Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Bashing Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #1

Default Bashing Wraith

Hey RCC... I'm new to the forum and to the Crawler scene. I had a Rustler VXL that I used for Speed Runs (Ended when I exploded my car on a curb. Lol) I recently got a Poison Spyder Wraith. I'm more into the bashing scene, with a tad of crawling interested. I blew up one of my front shocks today and it's leaking oil. Which is a good replacement? I've seen topics for the Proline and Traxxas.
lunchboxmunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bashing Wraith

Figure out what ride height you want. Then look at the proper length shocks.
I run the 5” prolines, using a lowering kit . I have great travel, good flex, and smooth and soft..
This rig is not geared or sprung for bashing as I’ve removed the sway bars and use it for crawling

Many others run shorter stiffer shocks. Either way, a sway bar will help bashing.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:16 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchboxmunchy View Post
Hey RCC... I'm new to the forum and to the Crawler scene. I had a Rustler VXL that I used for Speed Runs (Ended when I exploded my car on a curb. Lol) I recently got a Poison Spyder Wraith. I'm more into the bashing scene, with a tad of crawling interested. I blew up one of my front shocks today and it's leaking oil. Which is a good replacement? I've seen topics for the Proline and Traxxas.

Are/Were you running the stock plastic Wraith shocks to start with?
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Figure out what ride height you want. Then look at the proper length shocks.
I run the 5” prolines, using a lowering kit . I have great travel, good flex, and smooth and soft..
This rig is not geared or sprung for bashing as I’ve removed the sway bars and use it for crawling

Many others run shorter stiffer shocks. Either way, a sway bar will help bashing.

Hang up and Drive

Are these yeti rear shocks. 5” right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yes up front the proline flavor/ stock Yeti rear .(swapping some prolines out back soon)

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Seems like most everyone in my area prefer the Traxxas 4962 big bore shocks. The Traxxas stock red springs seem a little stiff depending on the rig weight but all those Axial springs from their big bore shocks fit the Traxxas 4962s. So take that big pile of Axial springs you have and start experimenting. I've found the 1.43 lbs/in ones work well on a lighter rig and the 1.75 or 2.07 lbs/in are better for a heavier rig. I've got 5 RCs running the Traxxas shocks and never had a problem with any of them. Clean them once a year, fresh shock oil, and good to go. Oh, and Losi springs also fit, the golds are good for a Wraith, about 1.4 lbs/in. Ran blacks, 1.2 lbs/in, as well but no longer available.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bashing Wraith - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wraith bashing TAFF1969 Scale Videos! 0 04-11-2014 02:58 PM
Who has the craziest Wraith Bashing Video? Rckcrwlr Axial Wraith 32 01-01-2013 06:58 PM
1-2-12 Bashing the Wraith killer madscrambler Scale Videos! 3 01-05-2012 08:37 PM
Wraith Bashing Videos spunkysandoval Axial Wraith 0 11-02-2011 05:46 PM
210 FPS wraith bashing Positronic Videos! 4 09-16-2011 08:57 PM