RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Kit on the way (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/469936-kit-way.html)

Riddler6.7 11-18-2013 10:22 AM

Kit on the way

Hey guys, Just ordered a wraith kit after much debate with myself of kit vs the poison spyder.

I ordered the kit and 11-14T 32p pinions and some 56t 32p spur gears. My plan right now is to get a 13t HH Crawlmaster and run it with the stock esc from my Night crawler until it blows up. Then i will get another Mamba max pro and eventually get a Roc412 3100 and probably put the crawlmaster or another Roc412 in my Night crawler.

I already have my night crawler setup pretty close to the way i want it, only addition will eventually be to replace the stock motor. I also have a HPI Savage Flux HP, so two very extremes there. Im wanting to make the Wraith a good middle ground project, but still make it great at crawling. Also making it waterproof.

Ive been able to keep the Night crawler project pretty cheap but this thing looks like its going to be a money pit to go along with my Nitro Savage X and my 1/16 E-revo VXL (both shelf queens now). The Night crawler has been pretty bomb proof so far, and the Flux, well that that is wicked but amazingly the only thing i have destroyed has been 1 pinion in 3 years , and ive rounded out a few wheels running on 6S.

With a baby on the way, i better get some more stuff ordered quick "thumbsup"

Riddler6.7 11-18-2013 04:32 PM

Is anyone able to compare the roc412 3100kv to the hobbywing xerun 3656sd 3400kv? They both look promising with the hobbywing being about 1/2 the $$$$. Those are the two I'm debating btwn when it comes time for brushless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

T I N Y 11-20-2013 02:18 PM

Re: Kit on the way

The roc412 is always going to be a favorite with many guys because it's a well known brand name setup and does great on the trails and rocks. BUT The xerun is a great little motor for the price. And it does very well crawling and for speed.When 3 of my friends changed to brushless from brushed. 1 went pro4 one went roc412 and 1 went xerun...The xerun hangs right with them.

Riddler6.7 11-20-2013 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info.

Riddler6.7 12-05-2013 07:54 AM

Got my 3100kv roc412, the mmp and cc bec yesterday. Got it all "waterproofed" last night using corrosionx.

Went with 11t 32p rr pinion and used the duratrax 56t spur. Boy this thing will wheely. A little too much for what ill be using it for. Very smooth though even on startup. If I dial my radio down it will crawl very well still.

Does anyone know which/if there is a 58t spur that will go right on or how low of a pinion can I throw on the motor and still get proper gear mesh?