Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Currie axles...need help please folks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Currie axles...need help please folks

Howdy,

I decided to build my currie axles this weekend and ran into two issues that I need some help on please.

1. I am not sure where to line the chubs up on my front axle, the stock setup seems to be clocked a little forward, the chub seems to sit turned just a bit forward. Is this the same for the vanquish scale chubs and knuckles?

2. When building the front I didn't understand why I needed to put the truss on first before the pumpkin cover. So, I placed it on, saw how it went together but didn't tighten it down to put the 4 grub screws in with the truss on. Did I mess things up by doing this? Does anyone know if this is a huge deal?

3. This is a huge bummer, after putting it all together I felt binding when turning the front axle. I took it apart and noticed the longer vvd, the 5mm I just purchased and installed was bent?!?!? It has a good bend in it and I am assuming this was causing the binding. Could the truss not being in place have caused this? I really doubt it, but it did cross my mind. Or, is it just my bad luck and I received a bent vvd from the factory?

Any help is really appreciated guys. Mostly, I need to know where the chubs have to sit. Steve from vanquish already addressed my issue with the bent vvd and will help me sort it out on Monday. I am anxious to find out where the chubs sit with scale knuckles on Currie axles though, please.

Thanks people!
avoidsthelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Currie axles...need help please folks

Hi
I got the Currie axles with the New scale c-hubs and knuckles on my Dmg poison spyder Wraith. The only real problem I had mounting the axles was the biggest bearing on the knuckles. It was hard got get in place, I had to really force them in place. And I tought that I had done something wrong, because it was hard to turn the axles around. but when I greased them up it was fine. I clocked the C-hubs in the center position.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the reply, I noticed the same for my knuckles, the clearance for the inner bearings is a bit tight. When you say the center, do you mean the screw holing your chins has a gps on both sides? Or is it close to one of the sides all the way, without any gap?
avoidsthelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #4

When I was rebuilding mine I wasn't paying close attention to which screws I was using where (the instructions note the different lengths and their locations) and started to screw down a longer screw than spec'ed. Needless to say the screw bound up on the shaft... I took it out and compared on the bench... The one I was trying was 2mm longer then the one on the bench. Check the shaft for nicks or scuffs? You never know.
FlogginHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote

Currie axles...need help please folks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
few questions on VP Currie axles m1009cucv Axial SCX-10 5 01-10-2014 02:34 PM
VP Currie axles or GCM Metalhead axles for scx10 Swamp Dowg Axial SCX-10 8 03-31-2013 11:03 AM
New Vaquish Axles - Thank you Currie bigstu General Scale Talk 60 12-11-2012 06:04 AM