Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: What vehicle to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #1

Default What vehicle to buy

Looking at getting into scale crawler vehicle. I have numerous other r/c but none that are a scale crawler. Axial seems to be the best option. I have eyeballed the
AX90031 Axial’s Poison Spyder Wraith

I think I would like an rtr and build from there. I own a 1 to 1 Jeep Wrangler so having the Jeep body would be fun. I would like to mostly crawl with this vehicle and maybe bash a little bit. Money is important but can spend what's needed. I have attended some crawling comps and the wraiths seem to hold their own. All of the Axial vehicles have a ton of after market support. Is this a good option or is there better options, I really want to start with the right vehicle and not regret my decision.
BRICK57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What vehicle to buy

from what uve said the wraith fits but id buy a kit an sell the parts ur not gonna use and use that money towards upgrades
first upgrades id get is

metal trans gears
clockable chubs
high steer knuckles
servo
metal links all around
metal drive shafts

and replace tapping screws with machine screws an use loctite
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If I was starting over from the beginning I would buy a manual for a guide and start ordering each part individually for me it would have saved 399.99 no part from my rtr is left the wraith idea is nice but the parts in the box leave a lot to be desired and can chase a new person away mine didn't last one battery before breaking parts then the real spending started now I have to much to admit to and it sure would be nice to have the original 399.99 back to invest in the things I need to complete so maybe I could see it move my wifee says its just like the jeep I own "a money pit !!!!!!"
vicstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicstag View Post
If I was starting over from the beginning I would buy a manual for a guide and start ordering each part individually for me it would have saved 399.99 no part from my rtr is left the wraith idea is nice but the parts in the box leave a lot to be desired and can chase a new person away mine didn't last one battery before breaking parts then the real spending started now I have to much to admit to and it sure would be nice to have the original 399.99 back to invest in the things I need to complete so maybe I could see it move my wifee says its just like the jeep I own "a money pit !!!!!!"
I'm starting to get that. Looking around on the forum and other places the stock Wraith may not be worth having. Maybe I'm old school about this but why doesn't Axial offer a good, better and best. I for one would be more than happy to spend the extra money and get one with the upgraded parts.
BRICK57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

That's what I bought and I've done a few upgrades. It really depends on what your going to do with it and how far your willing to go...let me re-phrase...how much you want to spend.
SteveC6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm with my fellow PA'er, vicstag.. now even tho I picked mine up with VP links an cms, steel tranny gears, metal drive shafts, and upgraded motowork wheels with RB2's... I have still changed a pile of stuff, including wheels and cms..
I think.my rear axle shafts, tranny housing, skid, and what's left of my lower rails is all that's left on mine..

The nice thing about the rtr... You can run it right off the bat, till you break the first part and all the way till none of the stock stuff is left.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

What vehicle to buy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First vehicle crawler nub Chit Chat 29 07-12-2011 08:48 PM
What's in your vehicle? ghtpdm5 Chit Chat 30 06-16-2011 02:14 AM
Looking into a new vehicle ! zjherna1 Newbie General 1 04-10-2011 12:14 AM
First Vehicle? Cslax06 Chit Chat 30 02-28-2008 06:33 PM