Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: LCOG---------Setups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default LCOG---------Setups

been searching and looking for good references towards LCOG setups...anyone care to share pics and specs of their setups to help inspire others like me

I bought a Wraith and it came with a couple other shock setups, can you help identify what these shocks are??? I know the center ones are the stockers, what are the ones on the right with no springs (red)? Never seen them before anywhere and the super long black ones??

...Plus I noticed the rear shocks go all the way up and mount to the roll cage......any thoughts on this setup?

I want to lower it and turn it into something like this setup......

Last edited by little squirt; 07-19-2013 at 07:54 PM.
little squirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: LCOG---------Setups

Here is one other pic......

tracking says I should have it at my door tmrw or monday at the latest, then I can put up more detailed pics.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Those red ones are air shocks with internal springs. I bet they could be tuned for a low ride height.

That white rig looks pretty good love the ride height ;)

Flipping the shock mount over lower it a noticeable amount

The white wraith got boarding so this is the current setup.

Wheeled it like this and it go vertical like crazy and is hard to tip over.

Last edited by evan03; 07-19-2013 at 09:50 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You can always get a droop kit which offer higher mounting positions then swap to some 90mm shocks like PowerStrokes...and flip the lower mounts on the axles if you haven't already. Or if you are on the cheap side buy nitro fuel tubing and limit them internally.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Oh and those red shocks are 90mm Tamiya Highlift Shocks that are just terrible. I rather use stock plastic scx10 oil shocks over those junker grease and spring shocks any day. I have them on one of my rigs but I hardly ever drive it anyway.
alexchen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

thanks for input, I'm new to crawling rc and this is my first used setup I purchased.

Any ideas on the long black shocks and how they are mounted up on the top rear roll cage? Haven't seen any setups like that on here yet even going through the whole picture thread sticky.....we shall see when it shows up

I was going to start with the mount flip, maybe get the droop kit for $15 and play with the setup anyway, can't hurt to try different things...I'm going to be a slow crawler here, got plenty of lava rock around......this should be a fun new hobby.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by little squirt View Post
thanks for input, I'm new to crawling rc and this is my first used setup I purchased.

Any ideas on the long black shocks and how they are mounted up on the top rear roll cage? Haven't seen any setups like that on here yet even going through the whole picture thread sticky.....we shall see when it shows up

I was going to start with the mount flip, maybe get the droop kit for $15 and play with the setup anyway, can't hurt to try different things...I'm going to be a slow crawler here, got plenty of lava rock around......this should be a fun new hobby.
Those black shocks are savage shocks. They're way too tall unless you do a wrexo cage or build rediculously tall shock mounts for them. In a day or two I'll have my wrexo cage all finished up, it's pretty different than almost every one I've seen.

One other thing to consider for COG is battery positioning. The stock battery mount is way too high up and way too far back. Most people move it forward of the trans under the hood. I however elected to run dual batteries and have them mounted just above the rock sliders.

Sorry for the jumbled mess of wiring but it gives you a little bit of an idea for battery mounting alternatives. I made these trays from .080" styrene sheet and used the factory interior mounting holes for them since I have way too much crap to even think about the interior.

DrewHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewHammer View Post
Those black shocks are savage shocks. They're way too tall unless you do a wrexo cage or build rediculously tall shock mounts for them. In a day or two I'll have my wrexo cage all finished up, it's pretty different than almost every one I've seen.

One other thing to consider for COG is battery positioning. The stock battery mount is way too high up and way too far back. Most people move it forward of the trans under the hood. I however elected to run dual batteries and have them mounted just above the rock sliders.

Sorry for the jumbled mess of wiring but it gives you a little bit of an idea for battery mounting alternatives. I made these trays from .080" styrene sheet and used the factory interior mounting holes for them since I have way too much crap to even think about the interior.

totally looks cool, it looks to have the battery up front already on mine, i see the wires up there under the hood. Can't wait to get started on this project, have a full set of paddle tires and beadlocks here too for the beaches in hawaii. should be a nice dual purpose machine, especially with both stets of gears I have waiting...pics to come as progress comes...

LCOG---------Setups - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCOG help inkpen00 Axial SCX-10 0 07-22-2011 08:03 PM
New LCOG - Creeper Chassis - "LCG-VP" Abavuso Venom Creeper 11 03-06-2011 05:49 PM
50/50 vs. 60/40 setups Crawling Calvin Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 02-27-2010 12:28 AM
Setups jeepcj776 Team Losi Comp Crawler 11 08-14-2009 02:31 PM
Setups ddizlle28 Newbie General 1 01-26-2009 02:21 PM