Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Harley's Wrexo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Harley's Wrexo

Ummmmmmm........
Losi6821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Updates ?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Wizardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #63
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardman View Post
Updates ?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I plan to get back to it soon. I got a little frustrated with it and had to set it aside for a little big. Hopefully in February I'll find some time to do some work.

I guess I should get another Stiffy kit on order.

Last edited by Harley; 01-28-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #64
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I plan to get back to it soon. I got a little frustrated with it and had to set it aside for a little big. Hopefully in February I'll find some time to do some work.

I guess I should get another Stiffy kit on order.
What was frustrating?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #65
ion
Quarry Creeper

from what i've heard is that the blue monkey kit wasn't all that great of a design and required a lot of modifications by the end user. Not a bolt on kit like he advertised it as.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #66
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What was frustrating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
from what i've heard is that the blue monkey kit wasn't all that great of a design and required a lot of modifications by the end user. Not a bolt on kit like he advertised it as.
I wouldn't say it wasn't that great, but I would say that the last 5-10% of the design was never really worked through. Honestly the last 10% is what separates a product from the others. The concept was there, the execution was just not done. It honestly needed another run of testing before it should have been made a production part. Missing the ball on the steering as bad as it was is a major mistake in my opinion. I can't see how it was ever bolted up and ran and deemed to be ready for production. Maybe it was never really ran, I don't know.

It's not so far off that it can't be fixed to work well enough but it's not something I would call a complete product.

ANYWAY... [/vent]

I'll get back to it and finish it up soon
Old 01-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #67
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I wouldn't say it wasn't that great, but I would say that the last 5-10% of the design was never really worked through. Honestly the last 10% is what separates a product from the others. The concept was there, the execution was just not done. It honestly needed another run of testing before it should have been made a production part. Missing the ball on the steering as bad as it was is a major mistake in my opinion. I can't see how it was ever bolted up and ran and deemed to be ready for production. Maybe it was never really ran, I don't know.

It's not so far off that it can't be fixed to work well enough but it's not something I would call a complete product.

ANYWAY... [/vent]

I'll get back to it and finish it up soon
I'm sure Master Harley can figure it out
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #68
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I'm sure Master Harley can figure it out
Ha! I'm sure just about anyone can. It was just a combo of things that made me set it aside. I do want to get it finished. I'd like to get it running to test side by side a SA Wraith.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #69
RCC Addict

just should have left it @ the DmG !!!
would have been finish a month ago *
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #70
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by the DMG View Post
just should have left it @ the DmG !!!
would have been finish a month ago *
It needs that 2014 Stiffy kit too!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
I have to disagree a bit. I put mine together with no more complication than a challenging kit build. You can't blame BM for the inadequate steering lock on the exo. With the included steering plate it maximizes what's available. Take it for what it is, it's an adapter kit to mount an ifs exo front to the wraith. It is not a kit to just add ifs to a wraith and maintain the same rock crawling functionality. You've tiurned a rock racer into a go fast rig that can crawl a bit, not a crawler that can go fast. For the trail snow and mud, I love this thing.

Btw Harley, I'd recommend using a different front axle shaft than a 4.5mm Allen wrench. I used that on mine after watching your vid and it worked great for a few runs. Then it rounded out on the grub screws for the MIPS on both sides. I made a new one with 3/16 cold rolled and drilled some counterbore holes for the set screws to go into about 1mm deep. I was actually able to use the rounded off Allen wrench as a template to mark where the CB holes needed to go.

Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #72
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
I have to disagree a bit. I put mine together with no more complication than a challenging kit build. You can't blame BM for the inadequate steering lock on the exo. With the included steering plate it maximizes what's available. Take it for what it is, it's an adapter kit to mount an ifs exo front to the wraith. It is not a kit to just add ifs to a wraith and maintain the same rock crawling functionality. You've tiurned a rock racer into a go fast rig that can crawl a bit, not a crawler that can go fast. For the trail snow and mud, I love this thing.

Btw Harley, I'd recommend using a different front axle shaft than a 4.5mm Allen wrench. I used that on mine after watching your vid and it worked great for a few runs. Then it rounded out on the grub screws for the MIPS on both sides. I made a new one with 3/16 cold rolled and drilled some counterbore holes for the set screws to go into about 1mm deep. I was actually able to use the rounded off Allen wrench as a template to mark where the CB holes needed to go.

Dna
I got the kit when it first came out, the steering was terrible and no where near ready for production. I've got the adapter piece now but haven't installed it yet. I'm just not sure how something that important got released that way. It's whatever though, I'll get it installed and running.

Having the thread bumped has reignited my interest. Maybe I'll work on it this week.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

My interest recently peaked, reading threads, I made it to bluemonkeyrc and found this...

**** Our wrexo kit is currently unavailable as we are making the steering simpler, adding anodizing options, taking new pictures and creating instructions. We are also making a fully independent (front plus rear) kit for the Wraith. Sorry for the inconvenience. ****

WAITING...
MAVERICKJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #74
Rock Stacker

So finished or not ;) ?
NITRONAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Ha! For updates follow the Harley designs YouTube channel....
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

BMRC has an updated wrexo kit available now. the top plate has been reworked to fix the steering.
dybbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #77
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbob View Post
BMRC has an updated wrexo kit available now. the top plate has been reworked to fix the steering.
I had heard a rumor about that but haven't actually seen one yet.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #78

According to BMRC my black anodized kit should ship next week. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and will post up a semi build thread with pics once I get rolling with it.
BuzzinHornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

I'm still collecting a few more parts when the cash comes available for some alum front steering parts then I will have all the proper parts to build the bomb proof front end such as yours Harley.

here are some pics of the new updated BMRC top plate it looks as if they eliminated the need for the slotted steering insert they were supplying to help move the traxxas bell crank forward. this looks as if it moves it forward but it keeps it a bit higher since your not using the slotted steering shim plate?

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...psdb58ab2f.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...psbf0703d8.jpg
dybbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbob View Post
I'm still collecting a few more parts when the cash comes available for some alum front steering parts then I will have all the proper parts to build the bomb proof front end such as yours Harley.

here are some pics of the new updated BMRC top plate it looks as if they eliminated the need for the slotted steering insert they were supplying to help move the traxxas bell crank forward. this looks as if it moves it forward but it keeps it a bit higher since your not using the slotted steering shim plate?

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...psdb58ab2f.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/p...psbf0703d8.jpg
That setup still sucks. I'm building a wrexo for a friend using the "updated" kit. There just isn't enough room for the bell crank to clear the diff. I've shaved 3 ribs off from around the pinion and clearanced the housing too and it still has crap steering. I figured out a sweet solution to all this nonsense with the kit that I'll post pictures of when it's done tonight or tomorrow depending on motivation.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Harley's Wrexo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my wrexo Frakke Videos! 5 08-27-2013 12:27 AM