to buy it all at once, just use the same concept as Harley with his PSW. Take your time and set aside a certain amount of money week week/month.

Crawler Innovations outputs: $67-70
RRP Aluminum Output Gear: $16
RRP Idler Gear: $13

That whole setup costs less than your Pro4 motor.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

The stock top gear failed me after one full 4k batt use! That was with brand new vp housing, bearings, rrp idler and hr bottom gear. It also took out the idler. I will only run hr gears, I feel their metal is less likely to fracture or chip away!
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Harley. I think i might have toasted both my
Mamba max pro, and my tekin pro4 HD. I turned it on have it throttle, and the truck went backwards, and my mmp started smoking. I unplugged in instantly. I also unplugged my motor and plugged the mmp
Back in. It lit up, armed without noise (no motor to make noise) responded to throttle movements, so i plugged
My
Motor back in. I got no noise and a bunch of cogging
Old 08-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Harley. I think i might have toasted both my
Mamba max pro, and my tekin pro4 HD. I turned it on have it throttle, and the truck went backwards, and my mmp started smoking. I unplugged in instantly. I also unplugged my motor and plugged the mmp
Back in. It lit up, armed without noise (no motor to make noise) responded to throttle movements, so i plugged
My
Motor back in. I got no noise and a bunch of cogging
That hd isn't treating you very well.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

I believe this could be the problem the middle terminal should be white wire not black using castle colors.
a-red b-white c-black
Unless the motor was connected correctly in the right order disregarding wire colorName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375536865.932247.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  43.4 KB
EricTheRitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Eric, I dont think that will cause an ESC to smoke. I have hooked a brushless motor up wrong in the past and all it did was seem like I had the sensor wire unplugged...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote

RRP failed me! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
failed step gionata78 Videos! 0 02-14-2013 05:59 AM
Failed Picture Archive! MICHIGAN CRAWLER Micro Scale Rigs 5 10-13-2011 09:52 PM
Failed Tank Loading RANOVRU Chit Chat 2 03-09-2011 10:16 AM
Moped failed on a 11.1v 2200LiPo!!! TheHeadHunter Electronics 32 04-08-2009 08:17 PM