Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Szczerba's 2.2 CXT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Szczerba's 2.2 CXT

Is ya not planning on fixing that ugly surgery scar?
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
I was wondering if anyone would say something about that scar...
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
I was wondering if anyone would say something about that scar...
In due time. I just gotta locate my red sharpie.

I kinda like the 4 door handles too.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

How do you feel that motor would be in a 8lbs honcho? Im looking for more torque then my 30T handwound, with at least as much wheel speed, but manageable temps
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
How do you feel that motor would be in a 8lbs honcho? Im looking for more torque then my 30T handwound, with at least as much wheel speed, but manageable temps
This rig is around 15lbs RTR right now. You can see in second video it has plenty of torque, even with the 11/90 gearing on 3s. The wheels keep turning even when it's bound up. I was trying to see if I could break something yesterday. Motor just kept moving the tires. I need to adjust the ESC a bit to fine tune everything.
I was really surprised with the motor. But look at the pictures, there is alot of wire in them there winds!
John Holmes assured me the motor would handle the 15lbs rig just fine He was right, not that I doubted him.

I ran the truck at crawling speed and some full throttle longer runs. Motor was barely warm, if that.

The motor is a steal at the price too.

I would say it would be great in a 8lbs rig. I had a 14tooth pinion on last weekend and this rig was awesomly fast. Put a smile on my face!

Last edited by Szczerba; 10-07-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
This rig is around 15lbs RTR right now. You can see in second video it has plenty of torque, even with the 11/90 gearing on 3s. The wheels keep turning even when it's bound up. I was trying to see if I could break something yesterday. Motor just kept moving the tires. I need to adjust the ESC a bit to fine tune everything.
I was really surprised with the motor. But look at the pictures, there is alot of wire in them there winds!
John Holmes assured me the motor would handle the 15lbs rig just fine He was right, not that I doubted him.

I ran the truck at crawling speed and some full throttle longer runs. Motor was barely warm, if that.

The motor is a steal at the price too.

I would say it would be great in a 8lbs rig. I had a 14tooth pinion on last weekend and this rig was awesomly fast. Put a smile on my face!
I think Im running half the gearing you are though lol, might have to gear it back down with this motor.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think Im running half the gearing you are though lol, might have to gear it back down with this motor.
It was quite peepy on 14/87. Didn't have enough low end to pull the truck out of tight spots. With the 11/90, it's a great mix for this truck. I could go with the 93 spur but I would have to get another long 5mm Crawler Innovations trans output to clear the spur or grind on the MIP shaft.

Guess I am trying to say that this motor's low end and top end are easily tuned with gearing. Quite a range of control and powerband with this little outrunner.

Last edited by Szczerba; 10-07-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It was quite peepy on 14/87. Didn't have enough low end to pull the truck out of tight spots. With the 11/90, it's a great mix for this truck. I could go with the 93 spur but I would have to get another long 5mm Crawler Innovations trans output or grind on the MIP shaft.
I know it will have the torque, I just dont want to lose any wheel speed. Shes currently a beast on loose hill climbs right now.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I know it will have the torque, I just dont want to lose any wheel speed. Shes currently a beast on loose hill climbs right now.
I can pull the motor/esc out of this rig after this weekend and put in another scaler if you want me to test it out for ya? I have a hardbodied half shocked half leafed chevy with no elecs right now sitting on the shelf. I think it is about 5lbs as it sits.

