Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #1

Default Help

ok so I've decided to purchase a wraith now I'm having trouble deciding on buying a RTR and putting the following in from RPP

Vanquish Products Wraith Ackermann Titanium Tie Rod

Vanquish Products Axial Wraith 8pc. 3/16 Diameter Titanium Link Set

STRC ALUMINUM HD BOTTOM SHOCK MOUNT (1 PAIR) AXIAL WRAITH (Green)

STRC HD ALUMINUM FRONT SERVO MOUNT BLOCK/UPPER LINK MOUNT, Green

STRC ALUMINUM INTERNAL DIFF HOLDERS (1 PAIR) AXIAL WRAITH Green X2

STRC ALUM MOTOR PLATE (LONGER MOTOR SCREW SLOTS) AXIAL WRAITH GREEN

STRC ALUMINUM STEERING KNUCKLES FOR AXIAL WRAITH (1 PAIR) GREEN

STRC ALUMINUM C-HUBS FOR AXIAL WRAITH, XR 10 (1 PAIR) Green

Hot Racing Axle Alum. Differential Cover Green Wraith (2)

This list isn't really for "upgrade" I just wanted some green parts and figured aftermarket is better then stock?

or if I should just go with the kit. But picking out what is left out from the RTR is making my brain overheat cause I'm not sure what will all work in the wraith or what is best for how I want to build it.

for the answer I'm wanting a wraith I can do some rock/trailing with but when I feel antsy I can open it up and get a little crazy.... please help before I go nuts
Boneshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #2

Default Re: Help

Ok guess ill just go with the RTR and build it from there
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

That ackermen steering link is for ultra 4 and high speed stuff. I've heard pretty good about STRC but some of those things you don't need like shock mounts for a first run so i would run Vanquish because it will last longer than the truck. But if you want green, STRC a fair alternative.
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I went with a kit. Bexause of the front axles. I will replace stuff as it brakes.
DrDiff952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDiff952 View Post
I went with a kit. Bexause of the front axles. I will replace stuff as it brakes.
...and lower links, tire compound (because RTR isn't R35 'thesticky stuff ')
, and i believe the driveshafts are different as well...I could be wrong...
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #6

Ok picked up my wraith been messing with it inside last couple days and today I was on carpet and went forward reverse and forward again and when I went in reverse the rear tires came up and when I went forward it the tires came down and I heard a pretty loud snap. so I took the truck to my bench and the motor was hot I mean too hot to touch. and ive been noticing what I think is the gears making a cracking sound im thinking the spur gear might of taken a beating??

if it helps everything is the stock RTR with a 2cell 5000mah no mods yet
Old 02-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Did you put the differential gears in wrong? As in when you try to go forward they both spin "in" and in reverse they both go "out"? Try free spinning one wheel with your hand and see which direction all the other tires spin
seanmnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Stock motor in the RTR is pretty much crap. Won't last very long, especially if you beat on it. Mine lasted all of 3 days. If you want good crawling and the ability to bash too, convert to a good sensored brushless setup, like a Mamba Max Pro esc and Tekin Pro 4 3300 or ROC412. Look in Harleys bomb proofing thread for necessary upgrades like steel trans gears, mip drive shafts, etc.

Not cheap by any means, but you'll love your Wraith even more. Worth every penny! I went the same route you did starting out and regretted it for s long time. Finally went brushless and can't say enough about it. Night and day difference.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

So u don't have to spend a grip of cash, put a thread in on the wanted section for some upgrade s as needed u will save a lot and have a badd ass rig, I would ageee on the Iroc 3300kv I have 2 of them and u can cheat using Badgers build info on how to dial it in. If u can post some pics of ur problems up close it woll help us to see ur problems better also. Jist don't get frustrated we all have had same issues and that's what makes this forum so bitchen 99% of the people here r super cool and there r no stupid questions
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote