RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Szczerba's 2.2 CXT (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/462589-szczerbas-2-2-cxt.html)

helhedded 10-07-2013 07:35 AM

Re: Szczerba's 2.2 CXT

Is ya not planning on fixing that ugly surgery scar?

ROLANDROCKSHOP 10-07-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helhedded (Post 4503793)

I was wondering if anyone would say something about that scar...

Szczerba 10-07-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helhedded (Post 4503793)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP (Post 4503797)
I was wondering if anyone would say something about that scar...

In due time. I just gotta locate my red sharpie. :flipoff:

I kinda like the 4 door handles too.

Erin 10-07-2013 08:46 AM

How do you feel that motor would be in a 8lbs honcho? Im looking for more torque then my 30T handwound, with at least as much wheel speed, but manageable temps8)

Szczerba 10-07-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 4503869)
How do you feel that motor would be in a 8lbs honcho? Im looking for more torque then my 30T handwound, with at least as much wheel speed, but manageable temps8)

This rig is around 15lbs RTR right now. You can see in second video it has plenty of torque, even with the 11/90 gearing on 3s. The wheels keep turning even when it's bound up. I was trying to see if I could break something yesterday. Motor just kept moving the tires. I need to adjust the ESC a bit to fine tune everything.
I was really surprised with the motor. But look at the pictures, there is alot of wire in them there winds!
John Holmes assured me the motor would handle the 15lbs rig just fine He was right, not that I doubted him. :ror:

I ran the truck at crawling speed and some full throttle longer runs. Motor was barely warm, if that.

The motor is a steal at the price too.

I would say it would be great in a 8lbs rig. I had a 14tooth pinion on last weekend and this rig was awesomly fast. Put a smile on my face!

Erin 10-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 4504056)
This rig is around 15lbs RTR right now. You can see in second video it has plenty of torque, even with the 11/90 gearing on 3s. The wheels keep turning even when it's bound up. I was trying to see if I could break something yesterday. Motor just kept moving the tires. I need to adjust the ESC a bit to fine tune everything.
I was really surprised with the motor. But look at the pictures, there is alot of wire in them there winds!
John Holmes assured me the motor would handle the 15lbs rig just fine He was right, not that I doubted him. :ror:

I ran the truck at crawling speed and some full throttle longer runs. Motor was barely warm, if that.

The motor is a steal at the price too.

I would say it would be great in a 8lbs rig. I had a 14tooth pinion on last weekend and this rig was awesomly fast. Put a smile on my face!

I think Im running half the gearing you are though lol, might have to gear it back down with this motor.

Szczerba 10-07-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 4504094)
I think Im running half the gearing you are though lol, might have to gear it back down with this motor.

It was quite peepy on 14/87. Didn't have enough low end to pull the truck out of tight spots. With the 11/90, it's a great mix for this truck. I could go with the 93 spur but I would have to get another long 5mm Crawler Innovations trans output to clear the spur or grind on the MIP shaft.

Guess I am trying to say that this motor's low end and top end are easily tuned with gearing. Quite a range of control and powerband with this little outrunner.

Erin 10-07-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 4504105)
It was quite peepy on 14/87. Didn't have enough low end to pull the truck out of tight spots. With the 11/90, it's a great mix for this truck. I could go with the 93 spur but I would have to get another long 5mm Crawler Innovations trans output or grind on the MIP shaft.

I know it will have the torque, I just dont want to lose any wheel speed. Shes currently a beast on loose hill climbs right now.

Szczerba 10-07-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 4504108)
I know it will have the torque, I just dont want to lose any wheel speed. Shes currently a beast on loose hill climbs right now.

I can pull the motor/esc out of this rig after this weekend and put in another scaler if you want me to test it out for ya? I have a hardbodied half shocked half leafed chevy with no elecs right now sitting on the shelf. I think it is about 5lbs as it sits.

Repost of video for page 5

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TuWhj24XakQ?list=UU2_EwytVOulvGagfhAlxrlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Erin 10-07-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Szczerba (Post 4504113)
I can pull the motor/esc out of this rig after this weekend and put in another scaler if you want me to test it out for ya? I have a hardbodied half shocked half leafed chevy with no elecs right now sitting on the shelf. I think it is about 5lbs as it sits.

