Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: allanons DMG Dual Shock Shortback Stiffy Build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: allanons DMG Dual Shock Shortback Stiffy Build!

How are the Voodoo U4's? I've just ordered a set of Golds to try out
Curb Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

They did pretty good considering they arent broke in yet...but they do have a tendency to plug up with the muddy clay around here...the TSL's on my thug chassis rig were the best for muddy trailing...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:25 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Well, I made a few more changes to Experiment 626, namely putting the IROK's back on and selling the VooDoo U4 tires...the voodoos just were not up to the challenge here..the IROK's performed fantastic and I took 3rd place in class 3 at the king hobbies event in July! Here are some pics! I also re-installed the warn winch on the front...the amount of flex and articulation is simply amazing! I was able to make turns that everyone else had to reverse to make...now I just need to learn to be a better driver lol
Attached Images

Last edited by allanon1965; 08-15-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Nice work on the build. Really sharp rig you have there. I knew you'd end up putting those AR60s back under it, especially with 2.2s. How would you have compared the U4 tires to the others if mud wasn't a factor? Those U4s are about the only tire I haven't tried and was planning on a set for the next build. I do love my RBIIs and TSL XLs.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Thanks! I think the U4 is a good tire but even in the loose stuff and rocks, my Irok's are much better...U4 Voodoos I think are better suited for the U4 races....
Old 08-18-2015, 08:18 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Cool, makes sense. Just not enough void in the tread to dig in the loose stuff or clear the muck. Probably a great hardpack and slick rock tire. I've been looking at Iroks for a while too. Looks like I'll be trying those. I'm in the never ending search for the best all around tire for my application. All of our crawling spots here in OK are a mix of everything from sand to rock to grass and a bit of mud that I try to avoid at all costs. Gravel, logs and tree roots, red clay, you name it. To my surprise, the stock Ripsaws with memory foams, and not so surprising given the amount of positive reviews, the TSL SX have been the two best performers. My RBIIs are slowly gaining traction the more they break in. I just need to get one set of everything, then I'll know I have the best tires.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

I have had alot of tires on this rig over the time I have had it, but I keep coming back to the Irok's. They just seem to work the best, they are especially surprising on hard packed snow and on solid ice...its amazing how well it climbs snow banks and ice covered piles of snow!

My second go to tire is the TSL, it does a great job in the mud and trails around here and does pretty well in the rocks too...

I am satisfied with the rig now as it is with the ROC 412 3100kv and MMP on 3s. All I am doing now is adding finishing touches ....
Old 08-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, can't wait to try the Iroks now. I am really liking my new TSL XLs.

I too am enjoying an MMP on 3s but with the Holmes Puller Pro 3500kv. Fantastic motor. I will be getting a ROC 412 or Pro4 Tekin for my next build just for comparison and variety. Thinking of going with a lower KV on the next one. My HH motor is so damn fast. Extremely controllable and super smooth startup but I just never use all of this motor so I figure a lower kv will give me even better low speed torque and control. I will definitely stay with a Castle ESC because I love the ease of use and all the tuning options. It really let's you dial in the power delivery. I do want to try the new Mamba Monster X ESC. Sounds like an even better brain than the MMP. We'll see.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:33 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

I am thinking about putting one of the new Holmes brushless motors in my 1.9 wraith...i have a tekin 13.5 Gen 1 motor and a castle mmp in it.......i had a few of the trailmaster pro brushless motors that were really good!
Old 08-31-2015, 05:37 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I am thinking about putting one of the new Holmes brushless motors in my 1.9 wraith...i have a tekin 13.5 Gen 1 motor and a castle mmp in it.......i had a few of the trailmaster pro brushless motors that were really good!
Aren't you guys worried about water breaking your expensive brushless motors?

Great build btw!
rson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rson123 View Post
Aren't you guys worried about water breaking your expensive brushless motors?

Great build btw!
nope....dont run in water...
Old 07-01-2016, 10:47 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

I sold off the bomber and am going to dress up 626 with some goodies to get her some much needed bling! I blame bilinvic lol, his wraith looks so damn good!

Last edited by allanon1965; 07-02-2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:04 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Your welcome...here's some inspiration!!!

bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:36 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

this is what she looked like after my last crawler run last week...she is looking a bit tired lol!
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Well I bought a set of fanquish red bead locks in the for sale section on here and think they will look real good with the paint scheme I currently have....
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2016, 08:00 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

I have the first one installed...I think it looks better with the red wheels on it...

edit: now all 4 are on...I really do like the look!
Attached Images

Last edited by allanon1965; 10-31-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

got back out to the course today with my crawlers.. here is 626 doin its thing with the new red beadlocks! My apologies for the out of focus pic...
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

well, the front VP housing has had it...the c-hub mounting holes are wiped out on the drivers side, I used a beef tube to fix last summer but now then are gone as well, maybe aluminum wasn't the best choice lol...

anyway, I got the new V2 housing with the bigger bearing on the inside of the pinion so I think this will help with bearing issues. The new housing is on its way and will be here Friday. I am waiting for the 2.2 hyrax and CI foams to show up as well...I did replace the gears while I was there...didn't have the HD ones so just used the stocks...the original stock gears did really well, I was impressed how well they held up.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2017, 02:53 PM   #119
I wanna be Dave

well my parts showed up today, I must say the V2 is very nice, much nicer than the V1 housing..I noticed the V2 was heavier than the V1 and was pleasantly surprised to see that VP made the tubes thicker to hold the screws better with out stripping out.

also the bottom link mounts now thread into the housing instead of through it, much better!

I like the new style carrier bearing holders as well as the larger inner pinion bearing! on to the pics!
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2017, 08:39 AM   #120
Rock Stacker

I love the V2 axles. I too had the same issue with the pinion bearings wearing out quickly, the larger bearing in the V2 and a bushing on the outside has cured that problem. Hope you enjoy them!
NWHavok is offline   Reply With Quote