Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: c-hub getting loose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default c-hub getting loose

ok i run vp axle and vp c-hub but even if i have set it whit red loctite they get loose as the plastic i was wondering if some of u have welded it in place cos i dont thing its change something if they get welded il still have access to the bering and other stuff inside what you thing about it ?
wmax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: c-hub getting loose

You want to weld the aluminum c-hub to the plastic housing? That is not going to work....at all.

Are you still using the stock self tapping screws? If so, get rid of those and use 3mm button head screws.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

lol no im not that dumb ;) i run vp axle and vp c-hub all alu and i did already re tap for m3 screw ;) and they still get loose thats y im thinking of welding the c-hub on the vp alu axle
Old 07-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you weld the C-hub to the axle, how will you change the inner axleshaft's bearing? Isn't it retained in the axle by a lip on the C-hub?

How long are your bolts?

If your really paranoid, and have some skill, you could drill and tap two more holes through the C-hub and into the axle housing and double up on the bolts. Heck, theres probably enough room to add 4 more bolts if your really worried about it.

I'm running Axial aluminum C's, stock housings with beef tubes and only have to snug the C-hub bolts every dozen packs or so. Considering the stress these parts are under, I'm not surprised. Torque checking all the hardware on your truck, especially wheel nuts and suspension bolts, should be done every several packs.

What do you mean by "re-tap" the Vanquish parts? Don't they come threaded for 3x.5mm bolts?

Last edited by meatmonkey; 07-13-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Blue loctite dude.
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmax99 View Post
lol no im not that dumb ;)
Ahh...sorry, I missed the "vp axle" part of your first post.

That's crazy that they come loose. I have never had one come loose from my plastic axles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
If your really paranoid, and have some skill, you could drill and tap two more holes through the C-hub and into the axle housing and double up on the bolts
I did this on my super and it has held up nicely.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i mean oversize the hole and tap it for m4 screw whit red loctite and come loose again and i do a check up of my truck after every run ;) but im roff whit my gear and i do alot of rock terrain . and the beering and shaft in front isent a probleme if the c-hub is welded to the axle i can remove and remplace them easely
Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I have same problem with my vp axles and chubs. I blue locktite the hell out of em! The short side on mine seems to loosen every pack.
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I wonder if you put a thin coat of ca glue on the chub and axle splines let dry then instal.

Might also clean the bolt Holes with brake cleaner so the thread lockt has a chance to hold
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

well i have cleaned the axle and c-hub / then scratch then i aply some metal epoxy let it dry for 24hours and its seem to hold on very well i have run it for 6hours today 5pack and seem solide as rock again i think i have found the solution if that dosent hold up next step i weld it there lol

c-hub getting loose - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trail Honcho "C-Hub" hub carrier issue orangebloodtex Axial SCX-10 6 11-24-2014 06:55 PM
Knuckle / c hub screws (kingpin?) coming loose Matthewboerner Axial Wraith 9 10-14-2011 11:12 AM
Fixed Rear Hub vs Lock out Rear hub for MRC crawlzzzs Newbie General 1 04-20-2009 06:46 PM
Wires came Loose HELP!!! ford381stroker General Crawlers 3 02-19-2006 08:15 PM