Repost of video for page 5

Last edited by Szczerba; 10-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I can pull the motor/esc out of this rig after this weekend and put in another scaler if you want me to test it out for ya? I have a hardbodied half shocked half leafed chevy with no elecs right now sitting on the shelf. I think it is about 5lbs as it sits.
I only hesitate, because I have to get a new esc to run this motor, damn bxrls lol

Pretty sure Im running around 4:1 gearing, Ill have to check tonite. Dont wana puff all my batteries with this beast either lol
Old 10-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #91

that rig looks awesome! Nice detail work!
jeepmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #92
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I'm running 3:1 on my wraith on 3s with a production Revolver S 540, pulls it just fine. The production versions are higher magnet count, Shane has a proto with 10 (or 8?) skewed magnets. Production version is 14 magnets, no skew. This gives a higher stall torque, and also better low speed control as compared to the protos. Not to say the blue ones are slackers, cause they still put down the power very well!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I only hesitate, because I have to get a new esc to run this motor, damn bxrls lol

Pretty sure Im running around 4:1 gearing, Ill have to check tonite. Dont wana puff all my batteries with this beast either lol
I am happy with this motor on this rig so far. I would like to try it on another rig too. I may do that after this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepmann View Post
that rig looks awesome! Nice detail work!
Thanks, it's getting there. Still some work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I'm running 3:1 on my wraith on 3s with a production Revolver S 540, pulls it just fine. The production versions are higher magnet count, Shane has a proto with 10 (or 8?) skewed magnets. Production version is 14 magnets, no skew. This gives a higher stall torque, and also better low speed control as compared to the protos. Not to say the blue ones are slackers, cause they still put down the power very well!
8 magnet version on this one. I am really amazed how this motor puts out the power, not to mention the low end resolution. 11/90 gearing for slow crawling, 14-15/87 for the Dakar runs!
I ran the motor slow crawling for 5-6 mins, drove it around the yard at full throttle for about a minute, back to crawling and repeat for 2200mah. Motor was barely even warm.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Got to see this rig in action at Crawlapalooza. Freakin' awesome.

The motor is incredible. Tosses this thing around like its nothing, and doesn't build heat.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Got to see this rig in action at Crawlapalooza. Freakin' awesome.

The motor is incredible. Tosses this thing around like its nothing, and doesn't build heat.
Thanks Mike. I found out this weekend at Disney that this rig is very capable. It's geared around 7.5:1. I would like to have it around 8:1 or 8.5:1 if I am going to be crawling with it more. 7.5:1 seemed like a good setup for trail running. This weekend. I was nice and didn't plow over too many people on the Sunday run.

This is the only picture I took. I am sure there are more, as well as some video.

Sent from my computer-phone.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

A Crawlapalooza picture surfaced from RolandRockShop. Line up for the Memorial Chip Cross Trail Run. RIP Chip.
Attached Images

Old 10-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

I was attempting to run the Scale Dash course at Crawlapalooza #7 in the RolandRockShop video below. The trans slipper nut kept coming loose. The nylon was worn out. I got it fixed and ran the rig on the Chip Cross Trial Run Sunday morning. Drove the rig pretty hard for about 4000mah of 3S battery. Motor was hardly warm. Full speed dirt road bursts to rock crawling.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

Gearing and accessories from RC4WD

6t pinion and 60t spur for crawlering

Sent from my computer-phone.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

For a rig with that kind of weight, i think 10:1 gearing is a wise choice. I have run mine with a few different kv motors for certain top speeds and whatnot. I think 10:1 for gearing is the right setup, the only question is what top speed you are happy with. Whether you use a 3-4k kv motor or a 1000kv motor, 3s or 4s...the gearing choice is right in my opinion. I dont think a truck like this should go very fast anyway. Does your 64t spur fit with the stock outputs and mips?
67mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Wow, look at that nut on the slipper! Looks like a beaver with a chipped tooth gnawed on it. Or maybe pliers were used for an emergency fix during a run......
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

Szczerba's 2.2 CXT - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Szczerba's 2.2s Villian Szczerba Axial AX-10 Scorpion 75 10-17-2013 05:38 PM
Szczerba's FF-SZ 2.2s Szczerba Axial AX-10 Scorpion 389 06-11-2013 08:30 PM
Szczerba's JK (Minus some doors) Szczerba G-Made Crawlers 193 11-06-2012 07:26 AM
szczerba's saftey video ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 10 05-25-2012 08:21 AM
szczerba's f-toy ROLANDROCKSHOP Scale Videos! 4 05-24-2012 09:12 AM