Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: power stroke slash rears

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default power stroke slash rears

Okay so my rc4wd shocks leak like crazy. Tired of adding oil before each run.

I grabbed pro lines slash rears. The fixed upper mount just wouldn't work on my rig so I grabbed the calipers found a drill bit that matched the od of a jato ball then used orings to keep the shock cap centerd on the ball.

Harley says there's a insert you can buy to do this. I have no problem hacking on stuff.

Then I had to find a spring to be much lighter. I've found the wraith purple springs work well for me so I swapped out the lower spring cup from the wraith shocks to hold the wraith spring on the pro line body.

What I've found is these prolinesbare easily tunable and I can run axial and traxas springs I have on hand. I'll run the slash pro line springs when I'm swinging paddles.

Not that I've mounted them I think I'll run 60wt oil to start with then maybe give the slightly stiffer red springs a try.

If these runs work well and hold oil I'll do the fronts the same and maybe try the parts recommended by Harley

Last edited by evan03; 03-09-2014 at 08:52 PM.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: power stroke slash rears

the proline spring kits have nice soft rate in them. that wayyou can even keep the dual rates.
indysand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Spring kit is an awesome way to go. But is unseeded if you have springs laying around. I have tons of springs laying around but am short on money actually short on lunch money now that I bought these shocks

I do like the build quality of these shocks. And to me they look better with the smaller od spring on them
I'll for sure give the dual rates a try. My crawler often time gives some slash and nitro sc rigs a run for the money on the straights. I've got some traxxas springs that fit against the dual rate holder

All buttoned up with 60wt oil feels good. Might be slightly slow to respond and rebound. But may be good Soviet leave it for the rocks to decide

Last edited by evan03; 03-10-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I've got a few runs on these now. With 60 wt oil and wraith springs I'm liking it. Keeps the tires on the rocks and is super stable a very planted feeling almost no wheel hop when spinning on the rocks. And so far no leaks but my rc4wd drive shocks took quite a few runs before the leaked.

Just about can't get over the planted stable feeling
Old 03-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I will be following this...i may need a similar setup on my new build
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

power stroke slash rears - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power Stroke Shocks NEW YORK BOY Axial SCX-10 4 06-14-2010 12:04 AM