I only hesitate, because I have to get a new esc to run this motor, damn bxrls lol

Pretty sure Im running around 4:1 gearing, Ill have to check tonite. Dont wana puff all my batteries with this beast either lol

jeepmann 10-07-2013 01:30 PM

that rig looks awesome! Nice detail work!

JohnRobHolmes 10-08-2013 05:29 PM

I'm running 3:1 on my wraith on 3s with a production Revolver S 540, pulls it just fine. The production versions are higher magnet count, Shane has a proto with 10 (or 8?) skewed magnets. Production version is 14 magnets, no skew. This gives a higher stall torque, and also better low speed control as compared to the protos. Not to say the blue ones are slackers, cause they still put down the power very well!

Szczerba 10-08-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 4504114)
I only hesitate, because I have to get a new esc to run this motor, damn bxrls lol

Pretty sure Im running around 4:1 gearing, Ill have to check tonite. Dont wana puff all my batteries with this beast either lol

I am happy with this motor on this rig so far. I would like to try it on another rig too. I may do that after this weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepmann (Post 4504179)
that rig looks awesome! Nice detail work!

Thanks, it's getting there. Still some work to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 4505656)
I'm running 3:1 on my wraith on 3s with a production Revolver S 540, pulls it just fine. The production versions are higher magnet count, Shane has a proto with 10 (or 8?) skewed magnets. Production version is 14 magnets, no skew. This gives a higher stall torque, and also better low speed control as compared to the protos. Not to say the blue ones are slackers, cause they still put down the power very well!

8 magnet version on this one. I am really amazed how this motor puts out the power, not to mention the low end resolution. 11/90 gearing for slow crawling, 14-15/87 for the Dakar runs!
I ran the motor slow crawling for 5-6 mins, drove it around the yard at full throttle for about a minute, back to crawling and repeat for 2200mah. Motor was barely even warm.

Manning 10-14-2013 05:52 AM

Got to see this rig in action at Crawlapalooza. Freakin' awesome.

The motor is incredible. Tosses this thing around like its nothing, and doesn't build heat.

Szczerba 10-14-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manning (Post 4511390)
Got to see this rig in action at Crawlapalooza. Freakin' awesome.

The motor is incredible. Tosses this thing around like its nothing, and doesn't build heat.

Thanks Mike. I found out this weekend at Disney that this rig is very capable. It's geared around 7.5:1. I would like to have it around 8:1 or 8.5:1 if I am going to be crawling with it more. 7.5:1 seemed like a good setup for trail running. This weekend. I was nice and didn't plow over too many people on the Sunday run.

This is the only picture I took. I am sure there are more, as well as some video.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/15/7a6use4u.jpg

Sent from my computer-phone.

Szczerba 10-15-2013 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Crawlapalooza picture surfaced from RolandRockShop. Line up for the Memorial Chip Cross Trail Run. RIP Chip.;-)

Szczerba 10-17-2013 05:35 PM

I was attempting to run the Scale Dash course at Crawlapalooza #7 in the RolandRockShop video below. The trans slipper nut kept coming loose. The nylon was worn out. I got it fixed and ran the rig on the Chip Cross Trial Run Sunday morning. Drove the rig pretty hard for about 4000mah of 3S battery. Motor was hardly warm. Full speed dirt road bursts to rock crawling.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nM5DTLEBcr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Szczerba 10-23-2013 09:39 PM

Gearing and accessories from RC4WD

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/24/umezumub.jpg

6t pinion and 60t spur for crawlering

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/24/buzamasa.jpg

Sent from my computer-phone.

67mustang 10-23-2013 10:22 PM

For a rig with that kind of weight, i think 10:1 gearing is a wise choice. I have run mine with a few different kv motors for certain top speeds and whatnot. I think 10:1 for gearing is the right setup, the only question is what top speed you are happy with. Whether you use a 3-4k kv motor or a 1000kv motor, 3s or 4s...the gearing choice is right in my opinion. I dont think a truck like this should go very fast anyway. Does your 64t spur fit with the stock outputs and mips?

Manning 10-24-2013 05:58 AM

Wow, look at that nut on the slipper! Looks like a beaver with a chipped tooth gnawed on it. Or maybe pliers were used for an emergency fix during a run......